Can we have a 'like' button?

There is a simple workaround for those who want a like button but aren't getting it.

Just type: I like this post.

I mean that's the crux of the biscuit, right? A person expressing that they like a certain post. It may take an extra 2 seconds compared to clicking a like button, but the results are essentially the same, except you are not anonymous.

It reminds me of.... if you can't find the remote, so you watch the same channel because you don't want to physically walk to the TV. And complain about it. There's an easy workaround.

A "like button" gosh what this Peer-review and next you'll publish it in a journal? Been there and done that-this isn't the venue for that. Besides Peer-review in this case is professionals and novices so you could get a like and it not really be good by professional standards-although I always "like" to be encouraging. I "like" written comments that way you can weigh how meaningful it is from your own opinion of your reviewer-some folks I hold in higher esteem than others as far as an opinion. Then again a lot of people say they "like" me but they could be lying too just being polite LOL. I don't see the point in it-what next points for posts that can be added or subtracted-there is a blog that does that. It's "pointless" hee,hee
But this thread does remind me of a song- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndAXxqJbc0

My wife is a big FB-er and sometimes she tells me a post of hers got like 50 likes in a few hours.

OMG I could not care any less. I like to hear why a person likes something. It's too impersonal.

Yep.............but that's not 20 characters!

A valid point indeed. See, now I know exactly why, you "dislike" my post. Had there been a thumbs down button, I wouldn't have understood why you disliked it, and maybe formed an inaccurate negative opinion of you. That's the difference right there. A like or dislike is not enough for me, I need more info.

Back