Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

My Sonor Force 3007 in Natural Maple on a job 8/01/09 :)

IMG_0096Small.JPG

Drums
10, 12, 13, & 16 Toms
22x17.5 Bass
5.5x 14 Snare
Cymbals (All Wuhan S Series) :)
14” Hats
16” Crash
17” Crash
18” Crash
20” Ride
18” China
Hardware
Gibraltar 5600 Series
Cases
Protechtor Elite Air

We played for a fire dept yard party and we set up on the entrance apron to the truck bays. The apron has a slight slope to it so last evening everything was leaning away from me. Not the natural feel I’m use to. This required more concentration on my playing but by applying that extra effort it actually made me more aware and perform better. How did we do last evening? We booked for next year.

Never seen anyone using like all the Wuhan cymbals. Are they any good, the crashes and the hats? Nicee Sonor's, ive just got the plain old 503's :( Do the job though :)

A funny thing about the Wuhans. A couple years ago I ordered a Wuhan China and MF had a deal that if you bought an 18 inch china you get a 16 & 18 S series crash with the deal. I was so impressed with the sound of the two S series I decided to order the 14 inch hats and 20 inch ride. I also ordered a 17 crash to fill out the set. The sound is bright, cutting, and loud. Maybe not as clean as A Customs but much brighter and cutting than all of my A Zildjians. Very suitable for classic rock and country. I own several Zildnians (11 I think) and the Wuhans hold their place in my collection quite well. If you are playing softer music like jazz or blues the Wuhans would not be my cymbal of choice. When you look at the price and their quality they just might be the best bang for your buck in cymbals.

You are absolutely right; the natural maple doesn’t take a good picture at all indoors with a flash. But they are beautiful to the real eye inside or out. Even in this picture they don’t look as good as they do in person. I never had this problem with my Gretsch Cherry Lacquer finish drums. They look great in all light. Go figure.

...Even in this picture they don’t look as good as they do in person. ...

Wow, that's really something seeing that they already look incredible. I see that those kits are on blow-out at several places, but I haven't seen any in the natural finish. I'm gonna keep my eyes open though.

too bad I choose white sparks... your kit looks gorgeous !!

Phil.

How about some pictures of the white sparkle? I almost bought that finish but the web site picture looked a little odd. I did see one kit in white sparkle on one of the sites that looked very good.

I owned a white sparkle Force 3005 kit, it didn't look bad at all. It's my favorite finish -- next to the natural maple. :)

Attachments

• 105_0576.jpg
    105_0576.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14,277
How about some pictures of the white sparkle? I almost bought that finish but the web site picture looked a little odd. I did see one kit in white sparkle on one of the sites that looked very good.

They are on the page #3 but...

Philippe.

jazz2jd3.jpg

jazz1jo1.jpg

sonor.jpg

I just joined the Sonor family yesterday. Sorry for the crappy cameraphone pic but I can't find my camera anywhere....

I upgraded to these babies, 6-piece Sonor Force 3007 Studio 1 kit from an 8-piece Rockstar.

While I was waiting for these to come in, I was already missing my Rockstars since I had to sell them to afford this and they had served me well, but I'm so happy I traded up. I got a set of Iron Cobras (double pedal) along with buying this for super cheap ($550!) and I'm in love with it.

I got the finish and everything I wanted but I noticed my badges all say Sonor Special Edition on them. Did I get a better/worse deal than I thought? lol

I blame Musiciansfriend.

Nope

The Special Addition kits are a package kit with the add on drum. The drums are the same Force 3007’s as the ones with the 3007 badge. This comes straight from Sonor back when I bought my kit. Put Remo Emps on the toms and a PS 3 or Evans EQ 4 on the bass and an Ambassador on the snare and you will hear a wonderful difference. The stock heads sound good but with these heads you will hear a whole new drum kit. I’ve been playing since 1964 (yea I’m old) and this is one of the best kits I’ve owned or played period.

Nope

The Special Addition kits are a package kit with the add on drum. The drums are the same Force 3007’s as the ones with the 3007 badge. This comes straight from Sonor back when I bought my kit. Put Remo Emps on the toms and a PS 3 or Evans EQ 4 on the bass and an Ambassador on the snare and you will hear a wonderful difference. The stock heads sound good but with these heads you will hear a whole new drum kit. I’ve been playing since 1964 (yea I’m old) and this is one of the best kits I’ve owned or played period.

I figured it was something kinda silly like that without too much of a difference, thanks for clarification.

I've got a Melody Master for my snare and honestly was surprised how similar the two snares sounded even once I tuned up the Sonor one with the stock head on it. I still prefer my Melody Master (plus you can't beat the 3-way throwoff) but I might one day put some new heads on that snare and tuned it up just to see how they compare.

I was planning on doing coated over clear Ambassadors on the toms and a PS3 batter/Ported PS3 reso anyways with no muffling.

The fact these drums sound awesome even with stock heads is making me wonder how much more I'll fall in love with these once I put all new heads on them and tune them up.... :3

Force 3000 Birch in rare CT wrap, with matching snare. I had to go to Germany to find the snare and I hand carried it back home. The only other one I could find was in Japan.

l_87613db4913b7e05c80e02ad1425dec4.jpg

l_08ab81a9896f9af09236e3b457c57945.jpg

l_abe30650f29507444f90f0292064e7d9.jpg

Back