DW and Self - Ban Requests

Either they're making a point or they need help fighting the compulsion to read the forum. I think it's fine and I hope Wy returns.

I believe he was frustrated because he's actually a long time teacher and didn't like some of the mindless posters trampling on his professional opinions. Maybe he thought ppl weren't reading his posts? I definitely read them and he always had great advice.

He contacted me and it was self imposed and I will respect his wishes and leave it at that. Thank you for understanding.

I wouldn't be the first thread creator to see a thread head off in un-intended directions, but for the record, my intention with this thread was to discuss the concept rather than the particulars of the most recent occurrence.

Agree 100% mate.
Personally I think it's more of a cold turkey/ addiction thing (ie you won't be tempted to post if you're banned and thus have more time to devote to whatever's going on in your life).
How hard is it to simply stop typing?? Unless you happen to be one of the "forum celebrities"- who's going to notice anyway?

New to this forum, but posting on forums can get to be an addiction (especially if you work with a computer) and sometimes you have to take drastic measures to get your life back. Going cold turkey can be difficult for some people some time, though this is the first forum I've seen where someone requested to be banned.

He contacted me and it was self imposed and I will respect his wishes and leave it at that. Thank you for understanding.

My wish is that the thread be closed for non attention wh#ring purposes. I'm addicted!! Thanks!

Back