Sabian AAX-Plosion 18" Crash
Dream Bliss 22" Crash/Ride
Dream Contact 14" Hi hats
Zildjian Avedis 16" Crash
ETC:
DW 5002 TD3 Pedals
DW 5000 Hi hat stand
Evans Ec2 batter

What is that second floor tom like an 18 inch kick or something?

no my friend, heres the story:
About 3 years ago i found a set of keller shells on ebay for like 300 bucks. the sizes were a 12x8 rack, 14x14 floor, and a 16x14 kick. they were finished edged and drilled with single point lugs. thinking about it i decided it would be a good idea to buy these becouse i wanted keller "custom" drums for some time and i could use them as a set of toms with the 16x14 being a second floor tom. i was extremely lucky when i found a few days later on ebay, a 20x20 conaway keller kick drum with the same single point lugs as the toms i had just purchased, so i bought that for 250, got 5 different colors of sparkle wrap, (silver sparkle not shown) and got those round hayman lugs you see, re drilled, wraped it in a jelly bean sparkle (i absolutely loved the vintage ludwig and fibes acrylic jelly bean kits so i incorporated that whole vintage look into a modern sounding kit) and i had my own "custom" kit that I essentially built. for cheap to!. sorry to get a bit off topic there but basically it started as a kick but now lives as a floor tom. i just havent gotten the time or the effort to swap out the wood hoops for triple flange
Thanks for reading!

Pearl VSX Champagne Sparkle/ Icon Rack/ Zildjian A's and K's/ Trick Bigfoot/ DW Remote/ Gibraltar Ultra Adjust/

Attachments

• growing.jpg
    growing.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 5,602
really liking that second setup. is it jungle-influenced?

Hi!

Jungle-influenced? Why?

This setup is because I'm studing the way of conduct the cymbal ride on the left hand, even I being deft. This are ideal to playing samba and raise the possibilities of work with the latin rythms.

hugs

generation x cymbals were created to meet the needs of drum n bass/jungle drummer johnny rabb. i just noticed the generation x cymbal and it was a guess.

Oh, sorry, I don't knew that detail. =/

But this cymbal is a Generation X Trash-hat and I bought inspired in the sound of Benny Greb.

Thanks by information dude!

Taye TourPro Basswood 22" 10" 12" 14". Ludwig Acrolite, Zildjian ZXT 20" med. ride, Paiste 14" signature fast crash, Paiste PST5 16" and 2 18" crashes (one thin, one rock), 14" Wuhan china, 10" Wuhan and 8" Sabian AA splashes,
mytaye030.jpg

People may have seen these already on my gear thread. If so sorry to waste your time.

The first is from a rehearsal with a funk band. There's a second kit on the other side of the room. Cannot remember why now. It's just a Pearl Masterworks kit. The snares are great though, Tama bubinga koa and a Sonor Designer. I am surprised to see crash cymbals on the kit. I usually do not use crashes. I prefer to crash rides. The band must have had loads of hits to accent. I think we did a bunch of TOP songs and that is why.

IMG00041-20100311-1551.jpg

This other shot if from another ensemble playing Latin based jazz/funk/r&b. No crashes. 2 rides and some hats. And again 2 great snares, this time a Cottonwood and artist beech. I remember I learned 90 songs in just over a week for that group.

IMG00246-20100620-1151.jpg

How in the heck are you supposed to get in/out of there?

How in the heck are you supposed to get in/out of there?
Well I just put them together for the Neil Peart wanabe pic. They spend most of their time set up beside one another in the basement. For the pic I just took off the last tom on the electronic kit and climbed over the rack. Not something I would want to do all the time.

Back