Just bought a new LM402 Supraphonic!

mikei

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Did some xmas time with some family. Ended up with a bit of cash. So today, through an old source on the net (with as much buying and selling as I do, you find these!) I bought a new in box supra 6.5 x 14 LM402 snare!!!!

Now, the good news is that I really didn't need it as I love my BB. But, I actually didn't sell anything to get it! I am keeping my current snare (BB 6.5 x 14) and will now have this as well.

I used to have an LM402 and loved it! Then I sold it (like and idiot) and have missed it ever since.

So, it will be quite nice to be able to say, what do I want to use today? My Black Beauty, or my Supra!

I got it for $315 shipped to my door. Not too bad for a new Supra.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!

Mike

Sweet. I have 4 snares myself. And depending on which drum I run can drastically change the "personality" of the kit. That, and my kick drum options. 26x14 or 22x14. Add 2 hat/ride combo options....poor mans way of owning several drum kits without "owning" (and having to store) several drum kits.

Sweet. I have 4 snares myself. And depending on which drum I run can drastically change the "personality" of the kit. That, and my kick drum options. 26x14 or 22x14. Add 2 hat/ride combo options....poor mans way of owning several drum kits without "owning" (and having to store) several drum kits.

You are right Harry!!!!

I am very excited!

The BB is AMAZING. Everything I was hoping for and more. But, I like the "BARK" that the Supra has too.

Next up will be a hammered bronze supra!

Can't go wrong with Ludwig snares.

Hopefully sometime next year I will purchase a matching 28 x 20 kick for my kit.

I am going to have to open a drum shop near Mike!
Big%20Laugh.gif

Very cool!

I have a 1965 LM400, what a fantastic snare.

Hi Mike,

Very nice. Can't beat Supras. One of the all time classics.

Like Harry said, just switching out a snare can give the kit a whole different vibe. Funny how that works out, but it's true.

Take care.

Hey guys,

Did some xmas time with some family. Ended up with a bit of cash. So today, through an old source on the net (with as much buying and selling as I do, you find these!) I bought a new in box supra 6.5 x 14 LM402 snare!!!!

Now, the good news is that I really didn't need it as I love my BB. But, I actually didn't sell anything to get it! I am keeping my current snare (BB 6.5 x 14) and will now have this as well.

I used to have an LM402 and loved it! Then I sold it (like and idiot) and have missed it ever since.

So, it will be quite nice to be able to say, what do I want to use today? My Black Beauty, or my Supra!

I got it for $315 shipped to my door. Not too bad for a new Supra.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!

Mike

Mike,

CONGRATS...one that I want as well and will have eventually! Hope that you and your family have an amazing Christmas...Merry Merry!

Next up will be a hammered bronze supra!
Can't go wrong with Ludwig snares.

Way to go Mike! Ludwig really does have some mojo going on when it comes to snares. Sounds like you want one of each flavor, nothing wrong with that, hehe. I know I've posted this pic before, but I just can't help myself :)

Attachments

• 2576911422_d5908b2e84.jpg
    2576911422_d5908b2e84.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 291
Hey mikei, I have an LM402 which is amazing ,beautiful tone at low and high volumes and rim shots to die for. I have several other snares, tama x2 ,pearl x3 and a yamaha. They are all good snares and are great for a change, especially the wood snares. But I just can't fault the ludwig ,it is so versatile.

Back