Audix FP7 mic pack

dtrushr30dw

Over the last several months I have posted some threads regarding decent mics for a home studio project. I have found this mic pack and have watched youtube videos where it is used I think it sounds really good for the money. I found this pack on amazon for $500 which includes cables, clips, clamps, and stands all in one special package. I am curious as to whether this is a good deal and if these are going to be decent-quality products?
Youtube video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmtaIzv2T0Q
Amazon link- http://www.amazon.com/Audix-Microphone-Bundle-Dvice-Stands/dp/B003YHVW2Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks

DECENT quality is a spot-on characterization. Personally I would get some nicer overheads. Audix ADX-51's or Rode NT5's work excellently and aren't expensive as far as overhead condensers go. You'll be fine with the other stuff I think. Overheads make up 90% of the kit sound (so take care to place them correctly!)

If you do get some better overheads, those Fusion condensers would work well as spot mics, especially on hats.

Yeah, this is just for me to get started with recording my band. I just purchased them by the way. I plan to use the overheads on the hats and ride later on when i pick some nt5's. for now this set will work. Then I plan on getting the d6 or akg d112 so that I get the best bass drum sound. For now this kit will work for me to get a solid foundation to build off.

If you want more plentiful (and probably more astute) advice, check out the gearslutz forum.

Yeah, this is just for me to get started with recording my band. I just purchased them by the way. I plan to use the overheads on the hats and ride later on when i pick some nt5's. for now this set will work. Then I plan on getting the d6 or akg d112 so that I get the best bass drum sound. For now this kit will work for me to get a solid foundation to build off.

i bought the DP5 pack and then got the rode NT5's for my it a couple months ago, they are amazing so glad i got them, the audix mics are just awesome only done a slight EQ on them for recording and they're perfect and the NT5's add a real nice clear bright sound for all the high ends of the cymbals etc. and for how cheap all of it was im amazed.. i've recorded drums before with sm57's d112 sm81's and more but i way prefer the sound ive got from my setup.

and you can use all those mics for recording bands! snare mic for guitars.. d4 or d6 for bass.. nt5's for vocals! very professional recordings for a very low price!

Back