Quantum theory drum practise

It's not really about physics. As has been said, to the best of our knowledge quantum strangeness only applies to the subatomic realm.

What this is about is using the power of the mind to achieve physical aims.

It's not really about physics. As has been said, to the best of our knowledge quantum strangeness only applies to the subatomic realm.

What this is about is using the power of the mind to achieve physical aims.

Global Consciousness Project: http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

This project uses quantum event based random number generators (RNG) to measure human consciousness on a global level. The RNG's produce random sequences of 0 and 1. When an event occurs that effects global feelings, the RNG's start to become somewhat structured. The greater the event, the more structured the RNG's become. This experiment is being conducted to determine whether or not the human conscious is responsible for the reality that we all experience.

The data that was generated during the 9/11 attacks was very significant. As the day went on, the RNG's became more and more structured, to an almost extreme level. The funny thing about it is, the data started to structure itself around 4am, hours before the attacks actually happened. So it is thought that the human conscious was actually aware of the upcoming events, and are directly responsible for the attacks. Whether you think 9/11 was conspiracy or not, it doesn't matter. People consciously (hijackers or government, pick your side) knew they were going to happen, and their energy was projected in such a way that it affected other peoples energy, and the RNG's accordingly.

So if all the worlds drummers actually start to believe that we can improve by collectively thinking about it, our abilities should increase because we have all made a conscious effort to do so.

That's not quantum anything.

That's pure woo!

From the website:
"The GCP effects are not seen primarily as deviations of the individual RNGs (which we often call "eggs"), but can be seen as an increase in the average correlation between pairs of eggs separated by distances up to thousands of kilometers. This means that although the direct effects are too small for us to detect, they occur in synchrony and this leads to detectable changes in the network as a whole. By definition the eggs are independent and should not show any relationship at all. But during moments of importance to humans, the devices show slight correlations with each other. This is a fact that does not fit readily into scientific models, so understandably it is a fact that remains to be accepted. It presents a challenge to status quo physics and psychology. When and as the data are brought into perspective, they may help place mind and consciousness in more broadly competent models of the world."

This experiment has been going on since August 1998.

I looked into it after hearing Theoretical Physicist Michio Kaku talking about it.

Last edited:
..........and is being conducted by the University of Princeton.

I'm not reading it that way. As per first page of the website you linked:

The Institute of Noetic Sciences provides a logistical home for the GCP. It is directed by Roger Nelson from his home office in Princeton, but is not a project of Princeton University.

Not that that necessarily discredits the study, but to me it certainly denotes a difference, yeah?

I'm not reading it that way. As per first page of the website you linked:

The Institute of Noetic Sciences provides a logistical home for the GCP. It is directed by Roger Nelson from his home office in Princeton, but is not a project of Princeton University.

Not that that necessarily discredits the study, but to me it certainly denotes a difference, yeah?

Haha I didn't read the fine print! Had to go back and find that. According to the background, the RNG was a project of the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) laboratory. I'm still not even close to finishing reading all the info on the site. Regardless of who is running it, it doesn't deny the research and the data they are gathering.

I will edit the post:)

That's not quantum anything.

MrInsanePolack said:
I looked into it after hearing Theoretical Physicist Michio Kaku talking about it.

Looks like we'll have to call him Doctor Woo *boom tish*

Seriously, Michio is a brilliant thinker. He's always fascinating. Interesting stuff but obviously testing the waters.

Funny idea to get everyone to think about improving at the same time. The heavy players here would not want my thoughts or they'd go backwards!

In answer to the original question . . . you only think yourself faster in conjunction with practice. Like you need to be able to think at 155bpm to move there from 150.

But a spell away from the kit helps creativity I reckon. Just had nearly a month off from band practice (got married etc!) and I noticed extra creativity had surfaced during that time. Less tight but loose in a good way too.

Back