Greetings!

My name is Rick Vandeven. I live in a little town about 100 miles south of St. Louis, MO called Chaffee. I am married with three daughters, a dog, and a 30 year fixed mortgage.

I have been playing drums for over 25 years. I am a rock drummer, nothing more or less. My style is solid and no frills since I emulate my favorite drummers: Ringo, Charlie Watts, Bun E Carlos, Max Weinberg. ..

Most of the bands I have played in over the years have been of the punk / alt scene. I am now playing in an alt country band, and also dabble in guitar and cajon.

My equipment is a late 70's era Ludwig in 13/18/24. My snare is a '69 Acrolite with an early 60's Rogers Luxor as a spare. Zildjian Med A crashes in 18" and 19". 50's era Zildjian A heavy 22" ride. 14" K/Z hi hats. All Ludwig hardware and Aquarian heads.

I am looking forward to participating in the forums. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to DW Rick! We've got a great variety of drummers here. You'll fit right in, and I can already tell you have a lot in common with many of us.

Welcome. There are a lot of cool people here, as well as videos and instructions. Glad you're here.

Back