What's in Your Bag?

What's in my Bag? hmmmm

BEER! ! !
oh yeh and 10 pairs of 3b vic's
set of zildjian 2b with black grip (cant think what they are called, mind block?)
Iron kobra multi-functional key (genius!)
standard boaring ludwig key :-/,
set of nifty ear plugs
ek 300 g2 IEM's
surgical hand grip stuff (every drummer should have a little squeezy bottle of it)!
pro mark cymbal cleaner , 'Never used may i add'. . . .

www.myspace.com/mymatekateuk

Last edited:
Promark Stick Bag
1 DW drum key
1 pair of ear buds/muffs
1 pair of Vic Firth Extreme 5A
1 pair of Promark Thunder Rods

Right now:
  • 3 pairs of Vic Firth 7AN
  • 2 pairs of Cool Rods
  • 1 pair of off brand Hot Rod knockoffs
  • Spare drum key

During gigs, the outside pocket contains my cell phone, my wallet, any change I'm carrying, and anything else from my pockets. I can't stand having stuff in my pockets when I play.

2 pairs chad smith funk blasters
5 pairs vater 5a nude
1 pair steve gadd brushes
headphones
i pod
drum key
and of course my handy pocket metrenome

*3 Pairs of Zildjian 7A
*1 Pair of Zildjian 5A
*About 5 Pairs of Ear-Buds
*Some Moongel
*Drum Key
*Chewing Gum :)D)
*Metronome
*My iPod, when I'm playing drums, but I take it other places too!
*Some Cymbal Felt

That's about it!

- Drum Key
- Sign saying 'No Smoking'
- 4 x 7A Hayman Oak sticks
- Cymbal Felt
- Chewing Gum
- Set Lists

I don't have a bag... But what you might find laying around the kit is...

4 bricks of promark 5A oak
2 bricks of promark 2B hickory
6 drum keys and one on the key chain

About 6 Pairs of Trueline Billy Ward Signature Sticks
Vic Firth Wood Rutes (the standard model)
Vic Firth Plastic Rutes
Vic Firth Jazz Brushes

5 pairs of Zildjian Taylor Hawkins Signatures
3 pairs of the Zildjian 5B Dip
1 pair of Tala wands
1 pair of mallets
1 pair of timpani mallets
Vic Firth Isolation headphones
Advil
Ipod
Watch
Moongels
Metronome
Cowbell
2 sets of In Ears

I honestly leave my stick bag at home and just throw a pair of sticks (7A Zildjian or whatever), brushes and a key in my cymbal bag. I'm a minimalist I guess...

In 17 years of playing I've never done any damage that couldn't be fixed by borrowing the soundmans duct-tape.

I kept breaking my sticks so i just got pair of Ahead 5A (those ones Joey uses) and they do a great job. Although some people say they're tip heavy thats just a wuss excuse for the price tag ($80 AU). They definiatly worth a try, lasted me ages and no complaints. They replacement slips are only $12-$13 instead of replacing wooden sticks more frequently at $20 each.

I kept breaking my sticks so i just got pair of Ahead 5A (those ones Joey uses) and they do a great job. Although some people say they're tip heavy thats just a wuss excuse for the price tag ($80 AU). They definiatly worth a try, lasted me ages and no complaints. They replacement slips are only $12-$13 instead of replacing wooden sticks more frequently at $20 each.

I can't stand them. They're heavy, expensive, and I prefer the sound of wood tips. I don't snap sticks really anymore since I've adopted a looser grip, and I'm playing with lighter sticks (Vater New Orleans Jazz; 0.55" thick at the base). I can guarantee my sticks are costing less then yours and the replacement sticks (on a ratio of cost to playing time). I tend to get between 6 to 9 months out of a pair of sticks at the moment, and I replace them because the tip slowly chips away and becomes non-existent. I'd probably get a year out of nylon tips....

I can't stand them. They're heavy, expensive, and I prefer the sound of wood tips. I don't snap sticks really anymore since I've adopted a looser grip, and I'm playing with lighter sticks (Vater New Orleans Jazz; 0.55" thick at the base). I can guarantee my sticks are costing less then yours and the replacement sticks (on a ratio of cost to playing time). I tend to get between 6 to 9 months out of a pair of sticks at the moment, and I replace them because the tip slowly chips away and becomes non-existent. I'd probably get a year out of nylon tips....

Your opinion is very valid. I can manage around 6-9 months with my sticks also, and friends who have the same sticks also agree. With your sticks, yes, they would suit your style of jazz or fusion but I don't play that. In my post you commented I should've mentioned I play heavier music. I like the bite sound of nylon tips over wood and I've found I save more money 'myself' by using the Ahead sticks more over wooden ones. The weight isn't an issue for me.

right now:
drum keys and hex wrench
vic firth 5a wood tip, AH5a wood tip, Jazz brushes (heavy gauge)
Promark 7a wood tip
vater brushes (light gauge)

Six pair Vic Firth Omar Hakim Signature Model
One pair Vic Firth SD 1 General
One pair Vic Firth SD 2 Bolero
One pair Vic Firth SD 4 Combo
One pair Vic Firth Ralph Hardiman Corpsmaster
One pair Pro-Mark Hot Rods
One pair Ahead Rock
One pair Ahead Joey Jordison Signature Model
Extra sleeves for the Ahead sticks
Ahead Drummer's Gloves
Two drum keys
Moongel
Some cymbal felts
Custom-fitted earplugs

Enough to get any POS NYC club house kit shipshape and ready to play.

~20 pair Vic Firth 2B wood tip
~10 various drum keys
~15 cymbal stand washers
~10 6mm cymbal sleeves
~10 8mm cymbal sleeves
~20 various cymbal felts
~20 various cymbal stand wingnuts
Multitool w/ screwdrivers & allen wrenches (actually a bicycle tool)
Leatherman mini tool
package of earplugs
various band aids
duct tape
three or four different hihat clutches
snare cord
clean t shirt

..........a bunch of stuff, + a pair of new vic firth terry bozzio sticks, which I liked at the store and now i hate.........

Very heavy at the shoulder

A lot of pairs of drumsticks... here in argentina the drummers doesn't have to much things =(

- Zildjian Anti-vibe 5B
- Zildjian Anti-vibe 5A
- Vic-Firth 5B
- ProMark Millenium II 5B
- GoodWood 2B
- GoodWood 2A
- GoodWood 5A

And lot more but don't remember the names jaja...

Let's see...Pro-Mark 5A "Natural",Pro-Mark 747 Rock,Pro-Mark 747 Rock "Natural",Pro-Mark 747 Neil Peart signature,Pro-Mark 5A "Stinger",Pro-Mark Mike Portnoy signature,Pro-Mark Marco Minnemann signature,Pro-Mark 5A Nylon Tip,Vic Firth American Classic 5A (3 pairs),Zildjian 7A,Zildjian 5B Black and a bunch of custom made sticks for me.

Back