Jo Jo Mayer Bass Drum Technique

W.I.P.4LIFE

Hey, anyone know how Jo Jo Mayer is doing the Single Double Bass drum technique in the black and white video? I’m trying to find an alternative to heal toe and I read on his website that he does like a Knee Toe thing but it wasn’t really clear. If anyone could maybe explain it a little better I’d appreciate it a lot, thanks.

Hey i'm intrested in that stuff too, but u can also watch some Rodney Holmes, Tony Royster Jr., Derico Watson how they work with their feet... so u need to make that double motion... I'm not so good at english, but i can show u in real. Double is made from that. First hit is press, second is push to front, or look how Jojo does that. train 3-5 mins every day and after 10 days you will see big diference.
Also try to tune your bass drum, or change some pedal sensivity, to find relaxitive position...

thanks alot, a i checked out some Rodney Holmes stuff, and Tony Jr. that seems to have helped clear things up a bit, thanks again.

I play heel toe, but I'm thinking of trying out the "constant release". Well, it is heel toe technique in the end, but the only difference is that you don't stroke with the heel
Looks cool and very effective! :)

Does anyone actually know what he uses? Watching the videos on here of him with Nerve it doesnt look like either of the two techniques.

I've seen a few videos where Jojo says he applies the Moeller technique to his foot. It's pretty hard to get used to but once you get it down it's just as effective as Moeller for the hands.

Back