Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long been playing: 14 years
Origin of username: My Band
Top Drummers/Influences: Terry Bozzio, Gavin Harrison, Derek Roddy, George Kolias, Talor Hawkins
Drumset: Old Mapex Venus (13 Years old) With a black panther walnut snare (drool)! about to upgrade hopefully to a custom jarrah Stave kit or a DW
Where do you practice? Custom made music room in my house.
Are you in a band/s? Yes, Malignant Monster
What style of music? Metal, But i play all sorts of music
How did you start drumming? I played alot of instruments when i was young (started piano when i was 2) but always hated practicing i played a friends kit when i was14 and loved it asked my parents for a kit but they said no but i could start getting lessons my teacher said all i needed was a chair and a practice pad (which my parents liked cause they could see if i was gonna stick to it) i played on that for 9 months so they finally gave in and went halves with me on a kit!!

EDIT: Sorry, wasnt aware of this page. I copied and pasted this to here.

Hi Peeps. :)
Im known as David Ford online, and strangely, Im a guitar player LOL. Ive been constantly on the search for drummers. Not sure HOW active I can be in the forums, but I'll try. But before I started posting, and getting to meet you all, I thought I'd intro myself. I dont want to seem like Im spam, so here it goes,,,(cough ,,,couch,,,COUGH!! Hey, its pollen season :p )

Name is Dave (duh LOL) Im from Boston Massachusetts. Im 39 years old. At one pint in my life I was an EMT. Currently I work transporting handicapped kids to a special school in Brighton Mass. Love the job. Lot different than I thought the job would be.

I originally picked up the guitar at age 6 (Will someone please turn off the background music? LMAO ) Even though, I never got guitar lessons, it never stopped me. Not that my Dad couldnt afford it (trust me he had money) I just never asked him. Id watch MTV, when it was MTV, and kept watching the video to see where guitar players fingers where (someone else's wallet LOL Kidding, cough)

By the age of,,,11-ish I bought my first electric with my own money from paper route. Still I never learned anything, that wasnt 100% visual. Didnt have book etc. I'd say for the next 20 years, all I did was play and watch. As that time went on, Id start putting names to the chords. Id catch someone on a show or video that would state the name of em.

Well, about 6-ish years ago, was playing my stuff in front of a friend who also played. He liked it, but said it was old. He was doing Metallica, and I was playing the Eagles etc. Not that it wasnt good, its just old. What he said was some what true, and it trully hurt. So I placed down my guitar, more likely to never play it again. Just about a year and half ago, my other REAL friend was bull, I placed the guitar down to never play it again. I used to come with things that normal players didnt. He used to be impressed, that I could take my guitar and play lead to things like, his kids toys, or to something that had no melody. Always had a tune, when one wasnt there.

So I agreed to retry, and thats when I met him (well, not him, but knowing of him) Joe Satriani. I heard of him before, but never listened to him. Once I heard his music, the heavens almost sang to me. Instrumental Rock, without singing. I couldnt sing, But could do more than just strum chords. He was right in my alley. So as of today, thanks to JOE, I know have 2 electric, 1 Bass (9 hours old) 2 electronic Drums, several pedals and ready to rock and roll. The only problem is, the $400 in electronic drums are almost useless to me. If it isnt a pre-set, Im lost. My only gripe is not having a drummer. Always doing projects online with guys, but the lack of drums or drummer, is a bummer. Which is what brought me here.

