Rate me new Drum Video

Nice playing. Rock solid.

I like it. Good playing, and the fills sounded good. That song is missing some fills in the first place. However I think I prefer playing a triplett feeling 1/8 notes, on the hats, accenting the 1/4's. 1 and 3 on the kick with 2 and 4 on the snare. That's just my opinion. I hope I worded that right, I'm not into musical terms much. I do like to play music. Putting it into words is another story. Good job.

Cheers guys for the comments. Lefty2 I went for a more busy foot pattern and to lock in more with the bass just to add something else to the video, as it could get stale for some viewers. At least with that, it's a slight bit more difficult to play.

I love the song and I'm also the same as you, love accenting the 1/4 while playing in 6/8, gives such a great feel. Also works well for switching from 4/4 to 6/8 and vice versa.

You're doing it right. More drummers need to concentrate on deep groove rather than big, flashy fills.

This is how I would like to be able to play - minus the traditional grip :) I thoroughly enjoyed listening to you play and watching you play. You have a quiet intensity that is engaging and clearly you are enjoying what you are doing - that is cool.

Mike

Thanks guys, really loving the feedback. I have to admit I am one of those drummers who loves to throw out flashy fills, but as of lately, I've found myself settling more into the grooves.

It could be just the music I'm listening to lately. As for the linear groove, it's the reason I did this song in the first place, not just a standard 6/8 groove.

Back