Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

It's been a while, but wanted to jump in and show off my new matching 20" bass drum I won on an eBay auction. I now have (I think) the full set of this run of cat birches. I'm pretty stoked...plus now I have an excuse to get a new double pedal!

8" x 7" tom...not shown
10"x8" tom...not shown
12"x9" tom
14"x11" tom
16"x13" tom
14"x5.5" snare...not shown
22"x18" kick
20"x18" kick
14"x5" gretsch crystal tone steel snare
14"x6.5 geo. way Elkhart copper snare

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 1,346
Last edited by a moderator:
Another view from the front...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 1,335
And a view of my music man cave...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,329
Hey, Nic, how do you get back there to play?

Are you a part time hurdler?

Hey, Nic, how do you get back there to play?

Are you a part time hurdler?

lol...there is a (little) gap on the far left...enough for me to squeez through at least.

It's been a while, but wanted to jump in and show off my new matching 20" bass drum I won on an eBay auction. I now have (I think) the full set of this run of cat birches. I'm pretty stoked...plus now I have an excuse to get a new double pedal!

8" x 7" tom...not shown
10"x8" tom...not shown
12"x9" tom
14"x11" tom
16"x13" tom
14"x5.5" snare...not shown
22"x18" kick
20"x18" kick
14"x5" gretsch crystal tone steel snare
14"x6.5 geo. way Elkhart copper snare

Why a double pedal with two drums? why not two single pedals

Why a double pedal with two drums? why not two single pedals

The drums are different sizes, 20" and 22". THe 22" will always be my main kick, and ill have my main double pedal operating it. The 20" is positioned under my floor toms and will have a double pedal operating it placed directly adjacent to my right main pedal...so I can still play completely normal. For those tight poppy grooves, I wanted the 20 to get some tight punch...

It would be like Stantons pedal setup...only his aux bass is a 26"...so the new double kick pedal will never be able to be played with both feet. Rather, the left foot plate of the new pedal is operated by by right foot adjacent to main kick pedal... lol, im confusing my self trying to explain it.

Attachments

• stanton moore.jpg
    stanton moore.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,876
Catalina 2014 swg

Gretsch-set__00.JPG

Gretsch-set__01.JPG

Gretsch-set__02.JPG

Gretsch-set__03.JPG

Gretsch-set__04a.JPG

Gretsch-set__05.JPG

Gretsch-set__06.JPG

Thank you Mista Admin aka G´DAD :D lol

Not expensive, but therefore very very cool... great style, my one and only Gretsch, perhaps not a "real Gretsch"...because, not US-Made... nevertheless I´m lucky with it...
sizes are 20 12 14

some more?

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__01.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__02.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__03.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__04.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__05ps.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__06.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__07.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__08.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__09.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__10.JPG

Gretsch_Catalina_Club_SWG__11.JPG

LOVED my Cat Birch! Until I discovered they were stolen over a year and a half ago.
They were taken to killerusedgear.com in North Hollywood, CA, then sold for cash to a guy named Eddie for his son. That's all I know. Notice, there is a distinct scuff mark next to the floor tom badge...

Attachments

• Gretsch-stolen from storage5.jpg
    Gretsch-stolen from storage5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,516
  • Gretsch-stolen from storage6.jpg
    Gretsch-stolen from storage6.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,513
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 2,515
Anyone have 302 hoops? I have a couple Gretsch kits with normal diecast hoops but was wondering what these might sound like.

Thanks!

Manny

The previous owner of my Espresso Burst USA Custom ordered the kit from Steve Maxwell's with the 302 hoops on them. I really disliked the sound of the USA Custom toms with these heads on them. I much preferred the focus afforded these drums with the diecast hoops. I am not a fan of thicker triple flange hoops generally. I prefer thinner 1.6 mm triple flange hoops or diecast hoops on toms. 1.6 mm on toms with reinforcing rings and diecast on shells without reinforcing rings. The one exception is my Yamaha Club Custom kit that has no re-rings and 1.6mm triple flange hoops. These drums just sing with this combination of shell material (Kapur) bearing edge and the lightweight hoops.

I have 302 hoops on my Brooklyn

I dig them

you would really have to have the drums right next to each other to tell the difference ... but the 302 allows slightly more resonance and overtones but doesn't sound any less focussed to me than my USA Custom

I share the same opinion.

I have the era correct hoops for my 50's 3ply shells but I put 302's on the toms for a change. I can say - on my drums - they're not much difference than the die-cast. I think the reason being is they're very rigid hoops.....like a heavy 'Stickchopper' holding that head in place SOLID all around the shell. I like em.

Anyone have 302 hoops? I have a couple Gretsch kits with normal diecast hoops but was wondering what these might sound like.

Thanks!

Manny

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,461
Airborne! Nice to see these drums here! So darn gorgeous.....way better in person too! Congratulations.

Gary

Back