NPR, rare Al band performances!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Check me/us/Al out on NPR's Studio 360, a nice interview but also the band performing live in the studio, with an unplugged version of Eat It, and Elvis Costello's "Radio Radio" (also a bonus song, "Buy Me A Condo" which we haven't played live in decades!)

http://www.studio360.org/2013/jun/21/weird-al-yankovic-unplugs/

That "Eat It" mash-up is so silly and incongruous... love it! It's said so many times in these parts, but you guys are masters at what you do. And in regards to your comments on the "advanced" thread, exactly what is there that anyone does that you can't do?

Great, great stuff.

That "Eat It" mash-up is so silly and incongruous... love it! It's said so many times in these parts, but you guys are masters at what you do. And in regards to your comments on the "advanced" thread, exactly what is there that anyone does that you can't do?

Great, great stuff.

Ditto- incredible stuff and all so fun but so perfectly played- those two guitar notes (transition back into the verse) in Eat It sound so serious. Loved the drums on the last (accordion) song BTW haha.

Eat It was a superb performance, Jon. Everyone sounded great. "Best cover band on earth" wasn't hyperbole IMO.

Funny, at practice the other week we were talking about that "They're Coming to Take Me Away" single. My sister had that record ... the backwards flipside was especially creepy!

Good stuff. "Radio, Radio" kind of threw me a curve. I was expecting a parody, not a straight cover. Sounded good, though. I liked the rapport between al and the interviewer. It seemed like there were a few questions that Al doesn't usually get. I watched the "Behind the music" video last week and this was a perfect addition. Thanks for sharing.

Very interesing! I liked "Eat It" a lot, too. Great musicianship.
Al seems to be a super fine person, I guess it must be great fun to work with him.

I must admit that was the first time I was listening to Weird Al's music in my life. Better late than never ;-)

Back