Where do you buy your DVD's?

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
As you probably know Drummerworld has the chance to put up exclusive clips from manufacturers of Drum DVD's - especially from Hudson Music - long time very supporting personal friends.

Below each video i put up a link for eventually buying this DVD.
Can be Amazon or Hudson Music directly.....

So my question - important for further evaluation:

If you decide to buy a DVD: do you prefer to go to Amazon or do you prefer to buy directly from the manufacturer? Actually Hudson Music started to sell directly through their own shop with possibility to choose country and currency.....very nice site with many samples too:

http://www.hudsonmusic.com/hudson/

Thanks a lot for posting your thoughts and taking time - every opinion very welcome....

Bernhard

Hi mate.

I buy my drum DVD's from the drum shop where I work. I buy other DVD's in various stores. I do not buy off the net because I like to support local business.

Hi mate.

I buy my drum DVD's from the drum shop where I work. I buy other DVD's in various stores. I do not buy off the net because I like to support local business.

Ditto on the drum shop (music store or GC). I'll try and find as many previews of something online and then swing by and pick it up. I have yet to run into a time that they didn't have something I was looking for (media wise). Besides the drum guys at both locations in my town are a pretty good group of cats. I always get to take care of some shop talk which is good because I don't know any actual drummers in my area. Unlike the guitar sections where they've got a bunch of twenty year olds with bad haircuts trying to sell you an amp you don't need (at least that's been my experience when playing guitar).

Some of the music shops near hear stock alot of the Hudson dvd's so I mainly get them from there. I have bought a few online, mainly amazon or ebay as they can be cheaper. Still looking around a good £25 for them though.

Guitar Center or Drum shop but that is because I am a cash is king kinda guy and only use credit for emergencies.

I honestly buy DVDs and books at the cheapest place (usually amazon, ebay). I'm all for supporting local business, but the nearest Guitar Center or store with a decent drum selection is 90 miles away.

Amazon and Ebay. Local drum shops never have what i'm looking for.

If it helps Hudson, I would be delighted to buy directly from them! When I do purchase something from Amazon, I usually try to come through Drummerworld, so Bernhard can get his referral fee! Everyone should do that . . . don't you think?

Paul

I have also bought through Hudson as well.

I was looking to purchase the Mark Mondesir DVD but it is available only through Hudson UK. They will not ship to the U.S. I emailed Hudson US to ask if they will release this DVD in the states and was informed rather rudely that Mondesir's DVD is not thier title. HUH? So much for Hudson.

Back