INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!Greetings from Aus.

Hello fellow drummers,my name is Mark and I am from Sydney Australia,been playing for roughly 10 years on and off,my first major influence was Stewart Copeland(The Police)some other influences include: Dave Weckl,Steve Gadd,Simon Phillips,Jeff Porcaro,Alex Van Halen and Steve Smith to name a few,I currently play in a rock covers band and my weapon of choice at the moment is a drumcraft series 8 acrylic 5 piece with Sabian Dave Weckl signature series HHX Evolutions and a gibraltar rack with pearl cymbal /Hihat stands and a pearl eliminator demon drive bass drum pedal,love this set up,currently using remo pinstripes/ambassadors on toms and kick drum and a clear black dot on the snare,great to have joined this forum,looking forward to being a part of it.This is a link to a short video of my band live complete with stuff ups,hope you enjoy. https://vimeo.com/88236876 password is: cry

Welcome to the forum. I tried the link but it says the the video is private.

Real name? Bob Davis

Age? 41

How long have you been playing? 27 years

Origin of user name? I'm Bob. STX is the airport code for where I live - St Croix, in the US Virgin Islands

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Neil Peart, Steve Smith, Manu Katche, Carter Beauford, Joe Morello

Make of drumkit? Working on building my own. In the meantime, I'm playing a borrowed kit.

Make of cymbal? Any drummer not getting paid to endorse a make who insists on one make is foolishly restricting his potential voices. In the past, before I matured into someone who realizes that "Ford vs. Chevy" arguments are puerile, I was pretty loyal to Paiste. But then I wised up. I'll play what sounds best, and I couldn't care less who made it.

Where do you practice? Spare bedroom, to my wife's dismay.

Are you in a band? Yes. Kind of. ;)

Do you play covers or originals? Mix.

What style of music? You could call it "roots rock".

Favourite take out food? Indian.

What country do you live in? US Virgin Islands.

One really odd fact about yourself? I've had seven careers, if you count music, in my short life. From soldiering to brewing craft beer to running my own business.

How did you start drumming? Clarinet is infinitely less cool than drums. Krupa > Goodman! :D

Name: Hans
Playing drums for about 7 years now
Name origen: i'm a psychiatrick male night nurse from belgium (flemisch side) and drum, soooo.... drumingnurse :D
Top 5 drummers: Animal (from the muppets), Ringo star, Josh Morgan, Matt Thomas and Joe Morello. And if i may say, many more! :) but thats my top 5 of drummer who inspired me to start or keep drumming.
Drum kit: Mapex V series and Ludwig black magic snare. Will buy a new kit when i stoped smoking afther 1 year (now at 2 months) and thinking about a signet 105 terrabeat of ludwig or gretsch renown maple.
Cymbals: Now paiste pst3, maybe in a few years goin to 2002's, sig's or zildjan K custom. Need to test some more :)
practise in the rehersel space of my band.
in a band?yes, just started a new one, Miss Hawaiian Tropic. We do our own numbers, maybe a ocasional cover in the furure. :)
music style: All style's, mainly rock and jazz if i'm playing :)
fav fooditalian :)
What countryBelgium baby :D Land of beer and frensch fries :D
odd thing: i work at a psychiatrick hospital, nuf said :p
how ya start druming: first played guitar in a band, and just picked up the sticks for funn, weard was that drumming came naturial to me .... like automatic, so i started goin on as a drummer and also allways loved dave ghrol in nirvana and most of all animal in the muppeds. :)

ps: sorry for the bad englisch, but at leased i'm trying :D
thx,
ps2: if ya have an opinion about my future drum choize, please tell (ludwig signet or gretsch renown).

Been lurking around the forum since picking up my first kit a few weeks ago, so I figure it's time to introduce myself.

Real name? Tommy
Age? 33
How long have you been playing? playing drums 1 month other instruments about 20 years
Origin of user name?
Your top 5 drummers? Jabo Starks, Clyde Stubblefield, Art Blakey, John Bonham, Buddy Rich
Make of drumkit? CB
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Anywhere I get the opportunity
Are you in a band? I play trombone with several big bands at the moment but not playing drums with anyone yet
Do you play covers or originals? Jamming along to covers for now
What style of music? Funk, Rock, R&B, Jazz
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? US
How did you start drumming? Always wanted to so I finally bought a used set and started learning a basic rock beat followed by jamming along with some of my favorite albums.

www.sweet-tmusic.com

Hey guys. As you can tell, I joined this forum back in summer of 2005, I only made a couple of posts and haven't come back since. I was 18 and just graduated from high school. I have been a prolific member at musician's forums (what was MXtabs and is now Sputnik Music) since 2004 although the forums have been gutted and there's no drum community anymore.

