Show off your TAMA !

That's right, I ordered a Gibraltar V Rack. After 2 and a half hours of assembly and part movement I have a GREAT setup!

PICT1183.jpg

PICT1181.jpg

PICT1174.jpg

PICT1180.jpg

PICT1172.jpg

Great looking kits everyone........i absolutely love tama hardware its so much nicer than most others out there. Well here are some pics of mine.

DSCN2157.jpg

DSCN2156.jpg

I just grabbed this up today. They should be here Friday. I will be selling off the cymbals but I can't wait to play these.

superstar3.jpg

So the kit showed up Friday.

I really was after the standard toms but at $350.00 I could not pass it up. I never saw a good pic of the snare before I got them. I actually assumed it was a standard Superstar snare. And that would have been just fine with me ;-).

So I open one of the boxes,is it full of popcorn so I stick my hand in and pull out the 12, looks ok, some scratches, very typical for these kits, and I am going to re-finish it anyway. Then I stick my hand back in and pull out the 13, about the same condition, so far so good. Then I reach all the way down to the bottom and pull out the snare. i about fell over. It is a 6 1/2 x 14 Rosewood! I could not believe it! These are not very common and for TAMA guys very desirable. I immediately tore it apart, cleaned everything up. Put it back together with new heads and the correct snare wires. OMG. It has the crack of a 5" with the power of a 6 1/2. I can't wait to get it to rehearsal this week and play it.
Heck, the snare alone was worth at least what i paid for the entire kit!
superstar4.jpg

Well this is My Tama

Swingstar with some Sabians

The only detail is that I cant find the sticker for the Front Head in any store

Attachments

• 2.1.JPG
    2.1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 4,640
  • 2.2.JPG
    2.2.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 4,687
So the kit showed up Friday.

I really was after the standard toms but at $350.00 I could not pass it up. I never saw a good pic of the snare before I got them. I actually assumed it was a standard Superstar snare. And that would have been just fine with me ;-).

So I open one of the boxes,is it full of popcorn so I stick my hand in and pull out the 12, looks ok, some scratches, very typical for these kits, and I am going to re-finish it anyway. Then I stick my hand back in and pull out the 13, about the same condition, so far so good. Then I reach all the way down to the bottom and pull out the snare. i about fell over. It is a 6 1/2 x 14 Rosewood! I could not believe it! These are not very common and for TAMA guys very desirable. I immediately tore it apart, cleaned everything up. Put it back together with new heads and the correct snare wires. OMG. It has the crack of a 5" with the power of a 6 1/2. I can't wait to get it to rehearsal this week and play it.
Heck, the snare alone was worth at least what i paid for the entire kit!
superstar4.jpg

OMFG !

That's what we call "THE DEAL" !

Congrats ! Wish I could find such bargain around :-(

I just grabbed this up today. They should be here Friday. I will be selling off the cymbals but I can't wait to play these.

superstar3.jpg

are those supes if so do you know what year ? i saw that the snare is rosewood what a deal congrats

Yes they are Supes, the year is 82or 83. the toms have built in tone controls / mufflers. the only years these were made as far as i can find 82 /83 .

I took them to rehearsal and they sound great

Well this is My Tama

Swingstar with some Sabians

The only detail is that I cant find the sticker for the Front Head in any store

Actually you could just get a Tama logo front bass head... It would definitely be easier than getting the sticker straight and whatnot. Try ebay if you cant purchase/ order one from a local music store

Getting stickers on straight is easy. Spray the head with windex / window cleaner. Leave it wet, put your sticker on, the windex will allow you to move around the sticker as much as you want as long as you keep it wet. Once you have it where you want it let it dry, wipe down th e head and your done.

Here is my baby...a classic

Tama Granstar II owned from new around from 1992 ish.
All Birch all awsome
Fusion sizes
Shell sizes are:
10x8
12x10
14x14
22x18

Snare is a Mapex Black Panther Birds Eye Maple 14x6.5

All Cymbals are Zildjian and Brilliant Finish

Hats are 14" K Mastersounds
Ride is a 20" K Custom
8" K Splash
10" A Splash
14" Z Splash
The rest are all A's:
2x16 Crash
18" Crash
18" China High

Dixon Rack, Twin Iron Cobra Pedals
As I said... awsome!!

Attachments

• ma-kit.jpg
    ma-kit.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 4,573
Yeah, gotta love the DC. If the Pic was taken a small bit to the right you'd see a Led Zeppelin Poster, too! :D

Hey I was at that Donnington AC/DC gig.
That was cool.
Shame I dint see led zep though!

Back