XeroTalent's Home Studio Build Thread

How much sound isolation did you achieve. I didn't see any of the usual sound isolating procedures (double dry wall, green goo, isolating studs). I have a basement very similar to yours and am considering doing a similar project, but I am really interested in killing as much noise as possible. Maybe a room within a room type thing.

How much sound isolation did you achieve. I didn't see any of the usual sound isolating procedures (double dry wall, green goo, isolating studs). I have a basement very similar to yours and am considering doing a similar project, but I am really interested in killing as much noise as possible. Maybe a room within a room type thing.

I have a double layer of Rockwool acoustic insulation in the ceiling. The partition walls have a single layer of Rockwool and double drywall on the inside of the studio. I've also packed Rockwool around all the ducts as that tends to carry sound around the entire house.

I asked my wife on a scale of 0-10 in terms of loudness, before and after.

Before I did the studio, it was at an 9 upstairs. Now she said it's a 3 or 4. Significant difference :)

What an awesome practice space- cool, functional and classy (hope all that red doesn't inspire any angry drumming though)!

Did some recording over the weekend, super happy :)

whidfr.jpg

Back