DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #681  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
drumkid88's Avatar
drumkid88 drumkid88 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 11
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

I'll play for a bit :)
Attached Images
 
__________________
Anchor Drum Company
24x18.18x16.13x9

www.prettyvisitors.com
www.facebook.com/prettyvisitorsband
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
SebassFR SebassFR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

A little upgrade with a DW 9000 on the left with a cowbell on a Meinl PM-1

Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Some "stripped down" pics..............set up with just the essentials





Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM
jeff_r0x's Avatar
jeff_r0x jeff_r0x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 107
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

I recently uploaded one, but the cymbals keep changing, so here we are again. This was just taken while the kit is home and set up in the practice room.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_r0x View Post
I recently uploaded one, but the cymbals keep changing, so here we are again. This was just taken while the kit is home and set up in the practice room.
Jeff, how do you like the UFiPs?
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
jeff_r0x's Avatar
jeff_r0x jeff_r0x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 107
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
Jeff, how do you like the UFiPs?
Longgun, I simply love the UFIPs.

First off, the 21" Bionic Heavy Ride has lots of stick definition. I used it to replace my 21" Sabian AA Rock Ride, which is certainly not a slouch of a cymbal. The UFIP is more controlled than the Sabian and doesn't wash as much. You can wash ride on it, it's just that the sound doesn't linger long when you do. I kind of wonder if the medium weight Bionic Ride would give more wash if you wanted that. The unlathed bell on the UFIP is insane. I almost think I'm riding on one of those little ice bells. I feel guilt because I want to ride the bell all of the time. That's not to say that the rest of the cymbal doesn't work because it's awesome.

I surprisingly like the 10" Bionic splash more than I thought at first. I was a bit hesitant at the deal because the Bionic splash is a bit heavier than the others. In musical context however, I am very pleased. It sounds perfect.

The 17" Bionic crash that sits beneath the splash is the newest one. This is the only one that has taken some getting used to. I just purchased it and still have the bag it came in, but it is a pre-2012 model, which are a little thicker than the new, revamped ones with the blue label. Even though it is approx. 95 grams lighter than the Z3 Medium crash of the same size that it replaced, it is still slightly thicker per diameter than my 18 and 20 A. Zildjians that surround it. It has a beautiful, darker, smokey sound, but I am still deciding whether it really fits with the rest of the kit. I was quite pleasantly surprised at what it had to offer when I recorded my practice session a couple of nights ago with just an overhead room mic. Will I keep it and get more Bionic crashes? Not sure yet. I might look at the Bell crashes from the Experience line or Class or Rough Series crashes.

Last edited by jeff_r0x; 01-24-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_r0x View Post
Longgun, I simply love the UFIPs.

First off, the 21" Bionic Heavy Ride has lots of stick definition. I used it to replace my 21" Sabian AA Rock Ride, which is certainly not a slouch of a cymbal. The UFIP is more controlled than the Sabian and doesn't wash as much. You can wash ride on it, it's just that the sound doesn't linger long when you do. I kind of wonder if the medium weight Bionic Ride would give more wash if you wanted that. The unlathed bell on the UFIP is insane. I almost think I'm riding on one of those little ice bells. I feel guilt because I want to ride the bell all of the time. That's not to say that the rest of the cymbal doesn't work because it's awesome.

I surprisingly like the 10" Bionic splash more than I thought at first. I was a bit hesitant at the deal because the Bionic splash is a bit heavier than the others. In musical context however, I am very pleased. It sounds perfect.

The 17" Bionic crash that sits beneath the splash is the newest one. This is the only one that has taken some getting used to. I just purchased it and still have the bag it came in, but it is a pre-2012 model, which are a little thicker than the new, revamped ones with the blue label. Even though it is approx. 95 grams lighter than the Z3 Medium crash of the same size that it replaced, it is still slightly thicker per diameter than my 18 and 20 A. Zildjians that surround it. It has a beautiful, darker, smokey sound, but I am still deciding whether it really fits with the rest of the kit. I was quite pleasantly surprised at what it had to offer when I recorded my practice session a couple of nights ago with just an overhead room mic. Will I keep it and get more Bionic crashes? Not sure yet. I might look at the Bell crashes from the Experience line or Class or Rough Series crashes.
Thanks..........I've seen some guys using them, just never had my hands on any yet..........going to check some out soon.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Pass.of.E.r.a.'s Avatar
Pass.of.E.r.a. Pass.of.E.r.a. is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Ok. Done spamming pics of my frrankenstien kit for a while.

