Show us your Premier kits!!

Really happy about my recent acquisition and even though its not autographed for me, Nickos autograph is just icing on the cake.

FC7uVZpl.png

QAwJB08l.png

Last edited:
How on earth did you get hold of the 13" heavy bell?

Dumb luck I suppose, but it all started here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107890&highlight=Nicko

I often do Nicko searches and really had no idea this auction was going on. I've changed my eBay settings to world wide now so I don't miss out on many of the goodies I would have otherwise missed out on. I'm humbled to own such a fine cymbal and even though I have no idea of its worth or what I should have paid for it. I just knew I couldn't pass on what looks like an extremely rare opportunity to own one.

Dumb luck I suppose, but it all started here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107890&highlight=Nicko

I often do Nicko searches and really had no idea this auction was going on. I've changed my eBay settings to world wide now so I don't miss out on many of the goodies I would have otherwise missed out on. I'm humbled to own such a fine cymbal and even though I have no idea of its worth or what I should have paid for it. I just knew I couldn't pass on what looks like an extremely rare opportunity to own one.

Now all you need are the 15" and 22" custom Signature crashes and the 20" custom china!! Happy hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttyoak
Now all you need are the 15" and 22" custom Signature crashes and the 20" custom china!! Happy hunting!
And a 40" custom painted gong! ;)

I don't know where the hunt will end. I always thought the 13" 602 HB would be the one I would never get my hands on. I have the 20" HFR China, that Paiste surprisingly made for me. The 15" HFR could be tough but the 22" HFR is available and next on the list unless of course the 15" or God forbid that 40" custom Eddie gong turns up for sale then the 22 may have to wait :)
He's also currently playing a 20" SC prototype which will likely be impossible to get. Interestingly enough as I began putting this kit together it seems only proper to keep it consistent with his cymbal config too. The only problem with that of course is the money! I can't imagine what that gong would cost and is it really neccessary for a devoted fan?........well..........maybe!

I don't know where the hunt will end. I always thought the 13" 602 HB would be the one I would never get my hands on. I have the 20" HFR China, that Paiste surprisingly made for me. The 15" HFR could be tough but the 22" HFR is available and next on the list unless of course the 15" or God forbid that 40" custom Eddie gong turns up for sale then the 22 may have to wait :)
He's also currently playing a 20" SC prototype which will likely be impossible to get. Interestingly enough as I began putting this kit together it seems only proper to keep it consistent with his cymbal config too. The only problem with that of course is the money! I can't imagine what that gong would cost and is it really neccessary for a devoted fan?........well..........maybe!

If you can, try picking up a 22" Sound Creation Bell Ride too, which was THE Maiden ride cymbal sound from '83-'86! Beautiful cymbals.

I've always thought Premier and Nicko should do a kit modelled after his Sonor Phonic Plus Hi-Tech kit from '86. He's said it's one of his favorite finishes of all time, and with the exception of the two kits in this thread some of his recent kits have been a bit... tacky. I think a Premier in flat grey with black hardware and white gaskets would look incredibly sexy.

Here's my Sapphire Blue Premier XPK set from the 90's. I have always loved the sound, especially with Aquarian Performance II heads. Was originally a 12/13/16/22 configuration, but I have since added 8, 10 and 14 inch matching toms. These pics include a 10/12/14/16/22 configuration (which can change on any given day). The member on here who makes the "virgin" bass plates never got back to me, so I had a local blacksmith make me one for five bucks! I found a guy who sells some pretty cool Premier stickers on Ebay, so I decided to use one on top of the bass drum plate. The snare is original to the set, but I have upgraded the hoops and added tube lugs, so now I can really crank it down when needed and not have to worry about one of the lugs popping. I have several other snare drums not shown, but I wanted to keep this on topic with Premier drums!

Attachments

• Forum 1.jpg
    Forum 1.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 3,069
  • Forum 2.jpg
    Forum 2.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 4,817
  • Forum 4.jpg
    Forum 4.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 3,068
  • Forum 5.jpg
    Forum 5.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 3,813
Here's my Sapphire Blue Premier XPK set from the 90's. I have always loved the sound, especially with Aquarian Performance II heads. Was originally a 12/13/16/22 configuration, but I have since added 8, 10 and 14 inch matching toms. These pics include a 10/12/14/16/22 configuration (which can change on any given day). The member on here who makes the "virgin" bass plates never got back to me, so I had a local blacksmith make me one for five bucks! I found a guy who sells some pretty cool Premier stickers on Ebay, so I decided to use one on top of the bass drum plate. The snare is original to the set, but I have upgraded the hoops and added tube lugs, so now I can really crank it down when needed and not have to worry about one of the lugs popping. I have several other snare drums not shown, but I wanted to keep this on topic with Premier drums!

beautiful premier - i bet the sound is better than the various pearls, etc in this price range

be warned about the snare (if it's your first of its kind): the rivets that hold the throw off together are made of a soft metal that just gives way. mine has long since decayed.

Not the best photo, but here's mine. I'm the original owner of this kit, a 90's XPK Fusion. They are great-sounding drums.

1sxCFrZl.jpg

My 1998 Cabria in metallic turquoise. It doesn't seem like a lot of these drums were made judging by the lack of info out there about them. It really is a great sounding kit that I don't think I'll ever part with!

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 2,587

Attachments

• WP_001242.jpg
    WP_001242.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,414
  • WP_001254.jpg
    WP_001254.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2,493
  • WP_001215.jpg
    WP_001215.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 2,405
  • WP_001225.jpg
    WP_001225.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 2,523
  • WP_000621.jpg
    WP_000621.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 2,440
  • WP_000680.jpg
    WP_000680.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 2,379
Very Nice Marianog ! Some people might think your kit is "quirky" with the paint job.. but that is a very much PRO PREMIER SERIES..

Very cool !

Back