Show off your Yamahas!

I have this same set (sizes) of the SCB-I have had a problem with the 10' tom.When I hold it by the rim it resonates perfect but when I place it on the mount it chokes. Have you had this problem and what head combination are you using? Nice set!!
Thanks GWD. I have had this issue too. Lately I have been using EC2s on my 12 and 14 and a G2 on my 10. I use G1s for the resos.

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

Thanks GWD. I have had this issue too. Lately I have been using EC2s on my 12 and 14 and a G2 on my 10. I use G1s for the resos. ]

Could you please make a video with those Meinl's? Still torn between the Raw Bell and the Extra Dry... :)

Ok, so my youngest daughter (10 yrs. old) has been bugging me about setting up the Birch Custom Abs. kit..so last night I granted her request and decided to take the Maple kit down for a little bit and put the birch kit up.....here's some pics...pretty much same setup as my maple kit, other than the kick is an 18X20..

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Mine are on ebay right now hahahaha!!!! Recording Customs in piano black lacquer. Doc

Here's a few more pics of my MCAN with the new white heads and logos..also now have white kick port..:)

Even if it's about to transform into a mega robot, this is my favourit on this forum. I'd kill for this kit, though I would maybe swap the cymbals for Meinls and Zillys.

Even if it's about to transform into a mega robot, this is my favourit on this forum. I'd kill for this kit, though I would maybe swap the cymbals for Meinls and Zillys.

So what are you sayin??..my kit looks like a transformer..lol...yea I got some hardware there..have you ever tried Paiste..they're really nice sounding cymbals..they have that classic rock kinda sound..Zildjians are nice as well..not sure about Meinl's..never tried them..

My Autobot would kick his Decepticon's butt any day of the week. :)

I meant - you have the nicest Yammy on here. Did I offend you by giving you cred for having bad ass steel?

No, not at all...I took your comments as a compliment!..I was just having some light-hearted fun with your comments..and Thanks for the compliment!..:)

No, not at all...I took your comments as a compliment!..I was just having some light-hearted fun with your comments..and Thanks for the compliment!..:)

Ah, okay, it's hard to judge on the internet.
And no, I haven't played many Paistes. Like the Giant Beats and he bigger 2oo2's! :)

Hello everybody,

Today I just bought my first Yamaha... got a 1999 Yamaha Beech Custom.. I havent even got it set up..

Toms
photo2-1.jpg

Bass drums (one of the bass hoops cracked, thats why it has the maple hoop)
photo3.jpg

Bought it of a guy through craigslist.. i'm hoping to enjoy it for a while... Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Back