What's your "day" job?

I am a crew scheduler at an airline that flys cargo with 747s all over the world.
In other words-I put pilots in the seats. I have to follow contractual and federal regulations. Can be a challenge when you have maintenance and weather delays and you need to make sure the next flight goes out on time.

Plus you get to deal with all of the drama from the pilots themselves.

I work in the service and parts dept at a motorcycle shop. Main soul of the shop is vintage BMWs but it's also a full scale Ducati, Triumph, and Vespa scooter dealer.

I am a college professor. I teach electrical engineering technology majors mostly (electrical circuit theory, semiconductors, microprocessors/microcontrollers). I also teach some computer science (Python) and science/physics for non-majors (I developed a natural science elective called Science of Sound- lots of fun there).

I also write a lot (two editions of a linear semiconductors text, a bunch of lab manuals, and I don't know how many articles for electronics/computer/music magazines. Many years ago I wrote a short-lived column for Modern Drummer on electronic drums. This was when MIDI was new. I think it was around 1987 or so.

Then there's my software company, dissidents. Audio analysis and editing software mostly.

And sometimes I draw cartoons. Like my avatar. That's been around for decades.

I'm a musician. I have no other job. I've been doing this (music) a long time.

Biggest cliche ever...super market, the coop, Not too bad really, it pays for my kit after all.x

Apart from playing music for a living, I also like to Blacksmith!!

Tam.xx

Last edited:
Currently a student studying Live Sound Engineering/Audio Engineering....thinking of going for my masters in Acoustical Engineering.

Work in my brother's bakery. I don't love it. But at least I get to wear a cool hat. Though it's smaller than my brothers.

I listed mine in an earlier post - IT stuff. I HATE IT and want OUT! I would love to have a job either delivering stuff (not using 18 wheelers) or mowing lawns or something. I am at that Office Space point where if one more person asks me a question I already answered I will explode. From the outside my job looks awesome - decent pay, benefits etc. But I am so sick of office crap and fixing things. I don't want to solve problems any more.

Any suggestions?

MM

For anyone that's interested in what I do (precious few, I'd imagine):

I'm a support worker for a mental health charity. I work with individuals and groups with mental health issues, supporting their recovery, working over finances, trying to build confidence to empower individuals and sometimes invoking procedures to prevent suicide, if necessary. I also run cognitive behavioural therapy sessions and a theatre group.

It's the best *&%^ing job I've ever had and I love it. It's very rough sometimes and certain things can hit you very hard but it's wonderfully rewarding.

I am interested, my wife works in this field, so I know and respect the amount of work you and Dodeska have to do, with the numerous challenges, but also know that this work can, and does, make huge difference to peoples lives, up to the extent of literally giving people a different outlook on their lives and fresh start. Kudos to you both.

Last edited:
I am interested, my wife works in this field, so I know and respect the amount of work you and Dodeska have to do, with the numerous challenges, but also know that this work can, and does, make huge difference to peoples lives, up to the extent of literally giving people a different outlook on their lives and fresh start. Kudos to you both.

Thank you. It's really very rough at the moment but it gets easier sometimes. The job can be its own reward sometimes.

Back to coaching swimming and beginner's lessons. Quit my other job. They said I couldn't make appointments to fix my truck, take my cat to the vet or take grandpa to the doc after work hours. Should be temporary. Looking to move by the end of the summer, most likely to Charlotte.

On disability: MDD w/ psychos / PTSD / Severe Geveralized Anxiety / OCD / Alcoholic since age 11

But it is only rock n roll and I like it!

I listed mine in an earlier post - IT stuff. I HATE IT and want OUT! I would love to have a job either delivering stuff (not using 18 wheelers) or mowing lawns or something. I am at that Office Space point where if one more person asks me a question I already answered I will explode. From the outside my job looks awesome - decent pay, benefits etc. But I am so sick of office crap and fixing things. I don't want to solve problems any more.

Any suggestions?

MM

You need a Netflix subscription and to watch "The IT Crowd"

I'm a commercial photographer, which means pics for advertising & marketing. No weddings or pets

Here's a pic I made with a flashlight, just to try something new.

Attachments

• Schecter C-1.jpg
    Schecter C-1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 77
Back