Show Off Your Yamaha....SNARE DRUMS!

bilkay

Here's the original version of the Akira Jimbo snare drum. It's got a maple shell and Maple Custom hoops. Note the screwed-on badge. There's one on eBay in the USA right now.

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

Here's my Dave Weckl signature snare.. Stainless shell that I stripped and had copper plated... Great fat sound out of it.. unbelievable power out of it... so much so that I hardly get to use it... In time I suppose.

Weckl 1.jpg

Peace!

I love both those drums, they look tasty!

Not the best picture, but this is what my wifey got me last year for my birthday. It's a 14x7 Brass with the nouveau lugs. Big snare, big sound, lots of sensativity!

DSC05051.jpg

Here's my Dave Weckl signature snare.. Stainless shell that I stripped and had copper plated... Great fat sound out of it.. unbelievable power out of it... so much so that I hardly get to use it... In time I suppose.

View attachment 16538

Peace!

Beautiful drum!

Reminds me of.............

THIS ONE!

RoyHaynes-1.jpg

5.5X14 Yamaha Roy Haynes hammered copper snare drum

Dang billkay... You really enjoy those signature models huh? There are some fine looking snares in this thread.

EDIT: Although I won't be able to take advantage of this opportunity, if anyone wants to join the ranks of those above in this thread, here's your chance... someone's getting a nice deal on this piccolo. There's a handful other yammie snares on eBay too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Brass-Pi...ryZ38095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ugh...just when I thought it was safe to look at this thread again, along comes an opportunity for another beautiful brass Yammie on Ebay! Well, I must resist the temptation to round out the collection (since I already have the 6.5 and the 5 inch model). Sooooo... come on Yammie sensitive model with vintage finish, just a couple more weeks before it comes to the front door!

Here's mine. A 6.5 X 13 brass.

Attachments

• IM000141.jpg
    IM000141.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 11,911
Ugh...just when I thought it was safe to look at this thread again, along comes an opportunity for another beautiful brass Yammie on Ebay! Well, I must resist the temptation to round out the collection (since I already have the 6.5 and the 5 inch model). Sooooo... come on Yammie sensitive model with vintage finish, just a couple more weeks before it comes to the front door!

Aaaah!! You ordered a sensitive?? I'm green with jealous. I saw that snare and thought, "I need to own it". Don't forget to throw some pics up here!

My Yamaha snares:

l_26fc999008690e90ef9c810a9ab36168.jpg

14x3,5 Yamaha brass piccolo (the pre decessor of the Garibaldi Sig)
13x6,5 Yamaha birds-eye maple prototype (at the end they never used birds-eye on production models, only on the 100 Centennial 1889-1989 kits) It has the sensativity of the new ''Sensative'' line.
10x5 Yamaha custom (transforemd stage custom with maple custom strainers and a kick ass sound one of my oldest snares for over 5 years)
12x5,5 aluminium (no Yamaha, but a ass kickin favourite :p)

On the wish list:
A Yamaha Custom snare (or multiple, like a 13 and 10)
Bamboo 14x6,5 or 12x6,5
Peter Erskine 10x3,5 sig.
Akira original maple sig,
Carbon Custom snare that was made for Tommy Aldridge.
Vinnie Colauta sig

Last edited:
I just got a Yamaha Elvin Jones sig. snare as well!

Thats just pure pleasure!!

Attachments

• Untitled-1 (Medium).jpg
    Untitled-1 (Medium).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14,425
Back