Bernhard's new DW...

What China cymbal do we see in the photo? It looks like a 22" Traditional.

It's from the Vinnie Colaiuta Line Modern Essentials from Paiste - China 22'

Bernhard

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day many like to ride in their car or ride their bike, but there are those who prefer to "ride" their cymbals. Beautiful kit and I know you will enjoy it! You need to buy some pearl duck tape for that cowbell so it matches. hee,hee.

Sweet! (That's almost exactly the same way I have my drums/cymbals setup. Cowbell too.)

After looking at those pics, all I could think to myself was "That looks classy!"

And so it does.

Sweet!. Definitely has the "Old School" look, though I would assume the finish will hold up over time, much better than the older white marine pearl finishes did.

Congratulations, Bernhard! Old school classy drum-kit, always stands!!! I would like to have a roll on it :) ...

Man - that really looks like fun. Good tunes. Hard to beat an upbeat bluesy vibe with a touch of harp thrown in. Makes me want to try it again.

You threw in some pretty snazzy stuff there too, like that left handed roll at about 4:05 in the first clip. The drums sounded good and the player can really rock out - ha ha.

Thanks for posting that - very enjoyable.

Great vibe in the room Bernhard! I really picked up on that, & so did the audience. Band oozes fun, & that makes such a difference.

One "technical" point of interest to me, do you use a longer than average stick? It looks like it from the video. Also, you hold them near the back of the stick. Of course, we're always told that's "bad" technique, but it's exactly what I do, & I'm happy with it. I also use extra long sticks :)

How did I miss this thread....

Better late than never I guess :)

Very nice kit Bernhard, I love the finish and the setup.

Nice videos too, oh my... that one handed single stroke roll during the drum solo in Crazy Legs... amazing and spot on, the whole solo stay within the song's theme.

While I was at it, I also watched a few vids from the 6UP Blues Band website, very cool... :)

Back