Obligatory Drummerworld Deck Shoot

Solaris

Silver Member
So I realised, even though my parents' have a fully functioning and aesthetically pleasing deck... I've never taken my drums out there to snap some photos!

After re-heading my kit and giving everything a much needed clean and polish, I decided it was the right time for a Drummerworld Deck Shoot!

Though first up I wanted to give a shout out to Tony over at cymbalsonly.com for helping me out with the heads and also 12 new pairs of Vater 2Bs. He was great with the service and shipped everything out to me in Australia swiftly.

Some specs for you:

DW Collector's in Ebony Satin Oil with 24k gold hardware
12x10
14x12
16x14
22x18
Snare: 14x7 DW Collector's Maple 10+6 X-Shell in Aztec Fade Satin Oil with black nickel hardware.

Cymbals: Sabian
14" HHX X-Celerator Hats
18" AAX Xplosion Crash
22" AAX Omni
19" AAX Xplosion Crash
21" Vault Holy China

Heads:

Toms are Evans EC2 Clears over EC Resos
Snare is an ST Dry over Hazy 300
Kick is an EMAD with stock reso.

DW 5000 hihat stand, 9000 series cymbal stands. Pearl S2000 snare stand and Eliminator kick pedal.

Attachments

• DW_Deck01.jpg
    DW_Deck01.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 830
  • DW_Deck02.jpg
    DW_Deck02.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 727
  • DW_Deck03.jpg
    DW_Deck03.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 909
  • DW_Deck04.jpg
    DW_Deck04.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 1,116
  • DW_Deck05.jpg
    DW_Deck05.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 862
  • DW_Deck06.jpg
    DW_Deck06.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 798
  • DW_Deck07.jpg
    DW_Deck07.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 788
  • DW_Deck08.jpg
    DW_Deck08.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 797
  • DW_Deck09.jpg
    DW_Deck09.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 804
  • DW_Deck10.jpg
    DW_Deck10.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 778
Wow great shots of some great gear. How do you like those EC2s? I'm fix'n to try them myself.

Very classy looking kit. Nice deck, too.​

Gorgeous kit man! Lovin' the setup.

Very nice drums. I love the Brady Bunch type photo, where drums are smallest to biggest :)

What's with the XLR cable on your throne? It's a photo shoot.

Nice photog stuff. Drums are OK I guess :)

Beautiful set brother.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Xero Talent - yeah that's a 21" Vault Holy China (though with the dissolution of the Vault line they're now an AA Holy China...)

And the cable on my throne is a headphone extension cable that is more or less permanently gaffed to it (as we run samples in my band).

I'm recording next weekend so I'll hopefully have some time to snap some studio shots again.

What's with the XLR cable on your throne? It's a photo shoot.

Nice photog stuff. Drums are OK I guess :)

Beautiful set brother.

I'm guessing it's for a Buttkicker or similar. Once you have it where you like it, I would guess that you don't want to change it!

I'm not a fan of brass hoops but on this kit, it looks very good indeed. The Omni ride looks interesting too - they seem to have sold quite a few of those.

Back