picked up the Brooklyn Bop kit this morning

A

Anthony Amodeo

took a ride over to Steve Maxwells and picked up my Brooklyn bop kit that had just arrived from the Gretsch factory.
here are a few pics

brook4.jpg

brook3j.jpg

brook2.jpg

brook1g.jpg

I've been waiting for this post for a while..... I'll bet they are every bit as fabulous to play as they look!

Congratulations Anthony. May they provide you a lifetime of musical happiness.

I like how the cymbals go together with the kit, they kinda look like they belong there.

Very nice indeed!

Hey congratulations Anthony. So what are we up to, 3 Gretsch kits now? Do you own any other brands? I'm guessing no.

thanks guys

uncle Lar ......4 Gretsch kits

1966 Champagne sparkle RB - 12/14/ 20/5.5x14

New Classic Merlot Sparkle - 10/12/14/20

(you can kinda see those two in the background )

Catalina Club Marine Pearl - 12/14/18/5.5x14

Brooklyn Satin Mahogany - 12/14/18/5.5x14

and a bunch of random Gretsch snare drums

the only functioning drum I own that is not Gretsch is my 90s Ludwig BB 6.5x14 snare drum that I use with the New Classic and on some rock/blues gigs with the Cat.......amazing sounding snare drum

I actually also have a 1965 Slingerland kit that is sitting in my basement halfway refinished ......I'll get around to finishing it one day

Last edited:
Very nice Anthony! Now get them out of the house and on to a stage ;)

they will be on two stages tomorrow night...one in Jersey and one in Brooklyn ......if this Brooklyn spot has a stage.....sort of an underground spoken word/ poetry/ DJ/jazz warehouse gig that starts at 1 AM and ends at 5 AM

they are always fun

thanks guys

uncle Lar ......4 Gretsch kits

1966 Champagne sparkle RB - 12/14/ 20/5.5x14

New Classic Merlot Sparkle - 10/12/14/20

(you can kinda see those two in the background )

Catalina Club Marine Pearl - 12/14/18/5.5x14

Brooklyn Satin Mahogany - 12/14/18/5.5x14

and a bunch of random Gretsch snare drums

the only functioning drum I own that is not Gretsch is my 90s Ludwig BB 6.5x14 snare drum that I use with the New Classic and on some rock/blues gigs with the Cat.......amazing sounding snare drum

I actually also have a 1965 Slingerland kit that is sitting in my basement halfway refinished ......I'll get around to finishing it one day

You need a Renown 57 bop kit to round out your collection. :)

Anthony...Damn man I admire your conviction. Not just talking about the Gretsch thing, I mean with your whole approach to what you do. You really come across as the real deal, the genuine article, the real McCoy, dyed in the wool, give em hell Harry, all go no stop type of guy. Conviction. That's what I'm talking about. Not saying we always agree, but it's great to know that there are passionate guys like you out there.

When you are gigging, what name do you actually use? What do they call you? Anthony? Tony? Something else?

Anthony...Damn man I admire your conviction. Not just talking about the Gretsch thing, I mean with your whole approach to what you do. You really come across as the real deal, the genuine article, the real McCoy, dyed in the wool, give em hell Harry, all go no stop type of guy. Conviction. That's what I'm talking about. Not saying we always agree, but it's great to know that there are passionate guys like you out there.

When you are gigging, what name do you actually use? What do they call you? Anthony? Tony? Something else?

ha ...you're funny guy uncle Lar

not sure what you mean by what they call me when I'm gigging......but everyone calls me Anthony....or Ant

I admire your passion and fire as well my man....your conviction inspires me

Oh Yea, I like it. Beautiful finish.
I have been meaning to visit Steve's Manhattan store for a while now.
I may go for a Ludwig custom Legacy kit.
I have been hot for a classically built Ludwig kit ever since I got my Club Date SE last year.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm, that's a lovely kit. I'd love to hear 'em sing.

Back