kick pedal wont stay straight

MediocrityMaster

Hey, DW, its been a while!

but i've noticed ever since i got my drums, about a year and a half ago, that the pedal it came with wont stay perpendicular with the drum, so it goes off at weird angles and then leaves crescent shaped indents in my falam pad, which is really annoying cause i dont wanna prematurely wear down my heads.

but now do i fix this? i screw the clamp to the hoop down realllllllly tight, but it just doesnt stay tight and then when it is tight it always ends up going off perpendicular again. anyone else have this issue?

thanks,

is your foot on the pedal straight? are you sitting behind the drum

Do you have any kind of "hoop saver" on the bass drum's hoop. These usually come in a fabric or rubber surface with an adhesive backing. If you're not using one of these, one could help. Also some pedals have an adjustment for the thickness of the hoop, not just the control for tightening the pedal to the drum hoop. If yours has one of these, maybe it's set for a thicker hoop.

Dennis

yes, i'm sitting directly behind the kick drum and my foot/leg is directly inline with the drum and pedal. my pedal doesnt come with a hoop thickness adjustment, and i dont have a hoop saver currently, so looks like i need to get new sticks, a new cymbal, and a hoop saver at guitar center then.

thanks again,

I'm with the Mayor....foot position cannot be overcome with tension screws and hoop savers.

Hoop saver may help. That's an easy fix......just use a folded business card.

Put some velcro on the bottom of the pedal (the side with the hooks...not the side with the fuzz) then use a mat under the kick and pedal and that thing ain't going anywhere.

alrighty, looks like i'm taking a stop at costco to see if they have any rugs too, haha

i hate having to fit my whole set in a little corner of my room so sometimes i do get out of line with my kick.

its time to make adjustments!

Hey, DW, its been a while!

but i've noticed ever since i got my drums, about a year and a half ago, that the pedal it came with wont stay perpendicular with the drum, so it goes off at weird angles and then leaves crescent shaped indents in my falam pad, which is really annoying cause i dont wanna prematurely wear down my heads.

but now do i fix this? i screw the clamp to the hoop down realllllllly tight, but it just doesnt stay tight and then when it is tight it always ends up going off perpendicular again. anyone else have this issue?

thanks,

If you have the bass drum spurs too high, it might cause some shifting of the pedal. Just a thought.

Back