INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Dave

Age? 45

How long have you been playing? 34 years

Your top 5 drummers? Gadd, Elvin, Philly Joe Jones, Art Blakey, Tony Williams

Make of drumkit? Gretsch New Classics / Gretsch USA Customs

Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Istanbul Agop, Bosphorus

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? Yes

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Current band is a jazz trio playing standards and originals covering styles of swing, light bop, light funk, and latin. Have played in country bands, original rock bands, wedding bands, etc...

How did you start drumming? My Dad played drums

Other... Fortunate to have studied with great teachers. I'd rather record than play live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real name? Patrick

Age? 34

How long have you been playing? Almost 20 years

Origin of user name? Just what is says. Wish I was better than I am.

Your top 5 drummers? Thomas Lang,Tony Royster Jr.,Taylor Hawkins,Chad Smith,Neal Peart

Make of drumkit? Mapex Saturn

Make of cymbal? Sabian

Where do you practice? Home or at church

Are you in a band? In the process of starting one

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Christian rock

Favourite take out food? Sushi

What country do you live in? United States

One really odd fact about yourself? I have small hands for my size

How did you start drumming? My dad needed a drummer for his band and I said if you buy me a set of drums I will play.

Hi all! My name is Rob and i am from West Virginia.
I consider myself a laid back kind of guy.

I am a drummer but could use alot more practice.
I started out in a marching band playing snare, played for about 8 years,then after school lost touch w/ playing and recently got another set and trying to get back into the groove so to speak.

I hope to re-learn alot of what i have lost over the years and is one of the reasons i joined this forum.See yall around the forums.

How long have you been playing: About 3 or 4 years

Origin of user name: My name :p

Your top 5 drummers: In order : Chad smith, Dave Grohl, Dennis Chambers, Buddy rich and John Bonham

Make of drumkit: Pearl Vision VMX

Make of cymbal: Sabian, Zildjian and stagg

Where do you practice: My room , drum teachers house , school .

Are you in a band: Yes. We were originally called The hailstones but we are now changing to something else.

Do you play covers or originals: Mostly covers, but came out with an original and are trying to do some more.

What style of music: Rock, funk.

Favourite take out food: Pizza

What country do you live in: United Kingdom

One really odd fact about yourself: I hate crows.

How did you start drumming: In primary I took lessons then quit but in secondary school I started listening to music more and more and wanted to play some stuff.

How long have you been playing: I played from 17 to 30. Just starting again at 40.
My top drummers: Tommy Lee, Alex Van Halen, John Bonham, Ian Paice
Make of drumkit: DW
Make of cymbal: Zildjian
Where do you practice: Home
Are you in a band: Not yet
Do you play covers or originals: Both.
What style of music: Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock & Metal
Favorite take out food: In N' Out Burger
What country do you live in: USA
How did you start drumming: Listening to Motley Crue.

Thanks for having me. I just got back into drumming after a LONG time. Recently ordered a DW Collectors series kit in twisted white silk with black nickel hardware. The sizes are 18x26 bass, 9x13 tom tom, 12x14 and 14x16 floor toms, and a 6.5x13 Tama black nickel steel snare. The hardware and cymbals include a DW 5000 Accelerator single bass pedal, 16" and 18" Zildjian Z Custom crashes and I'm hoping to top it off with Zildjian A Custom hi-hats, ride, and 16" & 18" crashes with a Oriental Trash China, 12" splash and a 9.5" Zil-Bel inverted riding piggy back on the ride like Tommy Lee. Within 6 months I'm looking to get a DW bronze snare. I'm buying the hardware piece by piece as I am budgeting myself out. Pics will be posted when the kit arrives within 4 to 6 weeks.
UPDATE: Kit arrived on 09/30/11.

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 1,644
Last edited:
Just joined!

I've been enjoying DRUMMERWORLD.COM for a few years now, but only just now registered. I'm think'n this will be a great source of info to learn from other drummers...am I right?

Re: Just joined!

Welcome! And yes, you'll get great, courteous, and constructive advice from everyone here. It has become an invaluable source for me as I learn the craft. Glad to have you aboard!

Happy Drumming!

Re: Just joined!

