old guy new hobby

hi im jim. been wanting to play the drums since i was a kid, but never did. finally went out and bought a set and have been playing for about 4 months(very much still a beginner and dont know how to proceed) i think its in my soul because this dream has never died, now its a reality. pretty excited about drumming. i should probably be practicing right now, but allwork and.......glad to finally be here!

Always room for one more. Welcome aboard.

thanks. i guess i should mention some of my fav drummers. Bonham first and foremost. then obviously steve gadd and jeff Porcaro (i love steely dan) great at anything. well, N Peart and lars ulrich toround it out. dunno? i like moon, but quite a wierd style .....great drummer

Welcome. You'll find a lot of us here who started a little later in life. Enjoy and keep us updated on your progress!

Welcome to the party! There's a great community here, hope you enjoy it.\

I agree with all of your favorites, lol. I don't consider Lars a favorite anymore, but I listened to him a lot when I was a teenager learning to play, so he has had a big influence on me. Now Neil and Bonham, those guys are part of my genetic code!

Back