INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: Longtime lurker, finally registered!

Welcome .... to the Drummerworld forum. Now, show us some pictures.​
Example ... my Gretsch round badge kit.​

Attachments

• IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4047.JPG
    IMG_4047.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 167
'Hello' from Holland

Hello!

I'm Sander Bos and i'm 17 years old. I live in Alkmaar (Holland)
I have an Yamaha electric drumkit, but i want a acoustic drumkit ;P

I hope to learn a lot here at drummerworld!

Greetz, Sander Bos

Re: 'Hello' from Holland

Welcome to the forum Sander, you will find this forum is an extraordinary place to discover, learn and recieve invaluable advices from all the members.

Merry Chistmas to you. :)

Hello Sander,

Welcome to the brotherhood. Enjoy your time here...great forum, great people.

Cheers,

Welkom! Errr, I mean, welcome! Greetings from Vlaardingen! Hopefully you'll enjoy your time here on this forum. It's a great and informative place.

Real name? Wayne
Age? 56
How long have you been playing? on and off since about 12... about 44 years
Origin of user name? road raced motorcycles at age 52
Your top 5 drummers? oh dear...for me the list starts with Buddy Rich
Make of drumkit? Ludwig, Roland w/DIY e-kit, and just addded - SVdrums
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? living room
Are you in a band? sort of
Do you play covers or originals? yes
What style of music? rock, jazz, funk, country, priase
Favourite take out food? pizza
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? see next item
How did you start drumming? marching drum & fife corp

Last edited:
nouveau

bonjour tout nouveau sur le site!
batteur amateur passionné depuis l'enfance!
je joue avec gretsch et paiste;premier et sabian;
new classic;custom;2002;signature;b8
je cherche un batteur pour me remplacer region cantal;puy de dome;raison santé
merci de me contacter par mail!urgent!merci

Re: nouveau

it might be better if you would:

a. find a french speaking forum

or b. speak english, so we would understand what you are saying.

Welcome anyway.

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Daniel, and I’m learning to play drums on my own. I play with a small back yard band in my spare time. I’m also writing a blog about some of the things I’m learning and my thoughts on them. If you’d like to check it out go to http://drummingpassion.vacau.com. I just started on it so there’s not much there. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions too. Thanks, and Peace!

I'm in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

I've got a lovely old Slingerland kit, I'll get some pictures up here shortly.

Welcome to the madness!

Harry: Love your kit...very nice!

Real name? David
Age? 31
How long have you been playing? 21 years
Origin of user name? my initials
Your top 5 drummers? Phil Collins, Mike Portnoy, Steve Smith, Mike Mangini, Tony Royster Jr.
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom (About to go bye bye though.)
Make of cymbal? Zildjian/Sabian
Where do you practice? on my kit, in my room on reel feel pad.
Are you in a band? Looking to start one. Otherwise I produce my own arrangements on my computer.
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Progressive Rock, jazz, latin, drum corps.
Favourite take out food? pizza
What country do you live in? USA, Maryland
How did you start drumming? My grandmother brought home a vintage Ludwig 4 piece kit when I was 9 and wanted me to learn how to play. I hated it at the time. I always wanted to play the trombone.

Hi guys. My name is Ben. I am from Western Australia (a big, hot, dry desert state in Australia). I play a PREMIER GENISTA....90's model in terravadi green. 20" BD, 12" RT and 14" FT. I use Vic Firth F1 American Classic sticks (nylon tip). My snare is a Pearl Masters Sudio 14x5.5. I love Evans G2 clear for the toms and G1 for the rezos. My snare has a CS remo batter and diplomat rezo. My hats are 13" K custom bottom and A custom top, a 8" and 10" A custom splash, a 20" ping ride (all zildjian). My crashes are 16" Sabian HH xtra thin crash, and a 18" HH thin crash. I use a DB-30 Boss metronome plugged into a logitech subwoofer/speaker system for my practice. My fave drummers are Butch from the Eels, Rick Latham, Jay Lane (Primus) and ESPECIALLY Carter Beauford from TDMB. I use matched grip, I have a passion for rudiments and incorporating them using the "third hand concept" on the drumkit.

Hey all

Real name? Michael
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? Only about 2 years.
Origin of user name? Always been my nickname.
Your top 3 drummers? Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Chad Smith. Too many to mention decide
Make of drumkit? Which one? Pearl Forum, Mapex Saturn Series and a cheap electric kit.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Spare room which is pretty much a music room :)
Are you in a band? Yes. Called Ninety % which is the local band in town. Got in about two years ago after the original drummer left town. Had a lot of learning to do. Still learning but enjoy playing regular gigs.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? We play mostly rock with a bit of country. Mostly covers of stuff like ACDC, Screaming Jets, The Angels. Have started doing covers of newer songs.
Favourite take out food? At the moment Subway
What country do you live in? Australia
One really odd fact about yourself? Im pretty odd yeah! haha
How did you start drumming? Well. Used to play a lot of Rock Band which lead to buying a kit even though I was not really good. Probably the best thing I ever bought and I am glad that I play in a band.

ZonderZout from The Netherlands says "Hello"

Hi, my name is Robin, 31 years old and from The Netherlands. Been playing drums for about 10 years now. Started out with guitar and piano, but switched to drums... because they make more noise!! }:eek:)

I came by this forum while googling for my new drumkit I just bought this weekend. I saved up some money and it was time for a REAL drumkit. It's a limited edition Tama Warlord Masai and one of the other forum members has this kit, too. It's absolutely awesome!

So I thought it'd be nice to register here and see what else is going on here! :)

Drums: Tama Warlord Masai (AWESOME!!!!)
-22"x18" Kick Drum
-14"x6" Snare Drum
-8"x7" Rack Tom
-10"x8" Rack Tom
-12"x9" Rack Tom
-14"x12" Floor Tom
-16"x14" Floor Tom

Cymbals: Amedia
- 14" Raw Rock Hi-Hats
- 18" Raw Rock ride
- 15" Classic Series Crash
- 17" Classic Series Crash
- 16" Thrace Series China
- 10" Thrace Series Splash

For practicing at home I have a Roland TD-9KX (all mesh heads), which is quite a nice kit, too. Considering it's an electronic set :eek:)

And before I got my Tama Warlord, I used (and probably will still use for most pub / bar gigs) my trustworthy PDP FX Series fusion kit. It's a fairly nice sounding and compact kit, 10"/12"/14" toms, 14" snare and 20" kick drum, but a little hard to tune. But overall a very nice kit, too.

So anyway, hi!

Uhm... pics? Yes... as soon as I take some :eek:)

Totally off topic here, but now I'm humming "Pass the Dutchie" song from Ready for the World. A one hit wonder here in the U.S. in the mid 1980s. Silly and catchy.

Welcome!

Back