Fishgopop007

This is my precious 6 piece Mapex M-Birch Tourer,

10"x 8"-Tom
12"x10"-Tom
14"x14"-Floor Tom
16"x16"-Floor Tom
14"x6.5"-Snare
22"x20"-Bass Drum :]

Forgot to mention the roc n soc throne, iron cobra double bass pedals and iron cobra Hi Hat stand I picked up for about £250 altogether.

All drums came with Remo Pinstripes as standard, But the snare head was replaced with an emperor x when a stick went through it, And the bass replaced with an Aquarian Super Kick 2. These pictures were before the extra cymbal has been added all the way from america :D Thanks in advance if anyone actually posts on something of mine ^^

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,491
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,503
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,484
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,478
  • Picture5.jpg
    Picture5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,498
Last edited:
Thanks guys it wasn't the most expensive kit in the world but it does produce one of the nicest sounds I've ever heard. And the "American" cymbal is a Zildjian a series thin crash that I picked up for about 100 quid.

Wow I really like this kit. I own a Pro-M meself, and I look back and wonder if I should have gotten the virgin bass drum like yours...

But very nice!

-MarkyMark

A few more pictures taken the other day whilst practicing, and uploaded for a friend :]

Attachments

• Picture5.jpg
    Picture5.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 2,091
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,083
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,085
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,109
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,103
thats a nice kit! and i love the Mb10's, cymbal specs? be proud of those drums man, they look great!

Thanks Ainulindale :D :D :D

Well the cymbals specs for the last pictures are (going around from the hi-hats)

14" Meinl MB10 Soundwave Hi-Hats
16" Meinl MB10 Medium Crash
10" Sabian APX Splash, I seriously recommend this cymbal :]
15" Zildjian A-Series Thin Crash
20" Meinl MB10 Medium Ride

I'm just loving this kit more and more to be honest :] And with the new heads i'm buying today it's gonna be awesome :] I might try uploading a sound clip at some point.

Okay the setup has changed to a 1 up 2 down configuration and has had a couple of cymbals removed, also i have a k custom ride coming in july and hope to buy a k custom 18" crash sometime in the near future :] Pictures will be uploaded soon.

I've just bought this kit as new for £400 including all cases, Mapex deep cushion throne and UFIP Tiger cymbals (selling). The kit I sold (Stagg Jia Deluxe Maple) was a much better kit quality-wise but the Jazz sizes so I wanted a bigger kit for ROCK. I too am ditching the 10" for a one up two down set-up and upgrading the UT skins for Evans coated. It was interesting seeing your pics so I now know what hardware goes where!
Cheers!

I Strongly advice remo emperors on this, this just owns anything in my opinion :] Do you want me to post some pictures of the 1 up 2 down setup it's in at the moment??

Okay guys, dunno if anyone really enjoys looking at the kit, but thought i'd post some new pictures anyway, so obviously the kit has changed to a 1 up 2 down setup, i just prefer the easy access to the ride etc, so nowa complete list of stats:
Drums
12x10" tom
14x14" floor tom
16x16" floor tom
14x6.5" snare

Cymbals (from left to right setup wise)
14" Meinl MB10 Soundwave Hi-Hats
16" Meinl MB10 Medium Crash
10" Sabian APX Splash
20" Meinl MB10 Medium Ride
16" Wuhan China Cymbal, i like the trashiness of it :]
15" Zildjian A-Series Thin Crash

Hope you enjoy the pictures! :]

Attachments

• Drum kit 1.jpg
    Drum kit 1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,626
  • Drum kit 2.jpg
    Drum kit 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,615
  • Drum kit 3.jpg
    Drum kit 3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • Drum kit 4.jpg
    Drum kit 4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,593
:O i forgot it in the last post, but for my birthday in july my mother picked up a second hand k custom ride for £150! This is actually my baby :p

Attachments

• K custom 1.jpg
    K custom 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,608
  • K custom 2.jpg
    K custom 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,592
Okay so i swapped back to a 2 up 2 down setupwhile the kits at the house, with the toms kind of offset to the left on a mapex double stand, i find the toms positioned like this much more comfortable than having to central ones, maybe i'll switch it too a 1 up 2 down when gigging i dunno.

damn i want that ride :p good deal that

I know right! basically my teacher buys anything thats a good deal from this local drum shop, he then uses some and not other stuff just cause he has the cash from touring, playing in the west end and teaching :L Basically this ride was a bit of a conincidence, as you know all k-customs are hand hammered and so all sound differently, he bought it because of the sound lined up against other k customs. When i went for my lesson asking him about buying one he lined a load of them up (session rides and all sorts) and i picked this one, it had been used once at a gig....Next thing on the list is a k-custom dark crash :]

get the dark crash ill be mega jelous

Well once this guitar sells your gunna be coming down here to murder me then :L

I'm a bit annoyed at my local store to be honest, i went in there to buy an 18" k-custom crash and they said that they didn't stock any and they would have to order some in because more people chose sabian over them, not down here metal bands are BIG....which i personally hate as stores generally seem to stock more of the metal orientated cymbals rather than the dark ones i personally LOVE :[

Back