INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Mark

Age? 45

How long have you been playing? 30

Origin of user name? Previous Job.

Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Neil Peart, Dave Grohl, Matt Abts, Clyde Stubblefield

Make of drumkit? Pearl

Make of cymbal? Zildjian...

Where do you practice? Home Studio.

Are you in a band? Somewhat.

Do you play covers or originals? Both.

What style of music? Hard Rock, Funk, Jam Band.

Favorite take out food? Bud Light

What country do you live in? United States.

How did you start drumming? Asked for a Snoopy Drumset when I was a kid and got it for Christmas

Real name? Miguel

Age? 22

How long have you been playing? 1 year

Origin of user name? Dozer from Matrix, an old nickname i have from since i start using the freakin internet in like 2002.

Your top 5 drummers? John Bonham , Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Brad Wilk,

Make of drumkit? Gretsch

Make of cymbal? Zildjian

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? In the process getting into one.

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? hard rock

Favourite take out food? tasty food pref.

What country do you live in? Portugal

Hello everyone, I'm new, hope I'll have a good time in here! I'm from Argentina.

Real name? Andres
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? I played with a friend's drums in summers but I started to take classes like 3 months ago.
Origin of user name? Jimmy Chamberlin xD
Your top 5 drummers? I don't have a top 5 and I don't know much drummer as you probably know, but I'm gonna say Jimmy Chamberlin, Rick Jordan, Ringo Starr (simply but cool), Jorge Araujo, Gabriel Pedernera (argentines drummers, really like their style)
Where do you practice? My room
Are you in a band? Not now
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Rock, pop, and I'm introducing myself into jazz
What country do you live in? Argentina
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming? I was in a band with friends and they didn't have a drummer so I switched from guitar to drums.

Real name? Harman Shera

Age? 23

How long have you been playing? On and Off for about 4 years.

Origin of user name? My own name!

Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Steve Gadd, Benny Greb

Where do you practice? My room

Make of drumkit? Alesis DM6

Make of cymbal? Vic Firth

What style of music? Rock, pop, and I'm introducing myself into jazz

What country do you live in? India

One really odd fact about yourself? I can solve the rubik's cube in under 3 minutes, if thats considered odd at all.

How did you start drumming? A friend forced me to take a lesson. Never looked back since. And never took a lesson since either!.

6421ac8d49324f519df4a34d9719f441_zps49a72c3a.jpg
Real name? Patrick Dudgeon

Age? 32

How long have you been playing? 12 years, on and off

Origin of user name? Patrick. And I'm a sound guy.

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Danny Carey, Josh Freese, Chad Smith, JP Gaster(clutch), Gene Hoglan.

Make of drumkit? Yamaha oak custom

Make of cymbal? Looking at replacing my setup with Soultones, started with a 22" Custom Brilliant, it's amazing.

Where do you practice? Work, it's an audio warehouse!

Are you in a band? Yessir. Orchard

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals, one cover.

What style of music? Progternative.

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? South Africa

One really odd fact about yourself? I've lost 20kg in the last 6 months.

How did you start drumming? A buddy and I started in a Scottish pipe band, we both lost interest but moved on to drumset.

Last edited:
Real name? Karl Kleinebreil
Age? 37
How long have you been playing? 30yrs
Origin of user name? see name - self explanitory
Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd, Horatio Hernandez, Mike Mangini, Elvin Jones. I could probably swap some others into that top 5 list, but Buddy Rich would have to stay at #1.
Where do you practice? My home drum studio.
What style of music? Jazz, Rock, Latin, Marching, others.
What country do you live in? United States (AZ)
One really odd fact about yourself? I grew up in a log cabin.
How did you start drumming? My dad had a drumset in the house but I wasn't very interested. It ended up in the attic. Then one day I was watching "The Muppet Show" and saw Animal and Buddy Rich's drum battle. I decided that was what I wanted to do.

Hey guys! I've been lurking for a while, picking up ideas from the technique part of the forum. Decided that it's time to register and start using the forum a bit!

My name is Ási Þórðarson and I'm a 24 year old drummer. I've been playing drums for the past seven years but before that I was a classical guitarist and a clarinet player.

I play Gretsch drums, using a Afrigan Mahogany renown series kit

24x14
13x9
16x16

I use a bunch of different kinds of cymbals but currently really like Dark Matter series from Dream, the HHX series from Sabian and the K series from Zildjian.

I live in Iceland although for the summer I live in Berlin doing a festival tour with FM Belfast where I play a standing percussion set-up. I also play with MUCK which is a real thrashy noise punk band.

I do some session work from time to time as well.

Glad to be here! Here are some nice pictures of my current set-up for the summer and my drums.

