100th Anniversary Ludwig Classic Maple

Awesome kit!
One of my favorite finishes too.

I like the 12-16 sizes too, it works great.

Not real surprised about the delivery time. My orders usually take about 4 weeks (most of my stuff has been assembled by Mary. Thank you Mary!).

It's funny though, I just got some new BD hoops about a month ago (Arctic Glitter & I put Silver Sparkle on the outside mmmmm!) and I didn't have a problem at all.

I use Ludwig heads and Remo heads, and they both went on fine with the (new & the 07 RS inlay for the RS kit) hoops.

I do the "pull it a little" in a spot or two to get the hoop (since it flexes and is prone to the weather) to sit flush with the very edge of the hoop on the head, but I didn't have the raised glue spot on the head (or the dreaded "bump" in the film).

I HAVE had the glue and the bump problem happen though, and took the heads back as defective & got replacements (which is fun on a 28" head).

But the last few I've had were fine, and so was the Remo Ebony 26 I got a little while back.

I'd say it was a Remo problem (like Frank suggested) and maybe the Evans head had too much glue or something too?--who knows, there's always a screwy head somewhere along the lines.

But, if you fixed the problem, that's great and you never have to worry about it again.

Ludwig heads do seem to take a while to play in.
I found if you put it on, tune it up, and then stand on it, then tune it up and stretch it some more, they sound pretty cool (for quite a while too). The more stretched they get the warmer they sound, but they retain the crispness.

One other thing I found on Ludwig's heads is that if the head gets a dent in it, it doesn't seem to affect the tone of the head like some other brands.

But, I too like the good 'ol coated Ambassador (try a smooth white on the bottom...ooooohhh what a sound! :) ) on the batters of everything (even on my 26's).

A BB with the 100th badge too! BONUS!

I just watched the Ludwig 100th DVD over the weekend, pretty dang cool stuff.
DW's product DVD's are nice to look at all the shiny gear, but this was different altogether.
Makes you proud to be "part of the family". You play Ludwig, so you know.
Not that other brands can't sound good/great or whatever, but there's just something special about driving a Ludwig.

It's 34 years for me--hmmmm, I think I'll need a new kit to celebrate the 35th next year!!

That's totally acceptable reasoning, she can't argue with that!!

Have years of fun with it Zam!!!

Hey Karl - thanks for checkin' them out. No, no 100th. Ani. badge on the Black Beauty, I bought it prior to the rest of the kit, unfortunately. I am thinking about ordering a matching maple snare w/ tube lugs though, which would get the Ani. badge. It's that or a 26x14"...or a 20x16" kick...I'm thinking about it.

I wonder if you're having less of a problem with the hoops because of the huge drum sizes? Maybe as they get larger, the undersized hoop thing is less of an issue?

Mary assembled mine, too! That Mary...she makes some mean drums.

35 years, wow! There really is something special about these drums...they're so unique. They have more of a personal feel to them, if that makes any sense.

Can't wait to see your new outfit, get some pics up!

Haha! Everyone's a freakin' comedian. ;) I'm willing to take bets on this one. DMC lost the last one. I'll even shoot high (for me). Let's say....a year?

Haha! Everyone's a freakin' comedian. ;) I'm willing to take bets on this one. DMC lost the last one. I'll even shoot high (for me). Let's say....a year?

Hmm confident. But then again, where is that Unix kit? Yeah I went there

I'd say 8 months TOPS.

Edit: Post count 555...ominous

Vinnie,

Gotta get some Yammies next. You've had everything else.

Tick tock tick tock.................................Clocks running. 8>)

Well, it was not what he was looking for, not more complicated then that.

I know. And I meant no offense to you.

Uh oh started a sentance with "and".

I know. And I meant no offense to you.

Uh oh started a sentance with "and".

Believe it or not, it's grammatically correct. And, Freddy - I've never been attracted to Yamaha drums for some reason? I'm sure they're great but they don't catch my ears like Ludwig does.

Oh what the hell...it's almost like I HAVE to now? :) There are some nice Yamaha snares out there, maybe that's as far as the wife will let it go.

Anyhow, I can do eight months standing on my head. Heh.

Nice kit, welcome to the 100th. Anniversary club. I have a Legacy Classic Liverpool 4 kit with the Anniversary badges. I also own an engraved Black Beauty with the 100th. Anniversary badge as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 2,210
just snatched up one of these kits off ebay the other day and am beyond excited for it! dream drum set for sure. from the wrap, sizes, extra floor tom... couldn't have custom ordered it any better. i'll definitely post picture when it arrives.

not that it matters much to me, but are these badges more/less desirable than the standard ones?

the kit has arrived! i have been playing on a sonor safari of late so this kit looks like a monster to me right now. it will definitely take some time adjusting the set up/getting used to the larger sizes. the sizes being: 14x24, 10x13, 16x16, and 16x18.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,645
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,754
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,769
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,742
  • photo 1(2).JPG
    photo 1(2).JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,728
Last edited:
the kit has arrived! i have been playing on a sonor safari of late so this kit looks like a monster to me right now. it will definitely take some time adjusting the set up/getting used to the larger sizes. the sizes being: 14x24, 10x13, 16x16, and 16x18.

Beautiful beyond words. Congrats on your new baby.

Beautiful beyond words. Congrats on your new baby.

thanks, my first pro-level kit! after constantly seeing them on this forum and watching videos, i decided a classic maple was the kit for me. i check ebay often and found those. champagne sparkle is definitely my favorite wrap option, aside from the vintage WMP and the sizes are pretty much spot on what i was looking for. so, i couldn't pass these up!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Back