90's Pearl Export (My First Acoustic Set)

johnquach

I recently scored a Pearl Export from the 90s with inner plies of birch and outer mahagoney plies for $330. The original owner refurbished it with a custom wrap and almost all new hardware. The snare is not pearl, it is a random 7 x 13 birch shell he found online fitted with the same wrap, diecast hoops, low mass lugs and a box throw off. Cymbals are 14' Paiste 502 Hi Hats, 16' Paiste PST 5 Crash, and 20' Paiste 802 ride. The cymbals were $150 all together. (You can find great deals on used cymbals at the guitarcenter website!!)

47oa.jpg

fgm1.jpg

y3j2.jpg

Very nice! Gotta love the old exports, you are up and playing for less than $500 with something that isn't a giant piece of crap. That is an excellent score.

Very nice! Gotta love the old exports, you are up and playing for less than $500 with something that isn't a giant piece of crap. That is an excellent score.

Thanks! They sound great. I'm lovin the classic long lug look too. The cymbals are excellent for the price as well. Paiste has the best beginner range cymbals in my opinion. That 802 ride sounds similar to an Alpha!

Lookin' good! Definitely a nice practice kit, or a guilt-free gigging kit! Enjoy!

Back