STICK TWIRLING AND SHOWMANSHIP TECHNIQUE.

Re: stick tricks

Very, Very nice job.
What kind of drum is that?
I want the company, Skin type,
Its a snare I presume.

Ksquared said:
First of you have a good start and i know that you will master it if you continue to practice! But I'm a drummer and want to see you drumming! I saw your webpage looks like you are becoming a pro drummer. Can you record some of your playing with your cam? Would love to see it.

kk
Yes i can record i little video of me on my pratice pad!=o)
-Jens Nielsen.

Will-Myster said:
Very, Very nice job.
What kind of drum is that?
I want the company, Skin type,
Its a snare I presume.

--Its a new 14" QUIET TONE pratice pad made by SABIAN i use on the video,really nice pad and AMAZING pratice pad,the best ive ever tryed!=o)

-Jens Nielsen. (Greenland)

could someone help with doing some stick tricks while playing drumset or snare, like the stuff rudijen does in the snare video? I can do the twirling and drumming by themselves fine but i can't combine them. I would like to know some basic patterns to twirl the sticks to, to help get me started. Thanks.

Rud...

If I had snare-drum technique like that I would never interrupt it with that silly stick spinning stuff.

All it does is drag your otherwise excellent timing.

I never will understand this stuff.

That's another example that tell's my softly: "START DOING YOUR RUDIMENTS"

GREAAAAAAAT STUFF!!!!! Keep up the nice work. (I always admire people who have the courage to practice rudiments all day :))

that... was badass man. the quality was actually pretty good on my comp.
i loved it man, keep it coming.
i wish i could do that stuff....

Dude, I've got a question. Did you practice those tricks BEFORE being born? What? You've learned it? Yeah right, and I'm supposed to believe that? Oh, come on! And I'm Frederick Barbarossa. ;)

Oh, or maybe you're a Jedi!

has anyone found a video on the internet of someone twirling i wanna see how many different kinds of twirls that people have come up with

That's so cool! I wish I could do that but I'm really bad at stick tricks.

how long did it take you to be able do all that?

Ive been researching the buddy rich stick trick for ages like 6 months now and i still havnt been able 2 work out how its done. jo-jo meyer on this site doesnt make it clear, i'm talking about the actual one handed roll version not the clicking of the sticks.can some generous soul please show me how its done, i so so badly want to learn this technique :).

on that note even the click trick buddy does would be greatly appriciated if someone could show me it.
thanks alot gazz

I am also a fellow stick tricker, and i think ur pretty good! A-. It didn't happen to often but your tricks brought down the quality of your playing. S'alright though, it even happens to jeff queen once in a while, key phrase:ONCE IN A WHILE(in other words, twice a decade)

Aha! A fun post! I love to spin my sticks while I play. I hold the stick between my first two fingers and have found that when I spin forward, and grab the stick with the other fingers,stopping the stick, it helps keep time on a ride cymbal. That is really cool on crash cymbals. I'll have to get some video, I do a continuous spin on the hit hat and snare with both hands. It would be hard to explain.Some times I do the "fake twirl" on the ride and all I'm really doing is rotating my wrist, which is how I strike the crash cymbals.
I have a vocal mic on my left, so my right hand is more active with that stuff. I don't consider it "fluff because I have no finese" I consider it entertaining and challenging during a song that
does'nt need more noise at the time.
I don't throw and catch like Neil Peart, I'm more like Tommy Lee. And the blacklights just add to the fun!

Back