Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hi there

Yeah your lucky to start at a young age. Niether of my parents never played an instrument and I actually started off with trumpet but then I was miserable so I switched.

Re: hi new here!

Welcome, that's a cool picture in your avatar you have there, where does it come from ?

Re: hi new here!

Welcome I'm pretty new here too.

Re: Introduce Yourself

real name-Bob Gillian
age?-17
how long you been playing?-7 years
origin of username?-its a Donovan song
top 5 drummers?-Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell, John Densmore, Spencer Dryden, Bill Ward
drumkit?-Ludwig
cymbal?-Zildjian
where do you practice?-my room
are you in a band?-somewhat
covers or originals?-originals
style of music?-anything we come up with
favorite take out food?-pizza
country?-USA
how did you start drumming?-I joined the school band in sixth grade played percussion ever since
one really odd fact?-all the bottom heads are broken on my drums

How long have I been playing?: 7 years
Top 5 Drumers: Colaiuta, Blackwell, Townsley, Greb, Jens Stoklund Jensen
Drumkit:pearl Export ELX, 12"T 13"T 16"F 14"S 22"B
Cymbals: Meinl Amun 14" Hats, 16" Crash and 20" Paiste Alpha Dry Ride
Where do I practice: At home
Am I in a band: Yeah check out http://thesorebits.mymusic.dk
Style of music: I wide taste ranging from Slipknot to Slow Jazz ballads and all the things in between except mainstream pop. B
Band style: a sort of garage rock
Favorite take away food: Pizza
How did I start playing the drums: When I was eight my father gave me a pair of drumsticks and so I began hitting library books and furniture so eventually he gave me a set of real drums. I started taking lessons at the age of 10...
Odd Fact: When not looked upon I still poke my nose :p ...

how long been playing: since I was strong enough to hit mom's pots & pans with wooden spoons
origin of user name: I'm very brand-loyal when I find something I like... my drums are Yamahas & so are 4 of my 5 motorcycles. I have so much fun with my Yamahas, that when I applied for my license plate, I thought of combining the brand-name and laughter: YAHAHA was born.
top 5 drummers: Bozzio, Bonham (John), Bissonnette... Oh, Animal always cracked me up... remember Animal vs. Buddy Rich on the Muppet Show? Ha ha ha!
make of drumkit: Yamaha RTC w/ turbo size toms=cannons!
make of cymbal: Zildian Platinums with Paiste 15" colorsound hi-hats seperated and used as ride/crash cymbals.
where do you practice: home or bandmates homes
are you in a band/s: I play in a concert band as well as rock bands
covers or originals: both
what style of music
Concert band= marches, classical, contemporary
Rock Band= classic rock, hard rock, funk
favourite take out food: pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: One day I asked my mom, "when the people make songs, how do they know what [notes] to play when?"
how did you start drumming: When I was 2, I would drag out all my mom's pots & pans and hit them with her different cooking utensils. I started concert band in 5th grade and learned about music notes. I got my first "real" drumset @ 13 and spent hours everyday trying to figure out how to play KISS songs on the set. Once I figured out the whole 1&3 / 2&4 thing, it was easy! Mom would sit on my bed and listen as I played for hours. God bless her.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how long been playing: since I was strong enough to hit mom's pots & pans with wooden spoons
origin of user name: I'm very brand-loyal when I find something I like... my drums are Yamahas & so are 4 of my 5 motorcycles. I have so much fun with my Yamahas, that when I applied for my license plate, I thought of combining the brand-name and laughter: YAHAHA was born.
top 5 drummers: Bozzio, Bonham (John), Bissonnette... Oh, Animal always cracked me up... remember Animal vs. Buddy Rich on the Muppet Show? Ha ha ha!

Oh ya I remember, I got this little guy in my drum room.

