Ludwig Fan Club

• Thread starter Jusstickinaround
  • Start date
Hey LVDC what's up? I'm wanting to get some Ludwig "Hercules" cymbal stands and possibly a hi-hat stand from the 70's maybe early 80's do you know of someone that is wanting to sell some stands? Thanks!

Hey LVDC what's up? I'm wanting to get some Ludwig "Hercules" cymbal stands and possibly a hi-hat stand from the 70's maybe early 80's do you know of someone that is wanting to sell some stands? Thanks!

Have you tried eBay? I may have a couple of Straight Herc's that I could part with but would have to see what "varieations" I have and how many of each. In the almost ten years Ludwig offered the Hercules Line they developed them over time with different types of wing nuts (metal / plastic) as well as different middle & top tubes, including Tilters (Atlas / Hercules.) I even have a couple of "hybrid / transistional" Herc's that I know to be original that have tapered centre tubes, black plastic knobs & Atlas Tilters..................

LVDC

Cool, I never knew Ludwig offered that finish in the 70's. Work on the Big Beat or the Supra. The acrolite, meh, unless they were of higher quality back then.

If you ever get a chance give the 1960's anondized Acrolite's a shot.
In my opinion, and I'm a Supra Phonic kinda person, they are one of the best snares around.........

Got the Kit set-up with the first configuration I'll try. I played a SuperClassic Outfit (White Marine Pearl) from 1969 to '78 and have been going back to my roots with a one up, one down set-up but figured since I had them I might just as well include the 13 & 14..........................

268674485.jpg

268675184.jpg

Snare: Mid 80's Hammered Shell Supra-Phonic 400 (5 x 14) w/Coated Ambassador
Heads: Aquarian Texture Coated Response 2's over Classic Clears w/Texture Coated SuperKick II "over" Ludwig Heavy Reso.
Cymbals: 14" K Custom Dark Hi-Hats, 16" A Med Thin Crash, 17" K Custom Fast Crash, 18 Paiste 2002 Ride, 20" K Custom Med Ride.
10" early Sabian Splash (smaller Zildjian type bell)

LVDC

Last edited:
Ok here's mine. I want to add a china and a splash next.

Attachments

• Drum1.jpg
    Drum1.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 4,542
  • Drum4.jpg
    Drum4.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 4,569
I finally got around to setting up my 70's "modified" Stainless Outfit:
13, 18 & 24 with a 1975 Supra 402.....................................

265701631.jpg

265701642.jpg

265701669.jpg

Cymbals: 22 Ride, 18 Med Ride, 16 Med Crash & 15 Sound Edge Hi-Hats (all Paiste 2002's)
Bass Heads: Aquarian SuperKick II & Regulator with 7" Hole to tame "ring"
Ludwig Smooth White Reso / with no hole coming soon..........................
Tom Heads: Evans Texture Coated EC2 (batters) Aquarian Classic Clear (reso's)
Snare Heads: Remo 2-ply Ambassador (Vintage A) & Ludwig thin snare-side
Stands: 1970's Ludwig Hercules
Pedal: DW 9000......................

LVDC
That is without doubt the nicest kit I have ever seen [much as I love PCMs green sparkle], LVDC I salute you, bravo sir!!

That is without doubt the nicest kit I have ever seen [much as I love PCMs green sparkle], LVDC I salute you, bravo sir!!

Thank you very much Jon, I just wish you could see it in person, pictures, let me clarify this, My Pictures do not do Stainless justice. They look much better than the shots portray and my favorite part, they sound (to me) better than they look............

Thanks again, the Stainless Outfit, all of it, 13 (two of them,) 14, 15, 16, 18 & 24 took a lot of work to bring back but were well worth the effort, which is why I went ahead and replaced the "plain jane" Bass Hoops that were on it when I brought it home with new Silver Sparkle Inlay's as a finishing touch............

LVDC

I saw your kit on ebay, again. guess you opted not to sell it.

Tomorrow I get my 60's WMP Ludwig, original and white. Sorry to 1up yours :)

No I didn't sell it, didn't get what I wanted. What do you mean 1up mine? Mine is original, I just put the toms on rims and bought a modern double tom holder. I still have the original Ludwig double tom holder, maybe you mean because yours is from the sixties? I had a sky blue kit from 1966 with the 3ply maple/poplar shells, I prefer the six ply maple shells I have now. Congragulations on your new kit, post some pictures when you get it.

I've enjoyed viewing all the Great Looking Ludwig kits in this thread. After many months of waiting for different components to arrive I finally got my Ludwig kit in presentable condition.

Attachments

• Ludwig Classic Birch Front Shot.JPG
    Ludwig Classic Birch Front Shot.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,356
  • Ludwig Classic Birch Back Shot.JPG
    Ludwig Classic Birch Back Shot.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,313
  • Ludwig Classic Birch Front Shot Zoom.JPG
    Ludwig Classic Birch Front Shot Zoom.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 4,325
I also got my Ludwig into presentable condition....picture just taken yesterday in the Swiss Alps..

Bernhard

Attachments

• ludwig.jpg
    ludwig.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4,517
I also got my Ludwig into presentable condition...

Yes you did Bernhard..................

I just love seeing a well kept Vintage Set and yours is about as well kept as they come. Sweet, very, very sweet indeed!!

LVDC

I also got my Ludwig into presentable condition....picture just taken yesterday in the Swiss Alps..

Bernhard

I've looked at your Ludwig Kit many times in the Your Drumset section of Drummerworld. The Swiss Alps must have some mystical powers in making time stand still.

I have to tell you that your DW set up was the look I went for in selecting the finish and drum set up when I ordered my Classic Birch kit. I must have viewed your DW kit a thousand times.

Thanks for all the beautiful Ludwig kits. I can't believe I forgot to post my new ones, so here they are......again.
1112071434editedud9.jpg

Back