Ludwig Fan Club

• Thread starter Jusstickinaround
  • Start date
Here is my favorite kit, with 26" kick (woofer on the wall behind!) and Epic snare drum.

Attachments

• daddydrum 008.jpg
    daddydrum 008.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13,051
  • daddydrum 007.jpg
    daddydrum 007.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 13,061
My relatively new (Oct. '08) set of Ludwig classic maple in WMP, one up/two down; 12/14/16/22

Attachments

• My kit, front view.jpg
    My kit, front view.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 13,585
  • snares resampled.jpg
    snares resampled.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 12,547
  • resampled from behind.jpg
    resampled from behind.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 12,482
Last edited:
wow you gotsome sexy ludwigs this is mine hehe...

teba_by_Cnewaz.jpg

22_by_Cnewaz.jpg

23_by_Cnewaz.jpg

Does a Ludwig/Blaemire count?

Orange mod wrap over 1/8" fiberglass.

Attachments

• orange kit.jpg
    orange kit.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 12,085
  • orange kick.jpg
    orange kick.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 12,202
Tmardrummer that is a great looking kit are those new? They look vintage. maybe a re wrap? Love 26" Bass drums. I wanna join the Ludwig Fan Club here's mine

Attachments

• Fabe's Drums012.jpg
    Fabe's Drums012.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 27,877
There's some really awesome kits in this thread, keep them coming. Here's my 2008 Classic Maple, in natural finish. Had it about 6 months now.

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

Here's a silver sparkle Ludwig kit from 1966 I use to own, 9x13,14x14,14x22, and a newer 6.5 x14 Classic Maple snare in a blue finish that I still own.
0918082142aedited.jpg

Since I mentioned these at the beginning of this thread I might as well add some after shots of my 1971 Blue Oyster Pearl's (12,13,16,22)

356494891.jpg

356494912.jpg

LVDC

Thanks Greg! It was one of toughest projects I've done, well, the toughest on my Parts Stash that is. I knew it was rough when I picked it up but also knew that the wrap was in like almost new condition so I had a good base to work with, which is everything.......

My wife's least favorite colour is Blue so when we talk about this set with each other it's known as the "Ugly Kit." Personally it's not my favorite but I dig that it is different than most Kits out there and after all the time I have into it this Outfit & I have become one, so it's now part of the Family.................

Take care my Ludwig friend!!
LVDC

My '68 Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle. Not the best photo, taken at a rehearsal this past summer. I've owned 'em since '72 or '73, and they're the only set I've owned until a recent purchase of an electronic set to use for rehearsing.

Lyle

Attachments

• hollywood_68.jpg
    hollywood_68.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 11,742
  • hollywood_68_2.jpg
    hollywood_68_2.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 11,639
Nice Lyle, very nice! I always like to see those 1968 Kits that still have their original Cast Logo Double Tom Post, which were only offered for a short time.
I also like to see Kits that still have their original color and are not faded out, harder & harder to find as time passes...............

Thanks for posting it and welcome to Drummer World!!

LVDC

Thanks much. I'm quite proud of them. After a bit of a layoff from performing, I've gotten back in public with them (never stopped playing them, just wasn't gigging). Only recently through an online forum or two have I learned some of the uniqueness of the set I have. The Burgundy Sparkles were dropped by Ludwig a year or so after these were built, so the color is a little extra 'desirable'. For whatever reason, even tho there were fewer four piece sets made than three piece, the four piece set doesn't seem to be as desirable as the three piece in that color.

These are all '68 drums, all but one was delivered with a clear interior. The 12" tom had a white interior. They were put together as a set right at the time Ludwig was stopping the white interiors. If they needed a 12" tom that had a white interior to complete a set where all the rest were clear, then it was used, not a problem. This past summer I finally got around to have the interior stripped by a drum rebuilder. I did lose the date code as a result, but the serial # shows it's genuineness. In the photo in the first post of these, the 12" looks different, but that was due to camera angle and lighting. In person its very well matched to it's mates.

I played the 70s and a lot of the 80s with no reso' heads for the typical 70s dry sound. The single painted interior always seemed odd, but only last year did I decide to finally make it match. Attached are some before images. In the one image with resos, I have no recollection as to why the reso's have been battered, I probably exchanged heads. That was a Valentine's Day dance ('74?) . I was still in high school, probably couldn't afford heads all the way around, so I recycled. Way before recycling was the 'in' thing to do!! LOL

Again, thx for the compliments
Lyle

Attachments

• fd9b.jpg
    fd9b.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 11,538
Hello!!!! I figured this would be the best place to ask this question, being that its a ludwig thread. Whats are the best heads for a classic maple 26in kick? I was thinking that an ambassador smooth white or evans emads would be best but i wanted the opinions of those with more experience.

ASuperSpaceNinja If your looking for that classic 26" Bonham type sound. The Recipe is a coated Emperor on the batter side. And a smooth or coated Ambassador on the reso side. Don't forget the felt strips. This head combo comes straight from Jeff Ocheltree Bonhams drum tech from the 70's

This might hinge on one of the dumber questions you've fielded but .....

Would you straight up swap a mid 70's clear Vistalite (24, 16, 15, 13) for a 71 three ply natural (14, 15, 16, 18, 24) ?

This seems too good to be true but someone has offered me this trade.

I think the condition of each kit would be the determining factor. If your vistalite is in much better shape than the 3 ply then who's doing better on the deal?

Here's my latest addition to the Ludwig Fan Club. 1978 Stainless Steel Big Beat KIt with the optional 24" Bass Drum

Attachments

• Fabe's Drums 016.jpg
    Fabe's Drums 016.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 12,560
Back