Drum Kit position (Death Metal friendly)

I also love aborted. but those cymbals are still WAY too high in my opinion. on that note... too close to the toms is bad too..

happy medium for everything..

drumming should be relaxed and comfortable. no reaching, no stressing. there are no RULES

I Think positioning the drum kit would be a lot easier if you had a double bass set-up. There's no easier reach to the tom's than having them right in front of you (at the center of two bass drums). Either that or getting a separate tom holder would do. I always keep my snare flat though.

I prefer the ride cymbal being a little far (Somewhere over the floor tom) since that makes it easier for me to play blast beats (Honestly, I don't know why.. It feels good)

In regards to the cymbal height, I need it to be 1.5ft above the toms at a straight angle (Crash cymbals only)..and the china right above the ride. I think I've got a good set up for now (did it last night), but I guess I'm gonna keep making changes till I find the Perfect position.

@DA-Drummer: Thanks for the link, that set up helped. Bedene's an amazing drummer too!

Back