I've been playing constantly, but there was a 2-3 year period just recently where I stopped advancing and even started decreasing in skill, as the bands I was playing in weren't engaging me. I don't even live with my drumset but I've been woodshedding the past couple of months on a drumpad and have already seen vast improvements.

Real name? Justin Radford
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? 15 years this summer
Origin of user name? Long story, but its been my online alias since 1999.
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, Keith Moon, Mitch Mitchell, Ringo Starr, Gene Krupa
Make of drumkit? Sonor, Pearl, and Rhythm Traders
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, Amedia, Wuhan, Paiste
Where do you practice? Pad at my apartment, set at parents' house and at rehearsal studios
Are you in a band? Two permanently, although I am temporarily filling in for a third at this time while they find a permanent drummer
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals but I am a fan of covers
What style of music? One is proto-metal (think Deep Purple/Uriah Heep), the other is campy indie pop
Favourite take out food? Thai
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I have a larger head, and shorter limbs than the vast majority of people my height
How did you start drumming? Taking snare drum lessons

Real name? Samantha LaBrecque
Age? 16
How long have you been playing? 1 year (played guitar previously)
Origin of user name? Taco Bell
Your top 5 drummers? Keith Moon,
Make of drumkit? Ludwig
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Meinl
Where do you practice? My room + anywhere I can get my hands on a kit
Are you in a band? No (sigh).
What style of music? Literally whatever I feel like, but right now trying to work on Jazz
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I have an allergy to morphine (found out the hard way)and most fruits
How did you start drumming? Enjoyed messing around on friends' kits, bought myself a drum pad............. I didn't mean for it to turn out like this!

Real name? Scott Gardner
Age? 49
How long have you been playing? 1 year- 35 years ago I played for a few years in high school
Origin of user name? initials
Your top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, John Bonham, Josh Freese, Joe Morello, Stewart Copeland
Make of drumkit? Sonor
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? Shitty little room in my unfinished basement
Are you in a band? No (sigh).
What style of music?Love punk, funk, old soul, classic rock
What country do you live in? Canada, eh.
How did you start drumming? Always thought the drummer had the best job.

Hey everybody,

I've been posting some videos on the forum, but realized I haven't bothered to introduced myself, and noticed that forum seems to be a bit of an inside, tight group. A lot of great people and drummers that have gotten to know each-other over the years. I look forward to continuing to be a part of this great online community.

Real name?
My name is Campbell Youngblood-Petersen, and I've been living in New York City for about a year now.

Age?
How long have you been playing?
I'm 24, and started playing piano 15 years ago, solely because it was required for me to be a percussionist two years later in fifth grade band.

Origin of user name? My username is pretty obviously my initials.

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Brian Blade, Eric Harland, Justin Brown, Stanton Moore, Adam Deitch

Make of drumkit? I have a Gretsch New Classic Bop Kit, Yamaha Tour Custom, and Yamaha Al Foster HipGig - the only kit with me in NYC :(

Make of cymbal? 20'' Bosphorus Master Series, 21'' Sabian AA Raw Ride, 22'' Bosphorus Antique Series, 14'' Bosphorus Jeff Hamilton Hi-Hats, full set of Sabian AAs

Where do you practice?
Surprisingly in my NYC apartment!

Are you in a band?
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Yes- currently I am playing with a group called h.y.p.e. that plays original r&b/soul/jazz/funk/fusion

Favorite take out food?
Can't argue with pizza

What country do you live in?
USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I have listened to so many interviews with great drummers, that I have developed a strange habit of often picturing myself answering some interview question related to some specific drumming pursuit when working on something.

How did you start drumming?
Pots and pans baby! My parents tell me a story of my unofficial baptism, since I wasn't exactly raised religious, where the legendary master drummer Babatunde Olatunji picked me up and threw me up in the air (and luckily caught me!), so I like to think that started everything off.

MATT LAUG ONLINE SESSION DRUMMER

My name is Matt Laug and I'm a Los Angeles based studio session drummer.
I have performed on records that have sold over 35 million copies for artists:

Alanis Morissette (Jagged Little Pill - "You Oughta Know")

Lifehouse (No Name Face - "Hanging By A Moment")

The Calling (Camino Palmero - "Wherever You Will Go")

Christina Aguilera ("What A Girl Wants" - percussion)

New Radicals (Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too)

Melissa Etheridge (Luckey - "If You Want To")

Alice Cooper (A Fistful Of Alice - "Is Anyone Home")

Slash’s Snakepit (Aint Life Grand)

The Corrs (Talk On Corners - "Only When I Sleep")

Richard Marx (My Own Best Enemy)
and more.

