The Wife Says Somethings Got To Go: Help me make the choice

Man, I feel your pain! Tell you what, I'll be happy to let you store a bunch of stuff at my house. I'll just set it up in the studio and email you a pic every week so you don't miss them too much.

Heck, I won't even charge you a storage fee 'cause that's just the sort of upstanding kinda guy I am.

Well, looking at your overall arsenal in writing, maybe your wife has a point. Ha!

The old tune "something's gotta give..." is in my head now. Good luck.

My god man, you've got a damn drum store in your house!

Shame that one had to go, but hey, it leaves room for some more snares now, doesn't it?

I have been very happily married for 32 years. She has bought me drums, insisted I buy others, and when times were tough..... said, you don't need to sell that. We will get through this.

Being single is way over rated.

I could let it all go except for the 1972 Ludwigs. You'd have a clean house, a happy wife, and 1 excellent drum set. But, I'm a hypocrite telling you this, because I currently own 7 kits :)

l would sell off the Gretsch. I don't say that often. It is a mismached kit so I wouldn't feel bad losing it.

I have this discussion with my wife all the time -- why does she want me to get rid of something that gives me joy? A marriage is not about changing the other person. I was a drummer when she met me (she's a singer) and still hounds me about all my gear after 18 years of marriage. I still don't understand why someone feels the need to dictate what you should and shouldn't personally own and enjoy.

This worries me also.

I have been very happily married for 32 years. She has bought me drums, insisted I buy others, and when times were tough..... said, you don't need to sell that. We will get through this.

Being single is way over rated.

But you are married to a descendant of the Rogers drum family, are you not?

Kidding. But I wouldn't be surprised :)

The wife.

Easiest forum answer ever.

The Wife Says Somethings Got To Go: Weigh In?

From Left to Right:

1972 Ludwig 3-ply, B/O Badges, Blue Silk: 9x13, 10x14, 16x16, 16x18, 14x24

1979 Ludwig 6-ply, B/O Badges, Red Cortex: 8x12, 9x13, 16x16, 14x22

2014 Ludwig Classic Maple, Keystone Bagde, Black Sable Lacquer, Atlas Mounts, Custom Fully Rounded Bearing Edges: 7x10, 8x12, 14x14, 16x16, 14x22

2009 DW Collectors X-Ply: 7x8, 7x10, 8x12, 10x14, 18x20

2006 DW Collectors Short Stack: 5x10, 6x12, 10x16, 16x22

1950/1980 Gretsch Round/Stop Sign Badge: 5x8, 6x10, 10x14, 14x20

2006 Roland TD-20SX

The trouble and strife?

The missus?

The old lady?

or just, she who must be obeyed? :)

The Ol' ball and chain.

My wife was nagging me the other day......

Wait hang on! I was way to intelligent to ever get married. All my married friends who are not divorced, envy me.

My drums NEVER nag me.

The only dragone has when not married is illness is more difficult to deal with. But it is a small price to pay for freedom!

I would never think of referring to Mr Madge as any of the above!

OP, it would break my heart to part with any of my kits, none of which are a patch on yours, so I'd agree with the suggestion of getting a bigger house.

TRust me, I would rather be The Husband than Mr. Madge

The Ol' ball and chain.

My wife was nagging me the other day......

Wait hang on! I was way to intelligent to ever get married. All my married friends who are not divorced, envy me.

My drums NEVER nag me.

The only dragone has when not married is illness is more difficult to deal with. But it is a small price to pay for freedom!

Funny that.

All of my single friends, divorced friends, married friends trapped in hateful marriages.........

envy me!

Back