Welcome to the site

Attachments

• animal.jpg
    animal.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,246

how long been playing: almost 20 years
origin of user name:. I’m actually a meteorologist and used to play Remo Weatherking heads on my old Tama set. The two just go hand in hand.
top 5 drummers: Peart, Phil Collins, Gadd, Katche, Weckl…Blotzer (RATT) and Pyle (Skynyrd) were big influences too among many, many others.
make of drumkit: (now) Roland TD-8 electric kit—mostly the TD-7 toms and cymbals with PD-80 for the snare and KD-80 for the kick. My surroundings dictated a switch over to electric when I was living in military dorms and apartments…I worked overnight shifts and during my days off (or nights in my case), I could play with headphones and not wake a soul. I still have my old Tama Swingstar set (white), with Sabian cymbals. Now that I have a house and space, I may incorporate the pads with the acoustic set.
make of cymbal: Sabian
where do you practice: Basement
are you in a band/s: No
covers or originals: none
what style of music: Classic rock, hard rock, pop, funk.
favourite take out food: Hooters hotwings!
one really odd fact about yourself: Pet peeve: Ceran Wrap--that stuff is impossible to tear!
how did you start drumming: A junior high band played in the auditorium and it was the first time I saw a drumkit up close. I was enamored by the glimmer and sheer beauty of the cherry red Tama Imperial Star kit. I’ve been hooked ever since and drumming has truly been my passion. My drumming has improved with the help of Drummerworld and all the video clips. I taught myself to play and grew up listening to Skynyrd, Ratt (yes, a metal head at one point), then to my favorite…RUSH!

Last edited:

how long a drummer:12yrs
user name: name of my work/live loftspace
top 5 drummers: the dude from necrophagist,gabe from the locust, drummer of orchid/ampere,............lets throw some old drummers in...miych mitchell,john bodham<the latter whom im becoming to appreciate alot more as i get older along with zepplin>
drumkit: vistalite tom and bass, pearl piccolo snare,axis pedal, zil ride 20",scimitar hihats
where do i practice:me and my roomates ripped out an old,non functioning 8 stall bathroom,grosses thing ever, turned it into a jam space
are you in a band:yes, has no name yet and im rerecording a previous band called throne of blood
style of music:throne of blood is metal/grind, the other one is doom metal/sludge
no covers
favorite takeout: general tzos chicken
how did i start drumming: got lessons from a berklee grad learning jazz and bluesy jam rock type stuff i was into during junior high school, then my interest turned towards hardcore and metal a bit later on

cool someone knowing "the dude from necrophagist", he is called Hannes Großmann and is with thomas haake the best metal drummer ever I think

real name? Clayton Bozard
age? 24
how long been playing? 14 years
origin of user name? First initial of first name and last name
top 5 drummers? Jimmy Chamberlin, Dave Weckl, Thomas Lang, JoJo Mayer, John Blackwell
make of drumkit? DW Collectors
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? In a spare bedroom
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Alternative/pop/rock
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Hmmm... i dunno..?
how did you start drumming? I started drumming when I saw a drummer play in a band my father was a member of. My father was a drummer when he was younger so I guess it was in my blood.

Hi, my real name is Sylvain, basicaly french speaking from Montreal Canada
My drums are Pearl BLX and Mapex por M
Cymbals are Sabian
Age 40, play since 16

Attachments

• sly_live.jpg
    sly_live.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,262
timpanigrip23

hello guys, how is everyone? i'm timpanigrip and i've been drumming for twelve years. I love all drumming stlyes, but i mostly like modern rock and jazz. i'm just looking for some new friends and fellow drummers to learn some things from. oh yeah by the way call me zeek. i'm from Atlanta Georgia but recently moved to warner robins georgia. i am looking for musicians and bands with all with everything i've got. can somebody please give me some leads

Last edited:
Real name? Matthew Lee
Age? 17
How long been playing? 2 Years
Origin of user name? It's the side of the boat I like to sit on
Top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Steve Gadd, Mike Portnoy, John Bonham, Chad Smith
Make of drumkit? Taye
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? My room
Are you in a band/s? A psychadelic fusion band called "The Cnidarian Experiment"
Covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? See above
Favourite take out food? Burger King
Country? U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself? I am absolutely OCD about the sound of my snare drum.
How did you start drumming? Took snare drum lessons in order to play in the symphonic band in highschool. Furthered my drumming to an entire kit.