I provide professionally recorded drum tracks LIVE online. You will be able to watch, listen and communicate via chat in HD quality LIVE as I perform on your song(s) via Ustream.

Fees will be custom made to fit your recording budget!

To view my Discography, TV/Movie credits, Videos, read testimonials from guitarists Slash (Guns N' Roses) Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) and more, please visit: www.MattLaugdrums.com

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hello! I'm Eugene and at the time I'm writing this I am 24 years of age. I started playing when I was 9 or 10 so about 14-15 years. My user name actually came from my original screen name for some gaming website. It was close to what was suggested; plus 7 is my favorite number.I don't really have a "top 5 drummers list" but I do enjoy Aaron Spears and Tony Royster Jr.
I just recently purchased a Mapex Meridian Maple drum kit and also received some Sabian AAX cymbals. If I practice, I'm usually in the basement. I don't play in a band per se, but I do play at church and with the Drexel University Gospel Choir. Many of the songs I play to are technically covers but there is usually a spin or twist that we put on the songs. The main style I play is Gospel (which incorporates a lot), but I'll play to anything.
Not sure what my favorite take out food is. Maybe chicken wings and pizza rolls from the Chinese food store. I live in America, Specifically right outside of Philadelphia, PA. One really odd fact about me is that really isn't odd is through the choir I have been able to play on both coasts (east and west) and in two different countries (America and Canada).

Real name?
Saisagar Jadhav
Age?
How long have you been playing?
4 years, 2.5 since I got my Drum Kit
Origin of user name?
Its my First name in smallcase
Your top 5 drummers?
In no order: Derek Roddy (Nile, Hate Eternal, Serpents Rise), Charlie Benante (Anthrax), Shawn Drover (Megadeth), Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Chris Adler (Lamb of God)
Make of drumkit?
Tama Swingstar
Make of cymbal?
Sabian B8
Where do you practice and with whom?
In the Attic with the Boogeyman
Are you in a band?
Not yet, but filled in for a cousin at a gig, Covered Megadeth and Metallica
Do you play covers or originals?
Covers, But I have alot of original rolls, double-bass fills etc
What style of music?
Heavy Metal
Favourite take out food?
Corpses
Just Kidding, Mozarella Cheese Corpse Pizza,
Yeah, it has corpses in it. Chicken corpses.

What country do you live in? India (No, we aren't Cannibals)
How did you start drumming? Heard Rust in Peace... Polaris by Megadeth

Hey kids,

I am Phil Schinbein, a drummer and drum smith (is that a real term?) from Reservoir, Victoria Australia. That's a suburb of Melbourne, Australia or "Melb'n, Straya" as it's pronounced round here. Digressions...

I grew up in Canada, studied jazz performance as a drum set major at Malaspina in Naniamo, BC though now it's called Vancouver Island University I believe.

After three years on cruiseships I moved to Oz to be with a loverly lady I met at sea.

I play my own snares, Sabian Cymbals, Mapex Saturn kits, Gibraltar hardware (except for my Jojo Mayer Pedal which is rad), Evans heads and Vater sticks.

Attached is a pic of my current touring rig with my band, The Bon Scotts. Notice the Stealth Rack. If you don't have one, get one. They are awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 410
Real name - Adam Bunnell
Age - 31
How long have you been playing - 18 years
Origin of user name - My nickname and the band I drum for
Your top 5 drummers - Matt Halpern, Jake Garland, Lucious Borich, Matt Greiner,
Dave McClain
Make of drumkit - Pdp FS series and Alesis Dm10
Make of cymbal - Paiste (Alpha and pst5)
Where do you practice - At home on the Alesis and in our studio
Are you in a band - yes, SEGRESSION
Do you play covers or originals - Originals
What style of music - Metal
Favourite take out food - Chicken Burgers
What country do you live in - Australia
One really odd fact about yourself - I secretly like to watch cheezy reality tv shows
How did you start drumming - I moved cities when i was younger (13), I wanted to join a band at my new school, I originally played guitar, no one knew how to play the drums, I gave it a go and fell in love with it!!!