Welcome to the crew of almost 40,000 skin bangers. Have fun.

Newb..

Hello all.

My name is Aaron Durbin. I'm from a little spec on the map called Johnson City, Tn. Just recently purchased my first drum set and I'm already addicted/obsessed. Just wanted to say hello. I'm certainly looking forward to all that I can learn and discuss here. Thanks for having me.

Re: Newb..

Welcome! Tell us a little more about yourself - age, type of music and show us your kit when you have a chance.

Re: Newb..

Thanks!!

I'm 29 years old, I have been involved in music all my life. My mother was a singer, her brother a singer/guitar player, my grandfather was a music teacher by trade. I have been a vocalist for as long as I could talk, and I also play guitar. I just purchased a Gammon starter drum kit. I wanted to purchase something that I could play, but not invest too much money until I decided it was something that I wanted to dedicate myself too. I was impressed at how good this little cheap kit sounds. Don't get me wrong, they are not Pearls or Tamas, but after spending some time tuning them, they don't sound bad at all. The cymbals on the other hand are junk. They literally sound like banging on trash can lids. I will be ordering better ones very soon. I will try to get some pics of the set up soon. As far as musical interest goes, I enjoy all forms of music from classical, to bluegrass, to country, to rock and metal. Since ordering the drum set and poking around on the web, I'm really starting to like Jazz as well. Some of those drummers are amazing and make the hardest licks look like a walk in the park. If I had to pick one genre of music that I would call my favorite though, I would have to say rock/metal. (older metal, not the newer cookie monster vocals stuff)

How long have you been playing: around six years on a serious level... messed around with them for awhile before that
My top 3 drummers in order: Dale Crover, Will Scharf and Jesse Smith
Make of drumkit: I just built my own out of Keller shells, also have a SS Ludwig kit.Make of cymbal: Zildjian mostly, some wuhan chinas.
Where do you practice: my basement
Are you in a band: DeathCrawl
Do you play covers or originals: Originals.
What style of music: Doom, Sludge, Metal
What country do you live in: USA
How did you start drumming: couldn't find a drummer that I liked for a band I was starting, so I just decided to play them myself.

Real name? Kyle Eley Aligood

Age? 22

How long have you been playing? 11 years

Origin of user name? I'm a Scorpio (10/26/88)

Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Ringo Starr, Steve Gadd, Dave Grohl, Steve Jordan

Make of drumkit? Its a mutt. A beautiful, loud, tone-filled mutt but a mutt nonetheless.
Ludwig Acrolite Snare, Tama Rockstar Rack tom (13x9), First Act . floor tom (16x16 and it sounds incredible if you can believe it!)
Yamaha sFz marching bass drum (28x16 converted to regular
kick hardware.

Make of cymbal? Paiste and Zildjian

Where do you practice? The House
Are you in a band? Yep I sure am!! http://www.drewtillman.com/

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly Originals

What style of music? Americana Rock and Roll

Favourite take out food? PIZZA!!!!!
What country do you live in? The United States of America

One really odd fact about yourself? I play standup bass and sing in a Bluegrass band with . my father.

How did you start drumming? I found a pair of old sticks and started beating on tin cans. It's been a wonderful journey so far!

Greetings and Salutations

I am a Drumaholic. My addiction started in 1964 and continues to this day and on till the final curtain. I turn 63 next month and I have been with the same dance band since 2000 and our group has been playing at the same Smoke Free and Alcohol Free dance hall for 13 years.
I own two Yamaha drum kits: The main kit is an Oak Custom 6 piece with Zildjian A's and K's and twin hi-hats. My other kit is an 8 piece Power V Special with Power Toms but I split it up into 2 seperate kits...the Road Kit being a 4 piece and the practice kit being a 5 piece.
I sing a lot of our lead vocals as well as vocal harmonies, along with the bass player and the lead player and our pedal steel player.

Its a pleasure to be a part of this fine group of musicians.

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Welcome and congrats for continuing to play as you approach your golden years! I'm not far off either, and it's reassuring to know that I have several years left to play. :)

Lots of collectors and vintage appreciaters among the membership, you'll enjoy it here!

Bermuda

Back