DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Old 07-12-2014, 11:02 AM

Default Beginning

Hey guys!

I'm 28, live in Australia, and despite what my username suggests I'm not actually a drummer. I've been playing guitar for something like 17 years, but for half of that time I've kind of been wondering if I'm not more of a drummer at heart. I certainly feel like it these days. So I'm diving in and thought I'd come hang out with the dudes who know what they're doing. I may be starting a bit older than many, but it's never too late. Plus my experience as a guitarist gives me a foundation of musicality that many beginners wouldn't necessarily possess.

Anyway, that's my bit. See you around!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Beginning

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too, but this seems like a fun place to hang out. I've gathered though, to be popular, you need a cape of some sort...
Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

Hello and welcome, I hope you like it here :)

If you think you're a drummer then you probably are. One of our members, Nancy, hit it on the head as far as I'm concerned when she said that she's only been playing for 3 years but she's been a drummer all her life. I've played piano for decades but I've never been a pianist, just a frustrated drummer.

You might be surprised how many people on here started to play drums as adults, many of them a LOT older than you, so don't give the "older beginner" thing a second thought. Just play!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome and have fun and remember that some of the members here are Dudettes. Magenta for one. And a cape isn't really necessary but I wear a sash.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the nice welcome messages! Oh and yeah I kinda use 'dudes' in the same way I use 'guys' in the plural - people in general, across genders.

Magenta, I really like that idea! I do feel like drumming seems more natural for me. I just have more fun hitting out rhythms on my lap or a table than I do even playing guitar. Always have really.