Sooooooo, I know Im not a drummer, but I always need one, and like to work with some online. And Im hoping the Admins and Mods, if its ok with them, ID like to stay and meet some of you. Im extremely good hearted, friendly, sense of humor and work well with others. (Am I joining a forum, or applying for a job?? LMAO :p ) Ok, I guess thats it (plus my hand is sore from typing so much.) Is it ok for me to stay?? Will follow all the rules!! (edit, cant spell tonight LOL)

Dave :)

Hello all, I've been reading this forum for a coupla years now but not posting so before I charge into any discussions it would only be polite to do the introduction thing first.
real name?...Tone (tone bloody deaf too)
age?...49
how long been playing?...started playing about 77/78 in communal house punk band and was godawful then,stopped for years though always a drum fan.My son started playing in his school band on the kit and when Grandma bought him a kit I decided I'd like to get back at it,that was a few years ago but I'm still bloody terrible but I love to woodshed so no harm done to an audience. One day I may be alright.
origin of user name?...Also a Wing Chun practitioner.
top 5 drummers?...without doubt, Danny Carey! many others from many styles but four names more, Donald Johnson (A Certain Ratio),Pete DeFreitas (Echo & the Bunnymen...RIP),Orestes (Bitch Magnet, I think that was his name),Terry Chambers (XTC)...many more though, like Hugo Burnham (Gang of Four),Karl Burns (The Fall),Topper Headon (The Clash) etc etc !!!
make of drumkit?...none, it's my sons,Percussion Plus 5 piece with added Sonor floor tom. Thinking of buying a Tama Superstar Hyperdrive, 7 piece when I build a shed to put it in.
make of cymbal?...Planet Z ride,crash and hats (birthday present) and china of unknown parentage + a Tama cowbell.
where do you practice?...Kit's in sons bedroom much to his chagrin.
are you in a band/s?...Not yet.
covers or originals?...N/A
what style of music?...well !!! If I could play like Danny Carey,whatever took my fancy but,that ain't gonna happen at my age so drummers above should hint at styles.
favourite take out food?...I prefer to cook my own food but probably Thai.
country?...Born in England,grew up in New Zealand,live in Australia.
one really odd fact about yourself?...I work hard, while at work.
how did you start drumming?...Always loved to listen to drums and just happened to get a kit when punk hit town and talent was not required to have a bash.Seriously wish I had taken it more seriously then though but, hey! Whaddya do? 20/20 hindsight is a bitch.

how long been playing: 1 year
origin of user name: My bands name is Gallons Corner and I just took the GC.. Real creative I know!
top 5 drummers: Ringo Starr, John Bonham, Jared Champion, Gene Krupa
make of drumkit: Ludwig
make of cymbal: Zildjian/Sabian
where do you practice: In what our band calls the "jam shack".
are you in a band/s: Yes, one!
covers or originals: Both at the moment
what style of music: Old school rock and roll!
favourite take out food: Easily Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: There are no really odd facts about me and I think that's odd enough!
how did you start drumming: Well, last year my guitarist buddy brought his guitar over and I played rock band drums with him. He said that I should start a band with him and so we did!

real name? Mike
age? 35
how long been playing? 23 years
origin of user name? Long drunken story....
favorite 5 drummers? Nicko McBrian, Tommy Lee, Vinny Paul, Bill Ward, Lars Ulrich
make of drumkit? 15 year-old Tama Starclassic birch/poplar
make of cymbal? assortment of Zildjian/Sabian
where do you practice? basement music room
are you in a band/s? not anymore
covers or originals? whatever I feel like playing
what style of music? Hard Rock, Metal, R'n'R, Blues
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? U.S.A.
how did you start drumming? a couple of neighbors played, once I heard/saw, I was hooked and had to get my own kit.

picture.php

how long been playing: 12 years
origin of user name: it just is.
top 5 drummers: no particular order- jason roeder (neurosis), chris hakius (sleep/ om), jack irons, stephen hodges (tom waits), brain, bonham (yes that's 6)
make of drumkit: ludwig
make of cymbal: paiste
where do you practice: in a really dark room with lots of amps.
are you in a band/s: indeed.
covers or originals: originals.
what style of music: doom metal
favourite take out food: bbq
one really odd fact about yourself: eggs are disgusting.
how did you start drumming: i was lusting for a long, underpaid, super-eventful career in the music industry.