Attachments

• fmbelfast1.jpg
    fmbelfast1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 329
  • fmbelfast2.jpg
    fmbelfast2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 312
  • fmbelfast3.jpg
    fmbelfast3.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 308
  • asi.jpg
    asi.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 321
Hi all!
My name's Dario and I'm 16. I started playing an instrument when I was only 8 or 9 in a small orchestra in my city but I played only percussion like tambourine, bongos...
Now I'm able to play the drum discreetly because since 2 years ago I've been having private lessons from a neighbour.
I live in a city near Genoa, in Italy and thats why my English isn't very good, I hope you're gonna be patient :)!
I usually play in my bedroom where there is my digital drum (XDrum dd 402). Unfortunately I live in a flat so I can't make a lot of noise...
When I play drum I always use my sd10 swinger sticks (Vic firth), the best ones I ever tried!
My favorite drummer is Chad Smith.
I play in a cover band with some friends and we are looking for a place, like a pub, where we could play together.
Buongiornio a tutti dall'Italia!

Hi all,

I'm ChrisB, 43 years old from Sweden.
Currently I play Tama drums, Zildjian A Custom and Sabian HHX cymbals.
I've been playing for 23 years now, late starter I guess.
Around 10 years ago I basically stopped playing, especially gigging. Was tired of bullshit and idiots. Started fiddling w electronic drums and recording, doing some crappy songs etc. Played now and then w friends until around 2011 when I started playing some more serious stuff again.
Now I mostly play modern jazz & fusion.

Hello Drummers! I am Bonnie @ Anderson int'l. , west coast and Kellers largest dist of Keller shells! Birch & Maple, Vintage Mahogany Vintage Poplar, 5-6-8-10ply shells and not to mention new MAGNUM shells, yes we stock them all! one shell is the minuim order yes 1! Buy 6 or mix or match shells and get a 15% discount! Questions on shells .... bring it on we can help! I am in Anaheim, CA been with anderson for over 24 years now and know what the custom or garage custom drum builders are looking for in drum shells. I do not drum :( but have alot customers and friends that teach me well!

Hi Drummerworld!!!

I´m Gregor, 25 years old, born in Berlin (Germany) but currently living in Hildesheim (a very small town in germany) to study music (i wanna become an primary school teacher)...I´ve been playing drums since 1999...started in punk bands and since then played mostly rock, blues, pop, reaggae and funk music in bands...but im beginning to work on some Jazz at the moment ;D

I just started a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thegigantopolis

There are more videos to come and i would really appreciate it to get some feedback on my playing!

Thanks everybody, keep on drumming!!!

Hey DW! I am 32, from the Saint Louis area and been a drummer for 27 years. I have recently just got back into playing my kit after a long break. And good lord... the changes that have happened in the drummer's world. :) All of the new kits, cymbals, brands, etc... it was a bit overwhelming at first.

Hoping to make new friends here and learn a lot as well. :)

Hey DW! I am 32, from the Saint Louis area and been a drummer for 27 years. I have recently just got back into playing my kit after a long break. And good lord... the changes that have happened in the drummer's world. :) All of the new kits, cymbals, brands, etc... it was a bit overwhelming at first.

Hoping to make new friends here and learn a lot as well. :)

Welcome!

The important thing to know is that the act of drumming and what you do to make it happen, and what's expected of the drummer, etc.,....none of that has changed. It's amazing how the marketing of new drumming products makes us question how we do this drumming thing. The job has basically remained unchanged since before you were born ;)

So you've been playing since you were five, eh? Me too!

Welcome!

The important thing to know is that the act of drumming and what you do to make it happen, and what's expected of the drummer, etc.,....none of that has changed. It's amazing how the marketing of new drumming products makes us question how we do this drumming thing. The job has basically remained unchanged since before you were born ;)

So you've been playing since you were five, eh? Me too!

Yep, since I was 5. I don't remember what life was like before I began playing. :) I am a member of another chat board, but heard this one would maybe fit me a bit better. So, I'm glad to be here. :)

Yep, since I was 5. I don't remember what life was like before I began playing. :) I am a member of another chat board, but heard this one would maybe fit me a bit better. So, I'm glad to be here. :)

Plenty of really good people here, and just about no drama. And when drama develops we start making fun of it ;)

I like it here.

Hi everyone!

My name is Chase, seventeen years old and have been playing drums for six of them. I currently play a peavey 500 series, with a PDP Concepts snare. When it comes to cymbals, I'm a Meinl child, and a massive beliver in the Byzance line. I mostly play worship music, but will also play rock, indie, pop, or whatever else comes to mind.

Welcome new people.

I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do. Well at least as much as most of us do. ;-) There is certainly a lot of great information here and a lot of opinions.

What's happening guys!

My name is Skip, early 30's drummer out in northern Virginia. Been playing for a lil over 20 years off an on. Currently rocking an oversized early 90's Pearl Export (24/14/18/14s) and Sabian APX cymbals (15/24/20/20). Mainly into playing metal, more specifically Doom / Stoner / Sludge as well as more ambient and spiritual stuff as well. I'm also an avid guitar and bass player and hang out on other forums, I just decided to get back in to drums after a three year hiatus so I'm excited to get in and chat!

Back