Our 'Other' Drums

Here's my cajon made by a german company in Schlagwerk! I got it two years ago and it has the best bass tone I've ever heard from any cajon. Meinl foot clave on it's right side.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 3,919
Found this for a buck in the recycle store today. My wife and I dropped some recycling off and we took a quick look around in the store just to pass some time. I saw this cool little kidz drum and thought it would be fun to add it to the kit at Christmas - it lights up! The four little lights blink in a circle sequence pattern via two dbl A batteries. For a BUCK why not.

It's a Sears Castle Toy Kidz Beats Lightup Marching Drum - about $22 new. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Too bad it's not a Round Badge....

Attachments

• KIDZ BEATS1 (Custom).JPG
    KIDZ BEATS1 (Custom).JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,724
Remo Djembe, Gon Bop Cajon with DW Remote Pedal, and Remo Mondo Drum set up at work. I think some people might appreciate it...

2h3czmh.jpg

jrrw2s.jpg

My Other Rig

This was from a few years ago. Its got a little more insane since this was shot.

Cajon is at the heart of my other rig. Then I build around it with ankle bells, foot tambourine, all manner of shaker, block, bell, shekere, congas, bongos, cymbals, rain sticks, chimes, and some home made / modified stuff for that extra sum'n sum'n.

-K

Ken-at-Ivar.jpg

Not my Gretsch Renown set.

Attachments

• CIMG0735.JPG
    CIMG0735.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 3,521
hi guys
this is my kit. i use all cheap stuff, because my drumming started out as just playing around, and all my cash goes into guitar stuff.

picture hosting
so: DIY schlagwerk cajon, 12" schalloch djembe, meinl headliner bongos, sonor stands, 20" roll(?) ride with chain, 16" millenium crash, what i think is a paiste 2002 14" top hat with chain, paiste 101 10" splash with chain, homemade 6"(?)bell, 4" wooden saw blade(i know, right?), lp aspire chimes, sonor woodblock, millenium cowbell, millenium and gewa tambourines, egg shakers, tiny xylophone.

picture hosting

pic hosting

free image hosting
and i play funk , soul and reggae covers on this kit.
looking forward to your thoughts on this

Last edited:
001-1_zpsd94a09a2.jpg

Left to right: Meinl Headliner cajon; Alesis SR-16 drum machine (used mainly as a metronome); claves bought in TJ; CB700 tambourine; set of 6" - 8" - 10" roto-toms.

My revamped and updated Buffalo Kit - Made entirely from Remo Buffalo Drums!

The tiny shell by the hi-hat is an 8" snare; there are 8", 10" 12" and 14" toms as well. The bass is a 22" Buffalo drum. All the shells are 3.5" deep. All the toms and snare are bolted together using the pre-existing holes in the shells.

Check it out at my blog - Crazy Drum Kits!

Attachments

• buffalo_kit.jpg
    buffalo_kit.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,397
Hi!
Just want to share my 2 DIY Hang Drum pics! after 1 weeks Grinding,Sanding,Drilling,Cutting/tunning..finally my 1st Hang Drum Project done!(The second one got better/clearn Cutting)

Peter - Fitz here. Can you shoot a video so we can hear how they sound? Thanks!!

Hi!
Just want to share my 2 DIY Hang Drum pics! after 1 weeks Grinding,Sanding,Drilling,Cutting/tunning..finally my 1st Hang Drum Project done!(The second one got better/clearn Cutting)

Peter - I recently built a hand drum with a snare on one side and bass on the other - I will take pictures and post them soon. Working on a new cocktail kit. I'll post pics of that when I have some time.
Hi,Fitz!
Good to hear from you again.Building any new drum? ok! here's the short demo of my DIY hang-drum!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203588157442867&set=vb.1183428258&type=2&theater

all together i made about 6pcs, so that when friends/musician who come to my house.their can try out!

wonder1, that setup looks like a ton of fun to play.
That's the first time I've ever seen a cocktail kit configuration where the kick pedal is hitting a batter head rather than a res head. Interesting.

This set here is pretty simple but it's a lot of fun.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0770.jpg
    rsz_img_0770.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 915
wonder1, that setup looks like a ton of fun to play.
That's the first time I've ever seen a cocktail kit configuration where the kick pedal is hitting a batter head rather than a res head. Interesting.

This set here is pretty simple but it's a lot of fun.
Very Cool setting of your drum-kit.

Back