Show Me Your "Monster" Kits! (let's say... 7 piece and up)

Here's my Yammies

DSCN0027.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

I've since added a DW collectors 5x14 snare and 9000 pedal.

I've scaled it back since this pic to a 6 piece

Here is my kit. Pearl MMX in Piano Black finish.

Attachments

• Misc Pictures 021.jpg
    Misc Pictures 021.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 16,320
: )

Here are crappy pictures of my kit :
TAMA Starclassic B/B in dark mocha fade finish with (mostly) ZILDJIAN A Custom cymbals.
Enjoy !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 11,894
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 9,585
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 9,681
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 9,287
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 9,075
22, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 14 snare. Gretsch Renown Maple

Attachments

• CIMG0514.JPG
    CIMG0514.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 9,309
Last edited:
I gotta say, most of these are mid-sized kits, 5 to 8 pieces, which is what most drummers play. I don't consider a kit to be a monster kit unless it has 9 pieces. I kit with 7 drums hardly qualifies as "monster" when there are kits out ther with TWICE that many!

I gotta say, most of these are mid-sized kits, 5 to 8 pieces, which is what most drummers play. I don't consider a kit to be a monster kit unless it has 9 pieces. I kit with 7 drums hardly qualifies as "monster" when there are kits out ther with TWICE that many!

I have to agree with DMC in this case. I reckon you need at least 9 drums to be a monster kit officially. Even the setup i did with my kit is probably pushing it due to lack of cymbals. I reckon for anything less than 9 drums to be a monster, there has to at least be a hellovaloada cymbals on top! (good example being earthshaker's kit there which i think looks pretty monstrous even though it's only an 8pc.)

Seriously, that's about as monster as a rabbit with the word "boo" painted on it's nose. You're a new member. Please don't clutter up the forums with inaproprate posts.

...lighten up Eddie. As a diehard four by four player, five is monster to me.

That being said, there is something about these chrome forrested brass canopied multi tom/bass/snare igloos that has always had an appeal to me. I am often amazed at the creativity and the art involved with these set ups and wonder how many of you BIG KIT KATS would have been Leggo engineers if you had not switched to drumming.

Just a thought.

Barry

...lighten up Eddie. As a diehard four by four player, five is monster to me.

That being said, there is something about these chrome forrested brass canopied multi tom/bass/snare igloos that has always had an appeal to me. I am often amazed at the creativity and the art involved with these set ups and wonder how many of you BIG KIT KATS would have been Leggo engineers if you had not switched to drumming.

Just a thought.

Barry

aww well i'm just kidding ;)

Anyway i thought that wankasarus kit you did was pretty impressive (it was you who did it, wasn't it?). I used to love lego and i'm doing engineering.

I would like to see a dwarf monster kit. At least 9 drums, none of them larger than 18 inches. You could have two 18 inch bass drums, 12 snare, maybe toms 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16. Easier to move, smaller footprint, monster attitude.

Seems like as soon as someone gets an 18 inch bass drum they never have more than a four piece and it doesn't have to be that way.

I would like to see a dwarf monster kit. At least 9 drums, none of them larger than 18 inches. You could have two 18 inch bass drums, 12 snare, maybe toms 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16. Easier to move, smaller footprint, monster attitude.

Seems like as soon as someone gets an 18 inch bass drum they never have more than a four piece and it doesn't have to be that way.

I was thinking of doing that once, for laaughs. Also because it might be a bit quieter.

aww well i'm just kidding ;)

Anyway i thought that wankasarus kit you did was pretty impressive (it was you who did it, wasn't it?). I used to love lego and i'm doing engineering.

...Having kids was a great excuse for buying leggo.

Wankasaurus Rex is more of an adult tinker toy. Since this thread has been resurrected I am tempted to unleash that beast once again.

What branch of engineering are you going in for?

Barry

...Having kids was a great excuse for buying leggo.

Wankasaurus Rex is more of an adult tinker toy. Since this thread has been resurrected I am tempted to unleash that beast once again.

What branch of engineering are you going in for?

Barry

haha well i reckon even if you're not gonna play it, it's quite fun just to set up all your drums once in a while lol.

Mechanical, not structural sadly.I still have all my old lego actually. Should give it 2 my little cousin, he likes lego.

Back