Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Re: My SQ 2 Sonor

My Sonor SQ 2, 12 ply Birch, Rosewood veneer inside and out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/SteveSmithFan/CIMG0760.jpg

CIMG0760.jpg

Thought I'd insert the picture for you, since that's what we want here :).

Just bought a new Sonor Delite, walnut roots finish, best sounding drum I've ever played.
Hope to post some pics real soon.

Well its nothing special only a 3005, great kit at that. But the colour i LOVE and it sets it apart from most kits.

Sonor3005Front.jpg

SonorBack-1.jpg

SonorTopShot.jpg

Can see the wood grain in the floor tom....could look at it all day long.
Sonor3005Side.jpg

Every single post with a kit in this thread all have something in common.

PURE CLASS!!!

Here's my 3007. 24x17.5, 13x10, 16x16, 18x16. More specs available upon request.

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

n511254232_321279_5669.jpg

n511254232_321286_7460.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

My friend Jody and his Sonor S Class Pro in Aqua Green. Now he has a 16 tom as well and the cymbals are clean. These pictures were the day of arrival. 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, double bass and side 10" sonor snare. It looks even meaner with the 8, 10, 12, 13 up front and 14, 16 on the side...I should grap a up to date pic of that. Enjoy.

My friend Jody and his Sonor S Class Pro in Aqua Green. Now he has a 16 tom as well and the cymbals are clean. These pictures were the day of arrival. 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, double bass and side 10" sonor snare. It looks even meaner with the 8, 10, 12, 13 up front and 14, 16 on the side...I should grap a up to date pic of that. Enjoy.

I HAVE THAT SAME SHIRT!

Really awsome drums..your friend jody is my drum teacher! and those are awsome drums!!! I have played them and they sound awsome!!! funny that i see my drum teacher's sonor drum set on drummerworld lol.

No issues but I just bought a new Force 3007 and the edges are cut sharp compared to the edges on my Gretsch kit. Gretsch along with others use a more rounded edge that mates quite well with the curve of the drum head. My Gretsch kit has always been easy to tune and sounds great. As for the Force kit I just got it yesterday and haven’t spent much time with it. It is a great build though and I am looking forward to getting it ready for our shows. It is finished in natural maple and should look great on stage. What I was asking was if any of the Sonor players had any feedback as to how they tune and sound with this edge design. I do like the “Tunesafe” lugs. Every manufacture should have this feature. I play this weekend but hope to spend time Sunday working on the tuning and setup of the kit. Looking forward to it.

No troubles with the edges on my Force 3007. They are sharp as can be, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but I found I didn't have to round them off like I do with most modern drums.

I get a wicked attack, wonderful warm resonance even with clear 1 or 2 ply heads, the sustain sings for days with either 1 or 2 ply clears, they fill up a room nicely and record exceptionally well.

I find these Force 300x drums DO NOT LIKE 2 ply coated heads. Way too dull, lifeless, no tone, all slap, an all around terrible sound.

Really awsome drums..your friend jody is my drum teacher! and those are awsome drums!!! I have played them and they sound awsome!!! funny that i see my drum teacher's sonor drum set on drummerworld lol.

I got Jody that kit for an incredible deal from my sonor museum member friend Kelly.
I own the kits on the first page, Signature and Ebony.

Jody and I and his cousin Magical Mark were taught by his uncle Ugene. We have been drumming buddies since 1978. His Uncle Ugene was trained down in Pottsdam, Crane School of Music, where Steve Gadd is from. Ugene was heavy into Tony Williams.

Jody, Mark and I were Rush and Zep fans. We were amazed at Ugene do Tony Williams. Man those were the days. I actually played drums for Rick St.Pierre and Sledge Rock Group back in those days for 9 months. We lived across the road on Notre Dame. Mark and Jody on the other side, and Ugene gave lessons in Marks Grandpa's house which was between Mark and Jody, in the basement...Notre Dame was rocking.

Sledge Rock Group did the Kiss thing in walls of sound back then. Ten 100Watt double stack Marshalls just for the lead player, Rick St.Pierre
LOL. Four 250Watt Monoblocks for the bass player. Sledge actually rented Heart's PA system the night Roy Nicholes drummed for them at La Citidale highschool. They blew the city block three times....and we both know there's only schools on that block...LOL. Man was that loud, but what a clean perfect sound....blew my mind, that was the day I vowed to drum for Rick. Be careful you might get what you wish for...LOL>

When I joined Sledge Rock Group it was in transition from Led Zep covers to AC/DC covers, this is before they were big in america, we had over seas albums. The picture of the Sonor kit on "if you want blood" was my first experinece to want a Sonor kit. I was driven to get better and better with my meter, Rick was relentless, but a great teacher.

I love Rick and he is the reason I drum so solid. Since he hangs with Phil Rudd, you can see why.

Rick St. Pierre moved out to BC, I stayed. Rick invented Wizard Amps and is the guitar tech for Angus Young of AC/DC. He was out in Vancouver with AC/DC all last two months. Going on the road next year. Rick was with Alice Copper when he came to town. I got a sweet cymbal autographed by Eric Singer thanks to Rick. Rick does live in town. Builds Wizard amps where Roy Nicholes works, again another great drummer, that Roy. Roy played for Rick back in 1976. My friend Rick Nadeau filled in shortly after. Rick Nadeau also took lessons down in Pottsdam. We all agree St Pierre, although a huge talent...is so full of ego, that its not worth the journey. Mark and I used to call him Rubber and Hollywood after drumming for him. I always knew his was as good as he said and thought he was going to be as famous as he is, but man way too much ego for my taste. I don't care how talented you are...you should not drown in your own self glory.

Having said that, I will say Rick St.Pierre is as good as he says he is and taught me more about timing and meter then anyone dispite the fact he plays lead guitar and builds the best amps.

I actually had jody's Gretsch kit at my house, one year, for six months....man I love that late 70's Gretsch kit.He got that from Gary Grace, drummer for Prism, and Gary is also the bomb. What a drummer. For such a small town, we have some of the best drummers I have ever seen except the top pros...that is the one thing going for Cornwall, that and we live on the St. Lawerence.

The Sonor S Class shells are the same as my Designer Ebony minus the ebony innear ply, which makes a huge difference. Wicked sounding drums.

Cheers.

Last edited:
THIS SPACE RESERVED...
for my Birch SQ2.
4 piece Ebony outside, Scandinavian birch inside
18x20 medium bass
15x15 medium floor
12x11 thin rack tom
13x6.5 heavy snare

...and here it is....

Attachments

• sonor.jpg
    sonor.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 13,778
  • sonor2.jpg
    sonor2.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 13,453
  • sonor3.jpg
    sonor3.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 13,237
...and here it is....

I don't like this kit at all.

It is WAY TO BEAUTIFUL to be a drum set. There has to be a catch somewhere.

I mean, you hit the damn thing with sticks!!!! Be careful.

All joking aside, this is simply amazing. I think I would pass out if I saw the kit in person!!!!!

Enjoy it and do not let children any where near her.

I don't like this kit at all.

It is WAY TO BEAUTIFUL to be a drum set. There has to be a catch somewhere.

I mean, you hit the damn thing with sticks!!!! Be careful.

All joking aside, this is simply amazing. I think I would pass out if I saw the kit in person!!!!!

Enjoy it and do not let children any where near her.

Thanks! No kids to worry about, just a puppy that likes to chew things.

Back