Real name - Matt Wilder
Age - 27
How long have you been playing - 12 years
Origin of user name - UV because I am very pale, M60 just kind of sounded cool after it
Your top 5 drummers - Benny Greb, Lucius Borich, Jojo Mayer, Steve Judd, Virgil Donati
Make of Drum Kit - Tama Rockstar
Make of cymbal - Pretty varied between Meinl, Sabian and Paiste
Where do you practice - At my bands rehearsal space
Are you in a band - Yep, Rise Overrun
What style of music - Alternative/progressive
Favourite take out food - Pretty much anything that involves rice and chilli... or KFC..
What country do you live in - Australia
One really odd fact about yourself - I have no odd facts.. Is that odd?
How did you start drumming - Basically through school. I learned a few different instruments before the drums, but drums definitely stuck!

Real name - Simon Martin
Age - 25
How long have you been playing - 13 years
Origin of user name - the band I'm currently playing with
Your top 5 drummers - John Bonham, Pat McGrath, Chris Thatcher, Jake Massucco, Clyde Stubblefield
Make of drumkit - PDP Platinum
Make of cymbal - 21" Zildjian K Custom ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" crash, Sabian HHX x-plosion 20" crash, Wuhan 14" china, Zilco 15" hats,
Where do you practice - rehearsal space
Are you in a band - yes Dead Indian (http://deadindian.bandcamp.com)
What style of music - Rock
Favourite take out food - Chinese
What country do you live in - Fayetteville, Arkansas USA
One really odd fact about yourself - one time I accidentally peed on a raccoon

How long have you been playing: from 9 or 10 years
Origin of user name: it's my birth name
Your top 5 drummers: Charlie Benante, Buddy Rich, Peter Criss, Neil Peart, my first teacher from local area
Make of drumkit: Sonor is cool :)
Make of cymbal: What about Paiste 2002 or RUDE ?
Are you in a band? not yet, but you can email me : ) ([email protected])
Do you play covers or originals? sometimes covers, sometimes originals
What style of music? Jazz, Jazz, Jazz, Rock, old school rock, metal from 80th and so more good music
What country do you live in? Belarus
One really odd fact about yourself? When i was 3 or 4 , i thought in time of thunder some guys playing on the heaven on drums
How did you start drumming? i was so young and can't remember how did i started, sorry for my english, i learn it, but sometimes it's difficult than paradiddle:)
10312616_718780151501663_8428109152100657882_n.jpg

Hello guys!

Real name? Gabriel Maruca
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? 4 years HOWEVER: I'm joining this forum because I haven't played for the last year. I want to get back into it and looking for a way to do so :D (songs to jam, exerices to pratice, everything!)
Origin of user name? Nickname my friends gave me! Derivatives range from Gian to Maru lol
Your top 5 drummers? Jimmy Sullivan, Jojo Mayer, Lars Ulrich
Make of drumkit? Pearl
Make of cymbal? Sabian AAX and Zildjian A Custom
Where do you practice? My garage
Are you in a band? Nop
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers, but I love just putting a tempo a jamming on it!
What style of music? Metal/Rock
Favourite take out food? Sushi
What country do you live in? Canada from an Italian family
One really odd fact about yourself? Nutella.
How did you start drumming? Tried out my friend's drum kit fell in love instantly I had to try it.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Last edited:
Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Real name? Lewis
Age? 17
How long have you been playing? 8 years on and off, mostly off.
Origin of user name? Meant something, can't remember, use it for most things.
Your top 5 drummers? Chris Adler, Tomas Haake, Dave Lombardo, Tre Cool, Shannon Lucas
Make of drumkit? Generic music store brand with dixon snare. Upgrading soon.
Make of cymbal? Couple zildjians and a few staggs.
Where do you practice? At home and at school when i can.
Are you in a band? Yep
Do you play covers or originals? Covers for fun but mostly originals.
What style of music? Thrash/Groove metal with a bit of tech-death thrown in.
Favourite take out food? Mexican
What country do you live in? Australia
One really odd fact about yourself? I have hand tremors which make my handwriting terrible!
How did you start drumming? Lessons through school.

Real name? Tim

Age? 48

How long have you been playing? 43 years

Origin of user name? Boy Scout camp.

Your top 5 drummers? Bill Bruford, Gavin Harrison, Buddy Rich, Neil Peart and Stewart Copeland.

Make of drumkit? Noble and Cooley Custom Maple

Make of cymbal? Zildjians, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, etc...

Where do you practice? In the Beat Lab in the basement.

Are you in a band? Nope.

Do you play covers or originals? Either. I prefer originals.

What style of music? Jazz or Prog.

Favorite take out food? Pizza.

What country do you live in? United States.

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm an extremist. Not sure if that's "odd".

How did you start drumming? I was always banging on stuff and it hasn't stopped.

Back