Your Wisdom Woodshed

Here is my practice room
this is from the outside of the room, my private bathroom and inside the room

Attachments

• P1030897.JPG
    P1030897.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 4,649
Last edited:
The post about stu's woodshed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It can be really hard to get humor across in writing, but that was great:)

I use my kit to practise on, but i do have a drumpad for the really nerdy stuff;)
I'm also currently considering getting one of those small 6" rubbery pad's so i can have have it with me wherever i go - Now i just drum on the sole (or soul) of my shoe if i cant find anything else to beat - Do you want to see a picture of my shoes, lol?

I only have an e-kit right now. I practice on acoustic sets out of the house at friends place or I rent space occasionally ($15/hour including the kit!). I normally run the e-kit into a guitarport, set to "No Amp" and play along with MP3s stored on the PC using the guitar port. It has looping built right in so I can loop pieces of tunes to get through them correctly, and can also play them at half speed for learning. I play this thing at all hours of the night through headphones.. great for practice.

The TV is for watching drum DVDs and for the kids Xbox. My beloved LP is also in the pics. I love her. That classical guitar is a little $100 cheap plywood thing that is my "beater", that amazingly holds it's tune for weeks on end and sounds pretty good.

Here's my world:

woodshed001.jpg

woodshed002.jpg

woodshed003.jpg

woodshed004.jpg

woodshed005.jpg

James E, where did you get that Vic Firth rudiments poster? I would like one for my room.

A friend of mine got it for me, from his drum teacher who is sort of endorsed by Vic Firth or something. It also comes with the Mark Wessels "A Fresh Approach to the Snare Drum" package from Vic Firth. I have that one and the poster is still in the book.

Harakirie said:
heres my not gigging kit , i play it when the drums get loud for like 10 ò clock at night !
pict01087ht.jpg

pict01092et.jpg

LOL! Yepp im hitting my trashcan with a pedal and use it as my bassdrum ! But hey it works and even gives you a bassy sound!
pict01103mq.jpg

I dig the Billy Gladstone pad, I still have mine from forth grade. I am now 39 years old you do the math! I still use it, it's still a great practise pad.

Where I come up with my ideas

DSCF2601.jpg

where i actually use my ideas

DSCF2608.jpg

(thats a lil outdated pic, I now got a 21" Paiste Sig silver mellow ride and new texture coated heads)

James_E said:
I only have an e-kit right now. I practice on acoustic sets out of the house at friends place or I rent space occasionally ($15/hour including the kit!). I normally run the e-kit into a guitarport, set to "No Amp" and play along with MP3s stored on the PC using the guitar port. It has looping built right in so I can loop pieces of tunes to get through them correctly, and can also play them at half speed for learning. I play this thing at all hours of the night through headphones.. great for practice.

The TV is for watching drum DVDs and for the kids Xbox. My beloved LP is also in the pics. I love her. That classical guitar is a little $100 cheap plywood thing that is my "beater", that amazingly holds it's tune for weeks on end and sounds pretty good.

Here's my world:

woodshed001.jpg

woodshed002.jpg

woodshed003.jpg

woodshed004.jpg

woodshed005.jpg

I liked the Groove Essentials poster.I have mine on the wall too ;p

Hey guys, here is my practice area. My sister and her boyfriend are always downstairs where my kit is set up, so i had to work around that. I really want to get one of the Vic Firth Rudiment posters, does anyone know where i can get that? Otherwise i might have to copy them all down from the site. Which i cant wait to do.

Practice Area
WisdomWoodshed.jpg

f6fe8050.jpg
Ola everyone here is my woodshed ! A 2 and 1/2 car garage converted into my studio/rehearsal/jam room.Above is the main room,below the control room.
2cdd5d7b.jpg
Also some of my reference materials.
6ffdd802.jpg
Works very well for drum practice, band rehearsal,or recording:eek:)

here is a DW practice set.

Sometimes I put up the 12" snare from my Yamaha Hip Gig Jr.

I use rutes on the cymbals and a stick in the left hand so I can hear the pads and the cymbals somewhat balanced but I'm going to get the HQ cymbal silencers so I can use regular sticks.

Those are Matador bongos behind the music stand.

When I see photos of drumsets in corners of house or apartment rooms I think "Wow, that must really be loud".

Attachments

• dw practice.jpg
    dw practice.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 4,239
Last edited:
Bonzo91 said:
My room is very small i seriosly think im going deff!

Dude thats pretty much whats happening to me and i play in a metal band so even worse.... im getting EAR PROTECTION ASAP

so practice spaces. our garage is over 200 years old hence the broken plaster and junk everywhere but i wouldn't swap it for the world. the walls are 2 FEET THICK!

my kit's a bit of a hybrid. pearl target+ tama starclassic+ sonor, pearl and tama hardware+zildjian and sabian cymbals....?

77662492a1323225107b188386287l.jpg

well now i know the pearl bass drum's backwards but i was dismantling the kit when i remembered to take a pic
this was in one of the sheds on our farm where we had a big gang of people over for my sisters 21'st, long story, in the end gig still kicked ass

77662492a1325391051b214656990l.jpg

this is our practice space its been cleared out since this pic, but it had a really good atmosphere when it was like this

77662492a1323224558b908906256l.jpg

had to post this one. its just really random to see the kit on the farm (stage we built ourselves) and our fields stretching back for miles!!

(before somebody says it i jus wanna make this clear........
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH DUCT TAPE!!!!)

Back