Real name? Samuel Martins
Age? 25
How long been playing? 11 Years
Origin of user name? well, i think it's obvious...
Top 5 drummers? Igor Cavalera (Sepultura), Dennis Chambers, Jimmy Chamberlin Smashing Pumpkins), Chris Lee (Downset), Clive Deamer (Portishead)
Make of drumkit? Tama is what I had, CB is what I have, Sonor is what I'll have next and DW is what I dream having...
Make of cymbal? Zildjian/Paiste
Where do you practice? Studio
Are you in a band/s? Yep: UMProject
Covers or originals? Originals and Covers
What style of music? Trip hop/pop
Favourite take out food? Pizza Hut
Country? Portugal
One really odd fact about yourself? I think playing triphop is odd by itself...
How did you start drumming? Hardcore band in highschool, Downset rythms were my starting point.

How long been playing? 15 Years on and off.
Origin of user name: A few pints at the local boozer!
Top 5 drummers: Colaiuta, Beauford, Smith (Chad), Husband, Trebbett.
Make of drumkit: At present, Sonor Delite. In two months, DW Collectors!
Make of cymbal: Zildjian period.
Where do you practice? At home or with band.
Are you in a band/s? Yes, one called New Fiction.
Covers or originals? Covers with light smattering of originals.
Style of music: Rocky-Poppy-Funky!
Favourite take out food: Pizza
How did you start drumming? Pots and pans, Muppets drumkit with paper heads!

Professional Drummer

All styles, '' Hip Bop" Funk, Fusion, Straight-Ahead, Contemporary, and Latin Jazz are most prefered. Available for work; Studio, Live, Clinics, Work-shops, auditions, any and every situation which nurtures my craft and allows me the opportunity to grow and the pleasure of learning from so many talented musicians. ThankYou "Guys". Give a Shout Peace! cellee (718) 350-5348- hm(718) 297-9422 Jamaica "Funk " N.Y.

Attachments

• stagekit 4.jpg
    stagekit 4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:

Hi,

My name is Andrew Hewitt, I noticed my name in the wishlist quite a while ago, but Ive been too busy to come into the forum and say Hi.

Im a 35yo drummer based in Sydney, Australia who despite being born with Cerebral Palsy has managed to clock up over 15 years professional experience as a performing artist, clinician and drum teacher.

My CP mainly affects movement in my arms and legs, parts of the brain to tell certain parts to work properly doesnt respond as it should.

My parents bought me a drum kit in 1980 thinking it would be a good form of physical excercise for me, they would have never guessed that I would be doing what I am doing today.

Biggest thing for me was to be included in Modern Drummer's On The Move section in April 2004's issue, then having an update written in MD's news section in June this year.

Its been a long hard battle trying to overcome certain physical issues. Im using an acoustic kit with triggers running through a Roland TD-8 Module.

Best gig I played last year was at the Sydney Opera House in front of 450 people. Was a real buzz.. the room had a really cool vibe to it, on stage all you could see was a sea of people.

If anyone wants to hear my playing, check out Long Way to the Top (AC/DC)

Anyway if you get a chance, check out my website: http://www.drummerstix.com.au

Cheers,

Andy

New to forum

Howdy folks. I've been checking out to see if there are other drum forums on the internet. So far, this is the second one I've found. Hope to find out what's going on with some of you drummers on the forum. Actually, drums were not my first love as far as instruments go. I originally was fascinated by the guitar when I was young, and then I went over to a friend's house that I went to high school with and found out he played drums. I messed around with his set off and on, but went on to pursue the guitar. I also had a love for the bass guitar, and played it in many many bands, as well as six string guitar. I played drums a few times briefly with a few bands, but never for a long period of time. For the past 7 or 8 years, I've mainly been playing drums in my recording studio, but have recently joined a band as a drummer. I've always enjoyed playing drums and I'm happy that I'm finally playing drums full time now. Happy drumming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back