here's my new dums...

That's definately a great looking kit, but to be honest I don't like the sound.
That's just personal taste, I like te sound of 'normal' sized drums more than those giants. Sometimes I even find my 16" floor too big, but that depends on the music I'm playing.
And maybe you need some more time to find the right sound?
But again: Great looking kit and have fun with it!!!

i can appreciate that... however, these drums are tailored for a specific sound and band that i'm in. you can check out some recordings on our ReverbNation page. they were made with my old kit, but i used a similar style of tuning and almost as big drums.

this kit is certainly not appropriate for most styles of music... but it's perfect for what i do.

this is a stoner/sludge metal drummers dream kit.
not my choice of sizes, but even so that kit is awesome.
i hope it serves you well :)
i don't know what i would do with drums that big, i have a hard time positioning a 12 inch tom, let alone a 16x16 D:

i finally played this kit live for the first time:

DaveCrawl.jpg

It all barely fits in my Honda Pilot.... but if I have a passenger, one of the floor toms has to stay at home.

It all barely fits in my Honda Pilot.... but if I have a passenger, one of the floor toms has to stay at home.

Ha, i can imagine you just sitting it on the passager`s seat and putting the seatbelt over it, lol!

Nice looking kit man, it`s a huge beast!
What do you have your snare on? At that depth, i can`t see how you could fit it on a regular snare stand.

Cool. Thanks for posting the vid. The kit sounds thunderous. I agree with KIS, in that a bit higher tuning may really help bring more life to the kit's sound but that's just my personal taste. While I wouldn't, in a million years, ever use a kit of this size as my primary, I can totally appreciate the thought and care that went into building this one. That said, it must be fun to sit behind and make the house rumble.

P.S.
i finally played this kit live for the first time:

DaveCrawl.jpg

Bad-ass

Kinda gives new meaning to the term "monster kit", don't it? I love it!

FWIW, I would probably meet Bonham half-way on the tuning of those beasts - just enough to get them singing out, but not so high that they lose any of their massive hugeness.

Bring on the THUNDER! That has to be the biggest tom sizes I've seen in a kit. I don't think I could afford to re-head that kit if I had to.

Congratulations.

What do you have your snare on? At that depth, i can`t see how you could fit it on a regular snare stand.

I'm using a Pearl H2000, since the basket adjusts to accept the 15" snare... and i love Pearl hardware. with the tube all the way down, and the basket angled slightly towards me, it's just right... for me anyways.

I agree with KIS, in that a bit higher tuning may really help bring more life to the kit's sound but that's just my personal taste.

FWIW, I would probably meet Bonham half-way on the tuning of those beasts - just enough to get them singing out, but not so high that they lose any of their massive hugeness.

i switched to Remo Suede Ambassadors and have been tuning a bit higher since that video was posted awhile back... the new heads toned down the attack slightly, and tuning higher seems to give a bit more volume and presence... i really like the flabbier low tunings, but the sound seems to suffer from the "listener's perspective".

Back