Show off your Yamahas!

This is my basic setup (Maple Custom Absolute). I also have an 8 x 7 tom, SPD-S, side snare, tambourine, and a couple more cymbals. (sorry for the oddly placed carpets. I had to move everything forward to clear a projection screen after the carpets were already in place)

Attachments

• yamaha01.JPG
    yamaha01.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 4,126
  • yamaha02.JPG
    yamaha02.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 4,060
  • yamaha03.JPG
    yamaha03.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 4,048
Hi everyone! Here is my Yamaha kit. It is the Rydeen series, so nothing fancy. I need new skins badly, and I am getting new hi-hats for Christmas. I also have a new Sabian 15" HHX X-Plosion Crash on the way as a result of the 'Buy a Ride, Get a Crash' promotion. Toms are 10", 12" and 14". Current cymbals are 14"Pearl CX hats, 16" Pearl CX Crash, 20" Sabian AAX Studio Ride and 16" Sabian B8Pro Rock Crash.

Attachments

• yamaha rydeen1.jpg
    yamaha rydeen1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3,624
Yamahaha, your cymbals are blindingly clean.

You caught me on a good day! Groove Juice is the best and works especially well on shiny cymbals like the ozone. Discovering this product almost erased all those bad memories from high school using that messy paste cymbal cleaner messing up my mom's nice towels!

Hey all, here's a little update on the "new" setup (same drums, different layout). I resisted the "offset tom" thing for a long time but finally took the time to move things around and now I love it!

Attachments

• drums5.JPG
    drums5.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,616
  • P1080832.JPG
    P1080832.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 3,580
  • P1080837.JPG
    P1080837.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 3,614
  • P1080826.JPG
    P1080826.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,674
Wow! Nice drums everyone! Here's mine.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yamaha 9000 series

sizes 14x10 16x16 18x16 and 24x14
14x5 ludwig black sparkle snare

Cymbals
18 A custom crash
22 vintage zidjian ride
20 dark K ride as crash
Very old and very thin vintage zidjian hats 15's ( 8 bucks at goodwill)
Or my friends vintage zidjian heavy 15 hats

Vintage emperors all around.

DW 5000 hi hat stand
DW 7000 single pedal

Yamaha cymbal stands single brace

Thanks

Hey all, here's a little update on the "new" setup (same drums, different layout). I resisted the "offset tom" thing for a long time but finally took the time to move things around and now I love it!

I love the off-set tom idea! Your drums look beautiful - are they Maple Customs? Absolutes?
How do you like them? I have the original MCs - they record nicely but a little too heavy to carry around on gigs IMO.

posted this on another thread, so i hope this isn't overposting. :) love these drums, 20th anniversary recording customs, there's another rack tom but i use different configurations for different projects. they tune so easily and stay there. nice thread, very cool kits have been posted.

Attachments

• yamaha eric j resized.jpg
    yamaha eric j resized.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 4,444
Decided to post some recent pics of one of my kits..my MCAN...(22,8,10,12,14,16)...all pAiSte cymbals..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here's one of my little piece of heaven..lol..all three kits set up in my bonus room...

picture.php

Older set of Stage Custom Advantages, recently bought used and tweaked by me. Played first show with them two weeks back. Lots of compliments !

YamahaStageCustoms3.jpg

Decided to try out a white Evans EQ3 head for the front of my bass drum...I kinda like the new look.....now I gotta see about getting a white front head for the sub-kick..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Wes!...yea I have one of Billy's heads on my DTXtreme kick...they're good heads and very reasonable...:)....if I get one of those I gotta see about getting the tuning fork logo silk screened onto it (somehow)..:)

Last edited:
Here are my Yamaha kits:
Hipgig jr. in sun yellow
80' Tour Custom bop kit I wish I never sold

Attachments

• DSC03750.JPG
    DSC03750.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 3,199
  • Dscn5724.jpg
    Dscn5724.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 3,004
  • Dscn8407.jpg
    Dscn8407.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 2,854

I have this same set (sizes) of the SCB-I have had a problem with the 10' tom.When I hold it by the rim it resonates perfect but when I place it on the mount it chokes. Have you had this problem and what head combination are you using? Nice set!!

Back