Show Off Your DW Kit

I'll play!

Here's mine. Before anyone says anything about the tom angles :), I changed them recently. This is an older picture. I also have one of my edge snare that I had made to match the set. It's a crappy picture but you can still see it.

Attachments

• dw1.JPG
    dw1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 8,420
  • dw2.JPG
    dw2.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 8,286
  • 051507_19461.jpg
    051507_19461.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 8,308
I'll play!
Here's mine. Before anyone says anything about the tom angles :), I changed them recently.

Would anyone really say anything about the tom angles?

Playing drums is all about comfort and personality. I love the fact that everyone comes up with their own little details. I know the trend right now is low, flat toms, but don't let anyone tell you how to play if you're more comfortable playing another way.

Cheers! oh, and sorry if I came off sounding preachy.
Ben Adrian

Barry,
That set is looking really sweet and classy. It's probably my favorite of your kits.

...Thank You Mendozart.

That is "my" kit, the rest are just mine untill their rightfull owners come to claim them.

Barry

more DW at NAMM 2008...

aluminum lugs & hoops?
Jazz Series made from USA & "foreign" components?
new lug design?

All of those look nice... But that last pic, the finish is so nice. It seems like something you would see on a Mapex Orion.

Now this reeks classiness!! fabulous, Barry! How do these babies sound?

...Sat Sri Akall Aydee.

I have to play witht these a little bit more as the 14 and 16 sound pretty close (to my ears). I have not had too much time to fine tune them yet. Right now I am working 12 to 16 hours a day, so when I get home I might smack them around for a couple of minutes, if I am lucky.

I am looking forward to having a couple of days off so I can really give them a good test drive.

Later my friend.

barry

...here are mine.

tiger ash ebony lacquer, 20x18, 16x16, 12x9, 14x6 20" Manhattan ride, 17" AAX stage crash, 18" legacy, 14" Manhattan hats

Barry

Your set makes me feel all warm inside

Hardware came, new kit set up.

Flammen_kit.jpg

I like the natural wood finish on that set. I am a big fan of the wood finishes from DW. the satin chrome is also really nice and that is what my set has also. DW used to have a "Spider Pine" kit in blue stain that was incredible looking!

I'll play!

Here's mine. Before anyone says anything about the tom angles :), I changed them recently. This is an older picture. I also have one of my edge snare that I had made to match the set. It's a crappy picture but you can still see it.

im so jelaous of everyone on this thread, i sooo want a dw jazz series kit :(

Hardware came, new kit set up.

Flammen_kit.jpg

Super cool.
I saw the sizes on the post below, and I gotta say a 12-15-18 is a really great combination.

I like it because you can get all the cool 12" toms highs, to the awesome 18" low, and you're only carrying a couple drums, but it's beefier than with a 14-16.

And the 13X15 is one of the great size drums--real cool for a FT.
Waaay better than a 14x14 IMO.

How is that 14X18?

I've always been curious about that size.

I love 14X16's.

They still get the deep, big sound, but it's faster in getting the 'total sound' happening.

Is it same with the 14X18?

How is that 14X18?

I've always been curious about that size.

I love 14X16's.

They still get the deep, big sound, but it's faster in getting the 'total sound' happening.

Is it same with the 14X18?

I have had the kit in the studio this past weekend and I am absolutely thrilled. I haven't played floor toms in years, but I was lacking some extra low end with my other 8, 10, 12, 14 setup. So I decided to go with some floor toms in combination with the new X-shells.

The 13x15" X-shell tom sounds WAY bigger than the 14x16" I had on my old Yamaha Maple Custom, and the 14x18" X-shell tom is almost like a kick drum. VERY deep, big sound with defined attack and nice sustain. So yes, I guess you could say the "total sound" is happening really fast.

Back