What's your "day" job?

Hi! Im Pablo, from buenos aires, argentina
I work as an auditor in an insurance company in bsas, but my dream is to live from music

It seems I've met my doom in yet another finance job and I'm trying to think of some other career.

Could it be that drummers would mostly enjoy the same type of work?

If so what's the recurring theme in here?

:(

Sales assistant at an aviation parts company. Also a live/session drummer!

I was a designer/draftsman at an architecture firm until the economy crashed. Now I'm a student/stay at home dad. Once I graduate I'd like to get a job designing firearms

I work at a factory that makes awnings, you know those things that blocks out the sun on your terrace/on your windows. Funny thing, this is in Norway, where we have 3-4 months a year when we actually can see the sun. So I'm a bit surprised that I still can live off it, after working here for almost 10 years now. I like the job though, and have plenty of free time to play with my bands if needed.

I work at Toys R Us...never really did grow up. I used to play with the toys, but then I moved on to bigger an badder things and I'm head of the Apparel department. Playing with baby clothes isn't nearly as fun as toys, but at least no one is going to scream at me if we are out of the newest romper from Heidi Klum.

Last edited:
Professor of English (not much Lit, but prof/tech writing - we do a lot of collecting textbooks for discourse analysis, and I'd love to produce a study of the design/rhetoric of drum instruction booklets).

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents :D

Just joking. I don't live with my parents. And my name isn't George. But I am unemployed however :/

Well, to update my situation: Employed and designing traffic systems, working like hell 10-11hrs/day, I don't play since I got the job (some 8-9 months), barely playing airdrums. And the best thing of all: I don't complain :)

I currently work full-time at a Network Management/IT Company called Your Technology Partner. I am the Customer Service Rep/Tier 1 Technician. I absolutely love it. I've always had an interest in computers/computer repair and have finally something that works with my current skill level/personality(and makes decent money). I'm looking to further a career within the IT field, so this is perfect for me so far.

aaaaand on the weekends, I work part-time at my home paintball field. I've worked there for about 7 years now, but I have recently "demoted" myself to working less hours. (so that I have more time to play). All I do is photograph the players and promote the Facebook. :)

www.facebook.com/hotshotsflorida
www.hotshotsflorida.com

To all the armed services members from all nations, current or past, thanks for your service, and if you're still serving, keep your head down!

If anybody's interested I've now been working for two months in mental health as a support worker for a local mental health charity. It's not an easy job and I see a lot of things every day that make me ask big questions about everything but it's worthwhile and I really enjoy it.

Before that I was unemployed for a year and spent a lot of that time quite badly ill.

Registerd Nurse for people with Learning Disabilities, currently Clinical Nurse manager at a Secure hospital facility for people detained under the mental health act.

Last edited:
I'm a music editor for TV shows and movies. Mostly TV shows these days, but some of my favorite gigs have been feature films. Past work includes Rushmore, House M.D, Battlestar Galactica and the Tenacious D movie. Current gigs include The Walking Dead, Parenthood, Once Upon a Time, White Collar and Black Sails.

I'm a clerk for the United States Postal Service. In a nutshell, I sort the mail and distribute it among the mail carriers so they can then deliver it. It's a pretty decent gig and pays well... Although I'm not sure I can see myself retiring there. I've been there two years now and I already want to kill myself. But it beats getting in 90k worth of debt for a degree that will get me an equivalent job elsewhere.

I'm a Psychiatric Nurse. Started straight after leaving school at 18.
It's now 33 years later & I'm still doing it!

Owner of a ball bearing and power transmission products distributor.

Back