how long been playing: about 9 Years
origin of user name: Trying to find something that was free on Youtube and now its stuck
top 5 drummers: Fredrik Andersson, George Kollias, Charly Antolini, Dave Lombardo, Benny Greb
make of drumkit: Musik Machine (no big Brand)
make of cymbal: Paiste Pst 5 Rock Series
where do you practice: parents basement (acoustic) home in flat (E-Drums)
are you in a band/s: used to, not right now
covers or originals: Covers to Warm up, then originales
what style of music: Hard Rock / Metal
favourite take out food: Kebap
one really odd fact about yourself: I drum around on everything that makes a sound
how did you start drumming: Friends needed one for a Band and asked me if I wanted to learn

How long been playing: first lessons at 7, more recently 5 year's reguarly
Origin of username: Long story about a car...
Top Drummers/Influences: Chad Smith, Johnny Rabb, JoJo Mayer, Rolf Fjell
Drumset: Mapex Meridian Birch, Zildjan A Custom Rezo Cymbals
Where do you practice? Local Studio.
Are you in a band/s? Yes.
What style of music? Middle of the Road Rock / Pop
How did you start drumming? At 7 it sounded a lot cooler than playing the Guitar!

name: John
how long been playing: 16 years
origin of user name: childhood nick name
top 5 drummers: steve gadd, buddy rich, then all the rest & i mean that. Ill have a different drummer that ill listen to usually week to week.
make of drumset: 4ps D.W. maple collecters series, 7ps Tama starclassic bubenga elite series.
make of cymbals: zildjen K's all around
where do u practice: private studio
bands: none right now. Study privately
styles: rock, funk, jazz, latin, r&b, hip hop, fuison, drum & bass.

Re: INTRODUCTIONS

how long been playing: I've got my first drums at the age of 8 but I hit things since I'm a baby.

top 5 drummers: Virgil Donati, Mike Mangini, Marco Minnemann, Derek Roddy, Jeff Porcaro.

make of drumkit: Pearl VX

make of cymbal: Meinl.

where do you practice: in my practice room

are you in a band/s: yeah sure : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Malkavian/45314337262?sk=wall

covers or original: original

what style of music: moder power thrash

Hi everybody :D im Bernardo Yacono from Argentina (tucuman)
Well i just want to know new friends drummer and share with you my experience as a drummer :D.
well i've been playing in my band Initial Gracity www.myspace.com/initialgravityband but we're already not together any way you can listen to us.

www.myspace.com/berdrummer this is my space :D
or if you want ... you can check my videos on youtube and add me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7_Thi7NbWQ

thank for your time:D i hope you like :D

LeverageL1 - Introduction

Hey everyone,

My real names Leonard and i live in new south wales, Australia I am 20 years old as of yesterday and i have been playing drums for about 5 months and i get lessons weekly.

I currently have a mapex voyager drum kit and im trying to learn as much as i can which is why i think this forum is a great place.

My favourite drummer is cobus potgieter and he is the reason i play drums as well as the fact that drumming is just epic and the skill involved in playing well interests me.

I don't know what else to say so yeh hi :p

Real name? Dan Lawson
Age? 16
How long been playing? 3 years
Origin of user name? My name and birth year
Top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Chad Smith, John Bonham and Ginger Baker... (in no order)
Make of drum kit? Tama
Make of cymbals? Sabian
Where do you practice? My conservatory
Are you in a band/s? Precious Few Heroes
Covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Rock
Favourite take out food? Pizza
Country? England
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming? Video of Smells Like Teen Spirit. The rest is history.

