New Guy Here

Pontiacrich

Hello all, thought I'd pop in and say hi!

Live in Maine; been playing for 41+ years; loyal Ludwig and Zildjian guy - attached is a picture of my late 80's Ludwig Rockers, also own a mid/late 70's blue Vistalite set - currently at 10 pieces; have an audition coming up in two weeks after being out of gigging for over 15 years.

Married, no kids; very reluctant Engineer by trade; SCUBA diver, Photographer by passion (along with Music); active in Greyhound rescue - currently have four dogs; two cats

That's the very abridged version (I'm at work).

Attachments

• Rockers_a3.jpg
    Rockers_a3.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 206
Hi, good to meet you!

We usually have two dogs and four cats, but we only have one dog now :(

Hope the audition goes well.

Welcome on-board!

Quite an interesting CV. For the time being, I have two Rosie Barbs and one Siam fighter fish.

Cheers...

Welcome to the forum old/new guy! Im sure you have a wealth of knowledge everyone wants to pick at. Have fun here.

welcome to the forum.

welcome.
4 greyhounds? you must be in good shape.
Why a 'reluctant' engineer? Job's got you down?

Welcome! I have a friend who rescues Greyhounds, and they are very cool dogs.

That's greyt!

They are great dogs to own and don't require much exercise at all - despite their racing heritage. They are basically, 45mph couch potatoes.

As far as Scuba & Photography...here's a shot from our trip to Little Cayman in May:

And one of my land shots of July 4th fireworks in Boothbay Harbor, ME:

T- 1 week to my first audition in 15 years. Working hard on the tunes (blues/jazz)

Attachments

• Green Turtle.jpg
    Green Turtle.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 100
  • BBH_Fireworks_7_4_2013_a.jpg
    BBH_Fireworks_7_4_2013_a.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 113
welcome.
4 greyhounds? you must be in good shape.
Why a 'reluctant' engineer? Job's got you down?

Oh yes! I've been an Engineer for 17+ years, but I know about three months after starting my first job that it really wasn't for me. Took me 15 years to get out and do what I really wanted - building/repairing wooden boats. But the economy tanking in '09 left me unemployed for two years :( So back into Engineering again. It's passed time for that boat to sail!

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

I'll be on the board sporadically over the next couple of weeks, as I've got an audition coming up and I'm spending more time hitting the skins than the keys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Drummerworld. A photo of the Vista's would be cool.​

Hah! I'd love to...only problem is too much stuff in my basement and not enough floor space!

If I get this gig, I'll be able to move the Rockers to the practice location, and that will allow me to set up the Vista's.

Here's hoping I get the gig!

For now here are just a few pieces of the set I'm building...FrankenVista!

The Octobans are actually new RCI and not Ludwigs...all the other drums are genuine 70's Vista's!

Attachments

• Luddy Vistas.jpg
    Luddy Vistas.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 106
Back