-Jonathan
Attached Images
 
__________________
Come give us a listen soundcloud.com/tylordorytrio

and a like facebook.com/tylordory3
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics



__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Talldrummer Talldrummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Reply With Quote
  #691  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM
drummerern drummerern is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 197
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

ok, i'll play... here are a few of mine...

my 1964 ludwig super classics- 13,16,22
my custom bop kit- 12,14,18
my other custom kit- 12,14,22
and the kit i play every weekend at church, a ludwig classic maple- 13,16,18,22
Attached Images
    
__________________
i reject your reality and substitute my own!
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,466
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

12, 14, 14 snare, 22 bass
Attached Images
 
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
xJOHNtheDRUMMERx xJOHNtheDRUMMERx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My POV of my kit and a bird's-eye view.
Name:  548379_432229816868428_2004591258_n.jpg
Views: 2284
Size:  43.3 KB
Name:  531771_432252183532858_1219647757_n.jpg
Views: 2301
Size:  32.2 KB
The kit is a Mapex horizon 22x18, 16x16
My snare is a 13x5.5 Gatton
Name:  73718_404275146330562_71938066_n.jpg
Views: 2406
Size:  34.8 KB
But in this i'm using a Black Panther 12x7
Cymbals L-R are:
13" Paiste Twenty hats
18" Paiste Twenty Custom Full Crash
21" TRX BRT Crash
20" Paiste 2002 Novo China

All Yamaha Hardware
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Xero Talent's Avatar
Xero Talent Xero Talent is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 872
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

__________________
Yamaha | Paiste | Pro•Mark
youtube | gear | facebook | soundcloud
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 PM
bermuda's Avatar
bermuda bermuda is offline
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,911
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Updated pic with new Paragons!



16/18/20" crashes, 22" ride, 20" China, 14" hats.

Kit is Ludwig Keystone in Black Abalone, ltd. edition with a 13" tom (probably the only 9x13" in that finish!) and 6.5" Black Beauty.

Photo taken at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium at the start of the 2013 Alpocalypse Tour.

Bermuda
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Updated pic with new Paragons!



16/18/20" crashes, 22" ride, 20" China, 14" hats.

Kit is Ludwig Keystone in Black Abalone, ltd. edition with a 13" tom (probably the only 9x13" in that finish!) and 6.5" Black Beauty.

Photo taken at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium at the start of the 2013 Alpocalypse Tour.

Bermuda
Bermuda,

Just curious, is that pedal, to the left of your hats, a trigger of some type?
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM
bermuda's Avatar
bermuda bermuda is offline
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,911
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

That's an old Fat Kat, the Kat trigger pedal, and it still works after almost 20 years! It talks to the new pad/module just fine. At some point it will have to be replaced with something else.

Bermuda
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 AM
dusted_drummer dusted_drummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 20
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Alesis DM10 Studio Kit & Alesis Control Pad with iPad (Beatmaker 2 App)
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Frederick_J's Avatar
Frederick_J Frederick_J is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 12
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Ellis drums, Ludwig Supraphonic, assorted Zildjian K's and K Customs.
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

So here's a small pop set up I use in a band!
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #701  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 PM
topgun2021's Avatar
topgun2021 topgun2021 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: , Minneapolis Area, Minnesota
Posts: 1,283
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick_J View Post
Ellis drums, Ludwig Supraphonic, assorted Zildjian K's and K Customs.
From Ellis Drum Shop in Saint Paul. MN?

I occasionally go there since I attend school across the Hamline Bridge.

Here is the set up I used (minus a cymbal above the china) for my last University Jazz Concert.
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 AM
drummer112479 drummer112479 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Mapex ProM Maple. 22x20,12x9.16x16 and snare of the night was my Pearl Morgan Rose Sig.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Frederick_J's Avatar
Frederick_J Frederick_J is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 12
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

[quote=topgun2021;1137037]From Ellis Drum Shop in Saint Paul. MN?

I occasionally go there since I attend school across the Hamline Bridge.


The same. Tim and the guys there are fantastic, and they make a fine set of drums IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Frederick_J's Avatar
Frederick_J Frederick_J is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 12
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
So here's a small pop set up I use in a band!
Clearly a Benny Greb fan. Nice! I love the sound of those sand cymbals.
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
RockNGrohl's Avatar
RockNGrohl RockNGrohl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 164
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Here's my open mic kit:
Tama Silverstars in sky blue sparkle 18" 12" 14" and 14" matching snare.
A Zildjian Custom 13' hats 16" and 18" fast crashes and 21" A sweet ride

After that is my rock kit Mapex Pro M in Ice Blue fade.
22" 12" and 13" toms 16" floor and "14 Pearl brass Sensitone snare.
same cymbals as above plus 12" splash and 18" oriental china
Attached Images
  
__________________
"You can never have too many snare drums! At least they're not crack!" - Matt Chamberlain
Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
rstix's Avatar
rstix rstix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 99
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Yamaha Stage Custom Bebop shells 18" bd, 12" 14" toms
Mapex Saturn Pro snare 14"
Gretsch popcorn snare 10"

I've been messing with this setup with my funk band - it's really fun to play open handed funk stuff with that popcorn snare - and using it as a high pitched tom/ timbali sound when snares are off.

Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
eclipseownzu's Avatar
eclipseownzu eclipseownzu is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New London, CT
Posts: 909
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstix View Post
Yamaha Stage Custom Bebop shells 18" bd, 12" 14" toms
Mapex Saturn Pro snare 14"
Gretsch popcorn snare 10"

I've been messing with this setup with my funk band - it's really fun to play open handed funk stuff with that popcorn snare - and using it as a high pitched tom/ timbali sound when snares are off.

Strange tom arrangement. You smallest tom looks like its facing away from you, while the middle one sits right over the floor. Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM
rstix's Avatar
rstix rstix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 99
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseownzu View Post
Strange tom arrangement. You smallest tom looks like its facing away from you, while the middle one sits right over the floor. Interesting.
i know it looks mad weird - i'm just experimenting with this setup. The "smallest tom" is really a pop corn snare drum that i play on open handed

this is how my "normal" setup usually looks
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Dirtysticks's Avatar
Dirtysticks Dirtysticks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 380
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Here's a shot of my POV on my new Tama Starclassic Birch, with a glimpse of my Yamaha Elvin Jones Signature 7x14 snare!

__________________
Pearl Masters Studio
Pearl Prestige Session Select
An array of snares
Paiste/Zildjian Cymbals
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Taye-Dyed's Avatar
Taye-Dyed Taye-Dyed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 231
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Here are a couple of pix of my Taye StudioMaple golden amber kit. 20x16, 8x7, 10x8, 14x14 with Pearl Ian Paice sig snare. BTW, in case you noticed that I don't have a ride cymbal, yes my 2002 ride has been sitting in a bag ever since I decided that I prefer riding my 2002 crashes. This helps me have a smaller setup which I am all for.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Taye StudioMaple Drums
Pearl Ian Paice Signature Snare
Paiste 2002 Cymbals
Reply With Quote
  #711  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Adam B's Avatar
Adam B Adam B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 185
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

From rehearsal. Sorry about the bad quaility. Phone cam in low light.
Attached Images
 
__________________
My youtube chanel.
My Photoblog
Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 PM
romenydrummer64 romenydrummer64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rome, NY
Posts: 30
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Mapex Meridian 7 piece
Attached Images
 
__________________
Mapex, Zildjian, Evans, Ahead Sticks, Mapex Falcon Double Pedal, Gibraltar Rack
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
drummerboyfitz drummerboyfitz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 91
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My home made drum kit, built from Remo's Buffalo Drums. A 14" kick, 10" tom, 8" snare, all mounted on the snare stand. The hi-hats are vintage Zildjians from 1961 - 14". Iron cobra stand and bass pedal. The 14" has a decent thump. The snare is super dry and popcorny. The tom sounds like a roto-tom. Neat little kit - would be great for busking!

Name:  povdriversseat.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  265.5 KB

Read about it on my blog.

Click here to see a video of me playing it.
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

My USA Customs in Savannah Sunset. Sabian, Zildjian and Spizzichino cymbals.

GJS

p.s. more in the link below to my drum room.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
8Mile's Avatar
8Mile 8Mile is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,716
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulmoski View Post
My USA Customs in Savannah Sunset. Sabian, Zildjian and Spizzichino cymbals.

GJS

p.s. more in the link below to my drum room.
Damn, Skul.

If you ever feel the urge to say, "Hey, 8... come on over and play these things, will ya? In fact, just take 'em home with you when you're done."

I will make sure to make myself available. :)
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Your hihat pedal looks very angled!
Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
Your hihat pedal looks very angled!
Traditional grip is the root cause. I need the room for my left hand/stick to clear the high hats when I go to the tom as part of a fill. If the pedal was at the 10 O'clock position, I would catch the stick on the hihat.

GJS
Reply With Quote
  #718  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mile View Post
Damn, Skul.

If you ever feel the urge to say, "Hey, 8... come on over and play these things, will ya? In fact, just take 'em home with you when you're done."

I will make sure to make myself available. :)
Next time you are in Abu Dhabi, give me a call!

GJS
Reply With Quote
  #719  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
drumminjc drumminjc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Elberton, GA
Posts: 128
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

A few different shots of my deedubs in various configurations...
Attached Images
    
Reply With Quote
  #720  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
TomPlaysDrums's Avatar
TomPlaysDrums TomPlaysDrums is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 68
Default Re: Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
A few different shots of my deedubs in various configurations...
what finish is that? :O
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com