Jamison Pierce
7 years wo0t!
First name, last name, drum teacher:p
Virgil Donati, Toni Royster, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemen
Tama StarClassic Performer
Sabian AAX
I Practice in my garage until the studio opens up
Not atm, played for a few that opened up fro Suicide Silence, Stick to Your Guns and Emmure
allll origanals
Anything around metal, Been playin some funk and jazz lately
Mexican!!!
Usa So cal yo
dont know if its odd, but i load up on energy drinks and practice till 5 in the mornin:p
I started taking private lessons when i was 18 in Reno NV, had to practice in a apartment with pads, but still pissed off the neighbors lol moved to to southern Ca and start taking lessons with <a href="http://www.McMillanMusicSchool.com">McMillan Music School in San Diego</a> and after bout a year I was hired as a teacher and couldn't hope for anything better:)http://www.mcmillanmusicschool.com

Last edited:

Real name? Joe Gedge
Age? 15
How long been playing? About a year
Origin of user name? Surname with "the" in front. No idea why.
Top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Dominic Howard, William Goldsmith, Tre Cool
Make of drum kit? Roland (Electronic, although Remo made the heads)
Make of cymbals? Roland (Electronic)
Where do you practice? My bedroom
Are you in a band/s? Kind of; we have no ideas for names or music style, and I might have to be singer if we can't find one.
What style of music? Rock
Favourite take out food? Curry
Country? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I can't ride a bike.
How did you start drumming? Liked tapping on things but had no idea how to drum, so I thought I could learn, so I did.

Tom Warner
About a year
T for tom Dubs for the W in Warner
Carter Beauford,Steve Jordan, Aaron Sterling, Will Calhoun, Mitch Mitchell
Mapex
Zildjian
Basement
Yeah, we're called uprising. Some rock and alternative. We do mostly covers and are working on some originals because we won recording time at a battle of the bands.
Fav food- Mighty taco(local place)
Country? US
How did you start drumming? Always have annoyed my parents by tapping on things so i bought i kit and taught myself to play. After a year of self instruction i no play for all of my school's bands, jazz, swing, and concert.

Attachments

• ddrumm.png
    ddrumm.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 793

real name? David
age? 27
how long been playing? about 14 years
origin of user name? I wanted something more anonymous than my usual one :)
top 5 drummers? Virgil Donati, Dave Weckl, Vinnie Colaiuta, George Kollias and Jason Rullo (at the moment anyway)
make of drumkit? Gretsch USA Maple (+ Renown maple 16" tom and Pearl Poplar Firecracker 12" snare)
make of cymbal? 4x Paiste, 3x Meinl, 3x Stagg, 3x UFIP
where do you practice? At home at the moment, not for long as I'm due to become a dad
are you in a band/s? I was.
covers or originals? Originals. Got sick of covers years ago.
what style of music? The band was experimental rock with prog and metal elements. My main focus these days is on extreme metal (which I suck at), jazz (which I suck at), and funk/fusion (which I suck at).
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? I hate loud noises.
how did you start drumming? I was always interested in drumming, but never formally started playing until I was about 12 :(

Real name? Jaxon Williams
Age? 17
How long have I been playing? About 3 or 4 years...
Origin of my username? It's my name followed by drums.
Top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Phil Selway, Dominic Howard, John Bonham, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar (Black Finish)...
Make of cymbals? Zildjian 13" K Hi Hats, Zildjian A Custom 6" Splash, Zildjian A Ride, and Sabian B8 18" Crash
Where do you practice? Bedroom or garage.
Are you or were you in a band? I'm looking for one.
Covers or originals? Covers for now...
Style of music? Alternative, Indie Pop, Funk
Take out food? In & Out Burgers, however I rarely eat fast food.
Country? United States
How did I start drumming? My parents bought me a drum set when I was 13 years old and I have taught myself to play.
Here is my drum set...

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 1,647

Real name? Bryan McClees
Age? 36
How long have I been playing? 24 years
Origin of my username? First letter of first name, first syllable of last name.
Top 5 drummers? Paul Roraback, Taylor Hawkins, Joe Morello, Neal Peart, Matt Cameron
Make of drumkit? n/a
Make of cymbals? n/a
Where do you practice? Church
Are you or were you in a band? Drummed for Jason McKinnis, and used to play with Kevin Compton of Last American Buffalo
Style of music? Rock, Funk, Jazz
Take out food? Any
Country? United States
How did I start drumming? Was tapping on everything as a kid. Dad got me drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back